The Israelis have struck again, blowing up hand held 2 way radios this time.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
You need to read a factual history of the Indian Wars sometime. They very much engaged in terrorism, both with whites and amongst themselves. It's not
Politically correct these days but Native Americans were pretty much in a perpetual and permanent state of low level war amongst themselves. It was at times unspeakably brutal.
Yep, the Europeans would have never gained a foothold in the country if it wasn't for alliances made with warring tribes. The only thing they saw as a greater threat than mass immigration was each other.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
You need to read a factual history of the Indian Wars sometime. They very much engaged in terrorism, both with whites and amongst themselves. It's not
Politically correct these days but Native Americans were pretty much in a perpetual and permanent state of low level war amongst themselves. It was at times unspeakably brutal.
I meant after they lost. Certainly American Indians did not recognize or follow whatever rules of war were generally agreed upon by Europeans at the time (nor did the europeans or generally the US in fighting american indians), but you had real light cavalry battles/war in contested, generally sparsely populated areas, that sort of rolled through the frontier areas in the southeast and the west and when they were done, you barely had any sporadic violence afterwards. You certainly didn't have american indians riding out of reservations to commit violent acts and then trying to hide behind women and children on the reservation. Granted some of that may be the brutality of the retaliation by the US and/or settlers and the technological differences.

Of course none of that really applies to Choctaws, who acctually fought with the US in a lot of the american indian wars, but I don't see why that would make their claim to land any less valid than people in the Gaza strip.

Reactions: 40mikemike

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Gotta love 6P. A shift from ME terrorists to Native Americans taking stays in the blink of an eye.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
And if we're being honest, the Choctaw nation would be a lot more justified in fighting the USA than Lebanon is in fighting Israel.
That may be true but it would be equally fruitless. The Native Americans chose to live under the thumb rather than be annihilated.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I meant after they lost. Certainly American Indians did not recognize or follow whatever rules of war were generally agreed upon by Europeans at the time (nor did the europeans or generally the US in fighting american indians), but you had real light cavalry battles/war in contested, generally sparsely populated areas, that sort of rolled through the frontier areas in the southeast and the west and when they were done, you barely had any sporadic violence afterwards. You certainly didn't have american indians riding out of reservations to commit violent acts and then trying to hide behind women and children on the reservation. Granted some of that may be the brutality of the retaliation by the US and/or settlers and the technological differences.

Of course none of that really applies to Choctaws, who acctually fought with the US in a lot of the american indian wars, but I don't see why that would make their claim to land any less valid than people in the Gaza strip.
Stealing land is THE story of human history. There is probably NO group on its original land on the entire planet. I could go back to Ireland and try to claim the land the English stole from my family. I know EXACTLY where it is. Of course the current Irish owners wouldn't allow that, and nor should they. My family undoubtably stole it from someone else. Then there is the sticky problem of which of that ancestor's descendants gets the land should we get it. If it was divided up, we would probably each get a square yard or so. Gazans have no right to any land in Israel, and haven't since they left at the behest of Israel's enemies in 1948.

AttillaTheDog

Oct 3, 2023
Gonna be honest, I don’t love it. I know that war is hell, but apparently children have been injured/killed in these attacks. This seems like something the bad guys would do. You know, explosions that have the potential to kill or maim indiscriminately.
Were we the bad guys when Dresden was firebombed? How about Nagasaki or Hiroshima ?

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Stealing land is THE story of human history. There is probably NO group on its original land on the entire planet. I could go back to Ireland and try to claim the land the English stole from my family. I know EXACTLY where it is. Of course the current Irish owners wouldn't allow that, and nor should they. My family undoubtably stole it from someone else. Then there is the sticky problem of which of that ancestor's descendants gets the land should we get it. If it was divided up, we would probably each get a square yard or so. Gazans have no right to any land in Israel, and haven't since they left at the behest of Israel's enemies in 1948.
I would say if you actually own land and get displaced by threat or force, there is a time where you can justifiably fight for it. Not sure what the right measure is. Depends on what happens afterwards. Once it gets stolen or bought by somebody else, that’s probably it. I think lots of Cubans could have justifiably fought to recover their land into, I don’t know, the 80’s? Maybe even the 90s? Maybe now?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Correct. Not quite the peaceful, nostalgic, utopia that the evil white colonizers ransacked. Go sell that false shame elsewhere. The "red stick" is red for a reason, much like a native crucifix.

Many had underage brides and raped and killed the other tribe's women during battle. And worse. But it's so much easier to blame others for all your woes.

That shame narrative is not telling the whole story. But it's certainly the most played out narrative used over and over and over by people that help but cling to the identity of being in a class of helpless victims. It's a narrative that sells blame and believable empathy. 1 angle of a 10 sided story.

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007

You are grouping all Tribes as one when you say among themselves. It was no different that when different countries fought. How should they have reacted when a larger better equipped force(Europeans) moved in and started taking their land and killing their people? I know I would have fought with everything and every dirty trick that I knew.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
My fear is that you're going to see exploding devices make their way to commercial airlines. It's going to be hard to ask everyone to open their cell phone or pager for security.
The explosive can be made to look like a Li ion battery.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
You are grouping all Tribes as one when you say among themselves. It was no different that when different countries fought. How should they have reacted when a larger better equipped force(Europeans) moved in and started taking their land and killing their people? I know I would have fought with everything and every dirty trick that I knew.
I wasn't just talking about their wars with whites. Nearly all of them fought each other. Some were more warlike than others but they all fought. They had to, even before the whites came.

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
I wasn't just talking about their wars with whites. Nearly all of them fought each other. Some were more warlike than others but they all fought. They had to, even before the whites came.
So you called them terrorists for fighting back with everything they had against the Europeans who had vastly superior numbers and technology when they invaded. What should they have done? Btw, the British said basically the same thing about the colonists when the colonies rebelled. The colonists were using techniques used from fighting Indians. Minus most of the torture.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
So you called them terrorists for fighting back with everything they had against the Europeans who had vastly superior numbers and technology when they invaded. What should they have done? Btw, the British said basically the same thing about the colonists when the colonies rebelled. The colonists were using techniques used from fighting Indians. Minus most of the torture.
Oh, you are one of those. That the Indians used terror tactics against whites and among themselves is indisputable. War is all hell. The Indians were no innocent peaceful bunnies even BEFORE they had contact with whites. They were in a state of perpetual war among themselves well before the Spanish arrived. They fought among themselves right down to when we took their land. The whites did just as bad to them as they did to us. Look up the aftermath of Sand Creek sometime.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Gonna be honest, I don’t love it. I know that war is hell, but apparently children have been injured/killed in these attacks. This seems like something the bad guys would do. You know, explosions that have the potential to kill or maim indiscriminately.
Easiest thing in the world to stop. Don't attack, mutilate, kill and take hostage a bunch of innocent Israeli men, women and children and they probably won't blow your (and possibly the person standing next to you) asse$ up.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Oh, you are one of those. That the Indians used terror tactics against whites and among themselves is indisputable. War is all hell. The Indians were no innocent peaceful bunnies even BEFORE they had contact with whites. They were in a state of perpetual war among themselves well before the Spanish arrived. They fought among themselves right down to when we took their land. The whites did just as bad to them as they did to us. Look up the aftermath of Sand Creek sometime.
Different poster, same response as yesterday-
Wow, that is a hell of an example to cite.

Here are some cold realities about modern war, and they are correct, even if they arent popular-
- Attacks on innocent Israelis are terrible.
- Attacks on innocent Palestinians/Syrians/etc are terrible.
- Those who attack and cause terror should be apprehended and prosecuted.
- It is possible for the attacked side to also cause terror and war crimes.

As for land- I mean, its the Israeli/Palestinian conflict- its messy as 17. Palestine wants land they they claim to not be built on. Israel wants to continue to ignore borders.
Ray Charles knew conflict in that area would go on for decades back when Israel was created, and here we are with it playing out. Nobody knew exactly how it would play out, but anyone with a working brain knew there would be perpetual conflict.

I am fascinated to see how many people reference Euro conflicts with NA Tribes as a comparison to whats happening between Israel and Hamas in this war.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
How dumb do you have to be to keep on using 2 way radios when your beepers had just be sabotaged the previous day?