The Lane Kiffin Bidding War begins

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If you told me two weeks ago that Florida State would lose in Georgia Tech and they were down to Boston College at halftime, I would've said you were crazy. That was just a panic attack from the head coach.... they're out of this one already.

My mighty have fallen.

Reactions: patdog

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Merlinz to FSU. *

.....and it would be glorious to watch him kick UFs tail every year.

Reactions: eckie1

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Some of y’all have been pimping Kiffin out for every job you can think of for years. He’s not going anywhere. He has it made at Ole Miss. I only see him leaving for a true blue blood, and those type of programs aren’t going to hire Kiffin because of his trolling antics.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Florida State is about to start 0-2 before they play Clemson and go to SMU, Miami, and Notre Dame. Sheesh.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Travel Driving GIF

patdog

May 28, 2007
Some of y’all have been pimping Kiffin out for every job you can think of for years. He’s not going anywhere. He has it made at Ole Miss. I only see him leaving for a true blue blood, and those type of programs aren’t going to hire Kiffin because of his trolling antics.
Actually, I've always said he's not leaving yet every year up until now. And he won't leave for anything but an elite job. The UF job fits that bill and the FSU job probably does, and at least one of them will be open.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
There are very few programs that would hire Kiffin. There are a few, and he is at one of them.

Reactions: eckie1

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
100% correct, and if he does leave UF would be a horrible choice if he wants to be there long term. Their fanbase and athletic department expects something they haven’t been for a long time, and even when a coach does very well he gets canned.

Since Urban:

Muschamp: Fired in the middle of his 4th season.

McElwain: Fired in the middle of his 3rd season coming off of back to back SEC championship game appearances.

Mullen: Fired in the middle of his 4th season after coming off a SEC championship game appearance and 2 New Years 6 Bowls.

Billy: Most likely will be fired in the middle of his 3rd season.

I know most coaches are arrogant and they think the can win anywhere, but I would steer clear of UF. If Lane wants to go to a bigger program in the SEC, he should wait another year until LSU runs Kelly off.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Completely insane take. There are very few programs that wouldn't hire Kiffin
The guy has more baggage than most any P5 coach I can think of. I thought the Rebs were insane to hire to guy, but he has really, really maintained composure and has done a million times better than I could’ve ever expected.

Any school that considers hiring the guy will most definitely look at his career before the bears, and it was absolutely a dumpster fire.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The guy has more baggage than most any P5 coach I can think of. I thought the Rebs were insane to hire to guy, but he has really, really maintained composure and has done a million times better than I could’ve ever expected.

Any school that considers hiring the guy will most definitely look at his career before the bears, and it was absolutely a dumpster fire.
Sarkiesian didn't have any problem getting hired at freaking Texas. Kiffen hasn't had any issues at Mississippi at all. He will be in high demand if they meet expectations this fall.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
The guy is a great coach and definitely a winner.

Everybody loves Joey Freshwater and would love to have him as their coach and bangin' their coeds.

See OM. They will throw everything they've got at him to keep him.

They will outbid or match UF and FSU and probably anyone else, including LSU.

So the only reason Joey leaves is because Joey wants to go somewhere else.

• Haha
Reactions: Fishsqeezer

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007

His "baggage" at this point is that he left Tennessee after just one year and didn't get along with Al Davis. His stint at SC was only considered a dumpster fire because their expectations were ridiculous at the time

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009

I think this is way off. All but about maybe 15 schools max would trade their coach for Lane Kiffin right now if they could snap their fingers and make it happen.

15 might even be a stretch

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
His "baggage" at this point is that he left Tennessee after just one year and didn't get along with Al Davis. His stint at SC was only considered a dumpster fire because their expectations were ridiculous at the time
his "baggage" is rather light.

Hes actually done nothing.
Won at UT, took a better job, happens all the time

.got fired at USC for not winning --wasnt and wont be the only coach that got fired for losing.

Didnt succeed as a college coach in the NFL-- join the list of coaches this has happened too

Started back as a coordinator at Bama. Was extremely successful.

Took HC position at a lesser school, won big, and earned himself the Ole Miss job

Built/Building Ole Miss into a program on the brink of becoming a major player in college football

Actually i dont see any baggage there... unless you dont like his social media or sideline presence-- which is way over blown....

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
his "baggage" is rather light.

Hes actually done nothing.
Won at UT, took a better job, happens all the time

.got fired at USC for not winning --wasnt and wont be the only coach that got fired for losing.

Didnt succeed as a college coach in the NFL-- join the list of coaches this has happened too

Started back as a coordinator at Bama. Was extremely successful.

Took HC position at a lesser school, won big, and earned himself the Ole Miss job

Built/Building Ole Miss into a program on the brink of becoming a major player in college football

Actually i dont see any baggage there... unless you dont like his social media or sideline presence-- which is way over blown....
I mean look the other way at the dating decisions. Some schools will. Some won't

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I mean look the other way at the dating decisions. Some schools will. Some won't
last i checked he hasnt done anything dating wise that is wrong... but i get what your saying. That said if schools higher people like Freeze they'll line up for Kiffin. There are probably less than 10 schools that wouldnt be interested in Lane if their job were to pop open... and even that might be high.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I think this is way off. All but about maybe 15 schools max would trade their coach for Lane Kiffin right now if they could snap their fingers and make it happen.

15 might even be a stretch
The “15” is what he’s after. I acknowledged he’s done a great job. But, he’s a character risk and a social pariah.

He’s very much minded his P’s and Q’s in Oxford, and it will pay off some day. But jeebus, they hired the guy from Florida Atlantic…. Don’t act like you fall from USC and Tenner to FAU without a freaking reason.

Reactions: MedDawg

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
last i checked he hasnt done anything dating wise that is wrong... but i get what your saying. That said if schools higher people like Freeze they'll line up for Kiffin. There are probably less than 10 schools that wouldnt be interested in Lane if their job were to pop open... and even that might be high.
LOL in this day and time, what could a winning football coach do that would be considered "wrong" ?

Reactions: patdog

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
If there's one thing I've learned about major college football programs over the past few years, it's that ethical principles matter as much as other considerations.***

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
Nope. He has something of a track record at every place he has been. There aren't many places that want that kind of distraction.
Defend this. Tennesse has reasonable beef with him. Who else?

He was fired from USC for not competing for national championships under probation. He was fired from the Raiders for not immediately wining at a franchise that hasn't won at a high level for over 20 years. He excelled at Bama. He excelled at FAU

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login