The Official WNBA Discussion Thread

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Okay folks I keep reading that we here want discussion about the professional WNBA, and NCAA Women's College Basketball kept separated. This was tried before, but I will once again try to start a new thread for WNBA discussion. Here goes:

Just to open the thread up with Gamecock-related information that is directly relevant to the WNBA, here is a listing of former Gamecock players who are in the W. This list is as of 2023 so there may be some omissions - please update with any players who are now in the W or who are no longer in, who are either part or not part of that listing:

Laeticia Amihere (Atlanta Dream)

Aliyah Boston (Indiana Fever)

Kamilla Cardoso (Chicago Sky)

Alaina Coates (Las Vegas Aces)

Zia Cooke (Los Angeles Sparks)

Allisha Gray (Atlanta Dream)

Tyasha Harris (Connecticut Sun)

Destanni Henderson (Atlanta Dream)

Mikiah Herbert-Harrison (Phoenix Mercury)

Tiffany Mitchell (Connecticut Sun)

Victaria Saxton (Indiana Fever)

A'ja Wilson (Las Vegas Aces) - 2X WNBA Champion, 2X League MVP

South Carolina currently has 11 active WNBA players, 2nd only to Connecticut's 17 active players. All-time, South Carolina doesn't even crack the top 10 of college programs with total WNBA draft picks, but in testimony to Dawn Staley and what she has done to the program, the Gamecocks are 4th all-time with 13 1st-Round WNBA draft picks (behind Stanford's 15, Tennessee's 21 and Connecticut's 27), and they are tied for 2nd all-time with Notre Dame, Stanford, and Tennessee with two (2) overall 1st-Round draft picks (Wilson, Boston), behind CT's 5 overall picks.

Last edited:
Reactions: CWW

Silverspur02

Joined Jan 26, 2006 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 17, 2022
Alaina Coates is no longer with the Las Vegas Aces. She finished the 2023 season with them, but was traded or signed elsewhere at the start of the season.

She may have been signed as a practice player...

Reactions: ConwayGamecock

Crutcher

Feb 2, 2022
I wish Alisha Gray was with a better team. She has always been a great all around player, and even though she made the All-Star team, she is very underrated. Good things happen when she has the ball in her hands.

Reactions: cockyclt

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Alaina Coates is no longer with the Las Vegas Aces. She finished the 2023 season with them, but was traded or signed elsewhere at the start of the season.

She may have been signed as a practice player...
Coates was cut in the preseason by the Seattle Storm.

Reactions: ConwayGamecock

Whiterockcock69

Joined Sep 12, 2010
Jan 31, 2022
Just to make a post here I am curious about several things:

1. The CC fans have about made life unbearable for a number of other fans, teammates, the coach. How is Aliyah dealing with all of that?
2. A’ja is a beast. She is really something special.
3. How is L A doing? She’s not getting to play much and her body language doesn’t look good.
4. Ditto for Victaria.

Just questions/observations I’ve had. Just to share with group.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Just to make a post here I am curious about several things:

1. The CC fans have about made life unbearable for a number of other fans, teammates, the coach. How is Aliyah dealing with all of that?
2. A’ja is a beast. She is really something special.
3. How is L A doing? She’s not getting to play much and her body language doesn’t look good.
4. Ditto for Victaria.

Just questions/observations I’ve had. Just to share with group.
LA did get to play some yesterday. Scored 4 Points and got 8 Rebounds in a loss to a Connecticut. Destanni, also, got in and scored a basket. LA just needs to hang in there. Atlanta went out and got veterans like Tina Charles trying to win and it's not working. I think she gets her turn if they continue to lose. I am not sure what role Saxton can earn on the Fever. They alternate 3 bigs that take up the majority of the minutes.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login