The playoff committee is slowly losing me

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
That's fine. The entire country wants to see how the G5 darling would hold up to the might P5 power (much less SEC). Let's see it. And here's the kicker - we need to see the matchup in a game that MATTERS. Not the obscure Big 6 bowl where half the P5's team opts out.

If they don’t have to play the entire schedule, it’s horse hockey that they only have to step up for one game while their opponent has to hold serve while nursing all of their injuries from playing real competition throughout the season.

Other than ND, the meat of the Cincy schedule is just happening starting this weekend. They haven’t played any teams as good as State any other week. And we don’t really know how bad ND is this year because of how bad the ACC is.

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t care to watch Cincy get their **** pushed out of their mouth on New Years Day.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
The only way you know this is because of the names on the uniform. Is it rational and a pretty good bet? Sure. But you don't know for certain. What you did know is that LSU beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa.

And we knew that Iowa State beat Ok St.. Based on game results that year, all we could say for certain is that LSU played well enough to not lose to a bad team, but Oklahoma St didn't.

The reason I'm right is because that system was blown up due to that, and we got the playoff. Sure Alabama was good, but others deserve a chance, especially when we don't get enough cross pollination in scheduling.

This is the reason you're wrong. If they had gotten the wrong result, they wouldn't have needed to change the system. They would have just needed to figure out why the BCS got it wrong. Instead, they realized the BCS operated exactly as it was supposed to and they didn't like the result. And they didn't change it to keep one of the two best teams out of the championship if they already lost to the other team. They changed it to add a third and fourth team, (and to add more subjectivity to the selection process). I think it would have been better if they'd just kept the BCS but used it to seed the four team playoffs, but I think it has mostly worked out the same (possibly exactly the same other than seeding).

engie

May 29, 2011
We will simply have to agree to disagree. I just do not understand how people can have that opinion. To me, LSU and Alabama were in the same damn conference, played each other, and LSU won the game and the conference. Alabama shouldn't get a second chance. The REST OF THE DAMN COUNTRY......should.....get a chance. There was only room for 2 teams. In a 4 team playoff....sure, Alabama should get in.

Rematch of the regular season in a one game championship? Get out of here with that. Again, it was all about the uniform. 17 who was your theoretical "best". Who won the damn games?

Right. The team that lost in Ames, Iowa to a terrible team was certainly more deserving than Alabama was**

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Were the Atlanta Braves one of the two best teams in Baseball this past year? The best teams don't always win the championship or some times even make the championship game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login