The portal

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Looking at these first two games, other than Matthews, the rest of our portal takes this time just aren't playing except in clean up. Charlton is a previous portal guy. Calvin hasn't been good.
Polk was big last year. We haven't really hit on much in the portal.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
There’s a reason guys are in the portal, for the most part. Unless they are the high profile guys that everybody knows about.

That said, depth is EXACTLY what we need from the portal. Portal has ultimately been a net positive for us.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I disagree at least partially. Several teams have hit big on transfers. AZ is one example. Marshall is one, OM is one, lots of teams have gotten better with the portal. Parity has been created from what I'm seeing. That's not simply clean up level depth. I just find it curious we aren't really hitting on it much.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Well OM got the high profile guys. We all knew who Dart and TCU RB were. We haven’t needed that yet. You can’t really land those guys unless you have that gaping hole bc they want to start.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Speaking of Dart, it’s refreshing to hear the announcers erroneously say Dart was on our depth chart last night.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I disagree at least partially. Several teams have hit big on transfers. AZ is one example. Marshall is one, OM is one, lots of teams have gotten better with the portal. Parity has been created from what I'm seeing. That's not simply clean up level depth. I just find it curious we aren't really hitting on it much.

You really think OLe MIss is better than last season?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login