The Price of Poker just went up: MC offering full tuition scholarships to all students who are Mississippi residents...

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I have relatives that have gone there and as far as I can tell, it was because the parents thought there was less heathen like activity.

Even with all the rule breaking and sneaking around, I would assume there is at least a little less pressure for girls to slut it up since there are at least some restraints on the on-campus competition. And I can see why that would be enticing to girls that are tired of trying to date in a market where they don't want to have sex but plenty of other girls do.

Not sure how they fill out the male population. I assume it's 99.9% scholarship and athletes?
Did you think girls at MSU were pressured to 'slut it up'?

I dated thru college and really was only ever an observer vs participant in that dept, thank goodness. Too much effort.
But girls I was around during my years sure didnt seem to feel pressured to 'slut it up'.
And what is that exactly?...is there a male version of 'slut it up' or is it only on the girl?

Girls that were done up sure seemed to want to dress that way. Doesnt mean they are 'slutted up' though.
Girls that wanted to have sex could obviously do just that. Doesnt mean they were 'slutted up' though.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Did you think girls at MSU were pressured to 'slut it up'?

I dated thru college and really was only ever an observer vs participant in that dept, thank goodness. Too much effort.
But girls I was around during my years sure didnt seem to feel pressured to 'slut it up'.
And what is that exactly?...is there a male version of 'slut it up' or is it only on the girl?

Girls that were done up sure seemed to want to dress that way. Doesnt mean they are 'slutted up' though.
Girls that wanted to have sex could obviously do just that. Doesnt mean they were 'slutted up' though.
100% they felt pressure to slut it up. I had multiple girls complain to me about how even the supposedly decent guys would leave them at some point in the night to go chase girls that were easier. Now, that was not so veiled criticism of me, but I don't think that sentiment was limited solely to me. Even girls that were modest and want to limit sexual contact before marriage still generally wanted male attention and felt like they needed to compete for it.

And I feel extremely confident that on average, girls at MSU felt less pressured than girls at Ole Miss. Probably felt more pressured than girls at Ga Tech (but I don't have anything to base that on other than male/female balance of the student population) and probably felt more pressured than girls at MC, although I'd be much less confident of that guess.

You seem a little touchy about this. Were you slut shamed at some point in college?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
100% they felt pressure to slut it up. I had multiple girls complain to me about how even the supposedly decent guys would leave them at some point in the night to go chase girls that were easier. Now, that was not so veiled criticism of me, but I don't think that sentiment was limited solely to me. Even girls that were modest and want to limit sexual contact before marriage still generally wanted male attention and felt like they needed to compete for it.

And I feel extremely confident that on average, girls at MSU felt less pressured than girls at Ole Miss. Probably felt more pressured than girls at Ga Tech (but I don't have anything to base that on other than male/female balance of the student population) and probably felt more pressured than girls at MC, although I'd be much less confident of that guess.

You seem a little touchy about this. Were you slut shamed at some point in college?
Oh, see you had to go and ruin a really interesting response. Too bad.
Yeah, even though I mentioned in this thread that I was with someone during college, I was slut shamed. Good one.***

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Had a girlfriend at MC back in the day. No boys in the dorm. I was her "brother" and helping her move furniture around so i was admitted.
The no girls in the boys dorm was a real thing. There were specific times in which a girl could come into the boys dorm and vice versa. It was normally every other Wednesday afternoon, or something like that, from 5-7. The doors to the rooms had to be open, both feet had to be on the floor, and there were hall monitors. No Joke

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Sounds like that Spirit Airlines ticket before they charge you each way for a carry on.
Unpopular opinion, the price of your ticket to fly should be based upon which area of the plane you sit and the associated weight of every single thing you bring onboard. In other words, if you are fat the price of the ticket should be more expensive. If you pack heavy and you are fat, it should be even more expensive.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Unpopular opinion, the price of your ticket to fly should be based upon which area of the plane you sit and the associated weight of every single thing you bring onboard. In other words, if you are fat the price of the ticket should be more expensive. If you pack heavy and you are fat, it should be even more expensive.

I'd love to see this happen. Have a ticket price with a base price and then a fuel adjustment based on average weight of passenger and baggage. Have a vet scale at checkin. Passenger steps up there with everything they're taking. Get a rebate for coming in under or an additional charge for coming in over. Spirit should make it happen.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login