The Queen of classic rock thread got me thinking

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
I'd go as far as saying Permanent Vacation was their last good album and that's a music hill I'd die on. Pump was okay but they changed their sound and turned into a ****** chick band at that point.
Biggest nose dive in Rock. "One Way Street", "Mama Kin", "Adam's Apple", etc..and their best ever "Seasons of Wither".

Now it's "Love in an Elevator".

LOTRGOTDAWGFAN

May 23, 2022
About most played song still played on radio.

Since streaming services now are more popular than radio, I don’t listen to radio as much as I used to, but when I do Z106 out of Jackson still gets my attention.

Seems like every time I listen, “I Love Rock and Roll” comes on.

Is this the most played song that’s 30+ year’s old? What say you?
Metallica enter sandman is still being played in stadiums and arenas around the world.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Now, on Pandora, whether I’m on Classic Rock, Waylon Jennings, or Jamey Johnson , I seem to always hear “Copperhead Road”

Z106 used to wear it out too.

Agree with Sweet Child, Paradise City, Back in Black, Freebird, Sweethome, Feel like Making Love.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Journey &, Aerosmith songs every one of them.

Agree on Zep. And while they play a bunch of them, you can never get enough BTO.

I don't know why they don't play more Elvis. What gives?

kired

Aug 22, 2008
If anyone else here listens to Lithium on xm… I believe they are contractually obligated to play at least one of Nirvana, Pearl Jam, or RHCP every half hour

(even though PJ and RHCP have their own stations)

Reactions: dorndawg

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
Back when I lived in the Jackson area, the most overplayed song on Z106 was The Joker. Seems like they played it every fourth song.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
My current favorite station on XM/Sirius is Red, White, and Booze. They play three country drinking songs and one classic rock song. I’m not a big country fan and sometimes they play some very old crying in your beer crap and I’ll change the station but overall it’s a good station.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Yes and “One Bourbon One Scotch One Beer”. It goes on forever.
This one irritates the shiit out of me. Thorogood took two classics from (Mississippi's own) John Lee Hooker and combined them into an 8+ minute radio song. I hope John Lee got paid for it.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I know this is later than Classic Rock but that is what the Nickleback documentary was all about. How You Remind Me was killed by being overplayed.

Referencing the Siriusxm stations, Yacht Rock needs to be renamed to the Michael McDonald station. If you listen to it, every 3rd song has Michael McDonald in it. It is either one of his, or a Doobie Brothers or one of the million songs that he sings background on. I'm not sure if any other headliner level performer sings background on other bands songs as much as Michael. Maybe others do but their voice is just not as recognizable. It is kinda funny.

Reactions: MSUDOG24

skipperDawg

Dec 23, 2023
My current favorite station on XM/Sirius is Red, White, and Booze. They play three country drinking songs and one classic rock song. I’m not a big country fan and sometimes they play some very old crying in your beer crap and I’ll change the station but overall it’s a good station.
What number is that station for us seniors please

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
There are several "overplayed" songs if you are speaking strictly rock music that come to mind

Welcome to the Jungle
Highway to Hell
We Will Rock You
Jack and Diane
Free Bird

There are more approaching that territory but regardless I don't necessarily turn those songs off if I hear them come on.
I've always thought "Highway to Hell" was AC's best although I've never been a big fan of theirs. Still tune in to it along with "Hell's Bells". Hopefully MorningStar's not taking notes.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
These are ones I will usually change the channel when they come on:

Sweet Home Alabama
Hotel California
Stairway to Heaven
Freebird
Hurts So Good
Little Pink Houses
Lovein’ Touchin’ Squeezin’
Anyway You Want it
More Than A Feeling
Best Friends Girl
Double Vision
Feel Like Makin Love
Fly Like an Eagle

There’s probably more but I can’t think of them off the top of my head.

Lol, most of these I turn up the volume.

Different strokes...

Reactions: Anon1704414204

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
FWIW, I believe Don't Stop is by far the most downloaded song from the 20th century.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login