The shame of all this is

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
We returned most of the team that won 9 last year and threw away that advantage by trashing everything they had learned about offense for 4 yrs, and it was done by a former d-coordinator. Good thinking team.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
The most disappointing thing is both lines of scrimmage. We never got a whole lot of pressure when we rushed four on SELA's QB which was shocking to me. And if the offensive line doesn't get better it won't matter who the quarterback is. That's the very first thing that has to get fixed. The defense will continue to give up if the offense can't get in a rhythm.

MidsouthDawg

Aug 1, 2017
Also according to a pregame glow up article by woo Coleman, there were supposed to about 150 recruits at the game today... None are signing with us, not after today... Also expect our commits to start "reopening" their recruitment

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
In Rogers defense, every time he looked to pass LSU defenders were in his face. Our offensive line, also, had a melt down day.

They often had no idea who they were supposed to be blocking. On the first series of the game, a DT was doubled leaving another one completely free to Will. They appear to be terribly coached and it's very easy to see.

I've seen us manhandled by more talented lines, and that happened a few times, but this was clearly more of a coaching issue. A few of them are lost.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Rogers has 8-12 years of running the air raid. No excuse for his poor play and overthrown screen passes today.
Sure there is. When you go from the way MSU use to practice to what we practice now 2 things happened:

- Barbay had little success installing his offense. That's on him and those around him.
- We are taking less than half the time we use to spend on practicing routes.

Motodawg

Apr 19, 2018
They often had no idea who they were supposed to be blocking. On the first series of the game, a DT was doubled leaving another one completely free to Will. They appear to be terribly coached and it's very easy to see.

I've seen us manhandled by more talented lines, and that happened a few times, but this was clearly more of a coaching issue. A few of them are lost.
I think some of it is that they were facing the best d line in college football

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login