The time is now

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
How does giving less money help us get better?
you care about msu sports or you wouldn’t be on the board.
So you only care if you give money to the BI? I believe I'm supposed to be a good steward with the money I earn. If you want to give to BI that's fine. But op comes on here and others telling fans they don't care if they don't give or can't complain. Well I can. I do give to bulldog club, but bi is a different animal. I don't believe in the principle of nil. Yes that's the nature of the game but don't mean I agree with it. Do I think it's eventually going to fold just like anything else in a capitalist society. Things that aren't a good return on investment typically go out of business. Like I said earlier I might be incline to pay a player for something I get in return that I truly value a material commodity or think it's going to make me money. All it's doing for me is bragging rights if that person does well. But there needs to be more rules. We need to show we can win above our means or at least win at the means we should. Don't piss on me and tell me it's raining. I saw the message from Charlie and Charlie is a good dude and it nothing personal towards him. It's more to do with our football program and decisions made about that program and how it's ran. It's also about nil overall. I care about our program and want us to win but it's still just a hobby for me. I'm tied to the school through being an alumni. But I can't say that a single football game outcome has really changed my life. I made some fun trips to games with friends and family and saw some good moments and memories. But it hasn't made me money or anything. If I could be assured giving x amount to bulldog initiative means a good bowl game with good seats and food and drink then I might be inclined.

Reactions: Dawgg
Aug 22, 2012
I think the NIL system that has been set up in college football is terrible. It takes away from the sprit of the game and rules need to be set to make it an even playing field across the board- Ya know... like the NCAA.

Having said that, this is simply the price to play now. We have to at least try to compete or Mississippi State Football is going to become Southern Miss. A super conference is coming and i think it's 50/50 we are in it as of right now. If we get left in the lower division all sports at MSU are as good as done.

Basketball
Baseball
Women's Basketball
The university attendance as a whole
The city of Starkville

I don't think I am being over dramatic either. It can all go away if we don't start putting a competitive product on the football field.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
So you only care if you give money to the BI? I believe I'm supposed to be a good steward with the money I earn. If you want to give to BI that's fine. But op comes on here and others telling fans they don't care if they don't give or can't complain. Well I can. I do give to bulldog club, but bi is a different animal. I don't believe in the principle of nil. Yes that's the nature of the game but don't mean I agree with it. Do I think it's eventually going to fold just like anything else in a capitalist society. Things that aren't a good return on investment typically go out of business. Like I said earlier I might be incline to pay a player for something I get in return that I truly value a material commodity or think it's going to make me money. All it's doing for me is bragging rights if that person does well. But there needs to be more rules. We need to show we can win above our means or at least win at the means we should. Don't piss on me and tell me it's raining. I saw the message from Charlie and Charlie is a good dude and it nothing personal towards him. It's more to do with our football program and decisions made about that program and how it's ran. It's also about nil overall. I care about our program and want us to win but it's still just a hobby for me. I'm tied to the school through being an alumni. But I can't say that a single football game outcome has really changed my life. I made some fun trips to games with friends and family and saw some good moments and memories. But it hasn't made me money or anything. If I could be assured giving x amount to bulldog initiative means a good bowl game with good seats and food and drink then I might be inclined.
I’m not telling anyone what to do with the your money.
i am saying that the game has changed and unless we want to play in condense games with MUW in 2036, we better learn to play.
We pay for seat licensing. We have mandatory donations.
The horse it out of the barn and too many are bitching about how ****** the hay is.
BI will fold but not for why you think. It will fold because it’s all changing again. The university will have to pay players soon.
and the university will ask for money to do that.
like it or not. It’s changed.

sandwolf.sixpack

Feb 19, 2013
It’s not any more unreasonable of a position than actively lobbying for people to donate to NIL (like the way this entire thread started). Tell me how I’m wrong. Either way, you’re trying to spend (or not spend) other people’s money, when those other people have very different lives, priorities, finances, and viewpoint of how MSU athletics and the university in general fits into all of the above categories.

You start an entire thread trying to get people to donate (or not donate) because that’s what YOU care about and you want other people to care as much as you do, then you should fully expect other people with the opposite opinion to chime in with their perspective. That’s how message boards work.
Stop being so dramatic. He's not trying to spend anybody's money. His tactics may not be great, but he is clearly trying to encourage people to donate to NIL for the benefit of our athletic programs. And here on a MSU sports message board -- where everyone should want MSU sports to be successful -- that is far more reasonable than lobbying against it.

sandwolf.sixpack

Feb 19, 2013
A

Actually it is because they do not want to be told how to spend their money, or have their money wasted by mismanagement. But hey is it much easier not to address the real reasons and just insult them, I get that.
See this is what I am talking about. I would never question anyone's fandom based on whether or not they donate to NIL, but throwing around accusations that our collective is mismanaging and wasting money on a public forum makes you a sorry sack of **** excuse for a fan. Even if you had actual, real knowledge that this was going on -- which I would bet my life you don't -- you wouldn't plaster that all over the internet if you gave half a **** about the success of our athletics department.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
After reading this thread, I am willing to quit my job for an equivalent salary with Mississippi State Athletics and try to fix everything. And I’ll do it because I’m elite. DMs are open.

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
I’m going to get some flack for posting this and that’s fine with me. The reason it’s fine with me is a large majority of those who have negative comments don’t really want to win here at Mississippi State. They want others to give not them... They would rather a personal pride thing stand in the way or I’m gonna dig my heels in and not support the football program cause it ain’t right to pay players. If that’s what your prerogative is thats fine but understand by doing that you are being part of the problem and not the solution. I hope you change your opinion.

People it’s time … It’s time to change, it’s time to invest… it’s time for us as a fan base to support and give this Jeff Lebby era every chance in the world to be successful. Yes, times are hard right now and there is a lot of negativity around the football program, but the one thing we can do as a fan base is to give. I know some won’t and that’s just what they are going to do, but there isn’t a single fan out here on this board, 247, True Maroon, and Elitedawgs that can’t give $10.00 or more a month. You might think they won’t help but you would be wrong cause the large gift to the small is still part of the aggregate. We can all find a way to give. Step up to the plate and actually want and believe we can win!!!

In closing there are two ways out of this mess and that’s , one recruiting and the other give.
People it’s time to stand for what we talk about at state and that’s State is family. It’s time. It’s time to pull the same way it’s time to row in the same direction.. it’s time we change the trajectory of our program.

I challenge each and every poster. Each and every FB group Twitter users and Monday morning QB to give to the Bulldog Initiative.
A little or a lot let’s change the direction of our program!

HAILSTATE!
By objective measures, paying money to 18 year old athletes is less responsible than gambling. It’s a less-regulated ponzi scheme. Be smart and gamble!

We complain about a crumbling middle class and then consider spending money on THIS?

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
By objective measures, paying money to 18 year old athletes is less responsible than gambling. It’s a less-regulated ponzi scheme. Be smart and gamble!

We complain about a crumbling middle class and then consider spending money on THIS?
Be careful now the wolf might come and get ya about having an opinion.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle