The uniforms look like crap

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
The helmet and jersey maroon doesn’t match. Couple that with the gray pants and it looks like a thrown together high school uniform. The State script is whatever, it looks ok I guess but inconsistent with the branding everywhere else.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Look fine to me. We’ve had problems matching color of jerseys & helmets for as long as I can remember. But this isn’t bad. I think a lot of it is lighting & differences in materials. I see this sometimes with other teams too. Not a big deal.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
The helmet and jersey maroon doesn’t match. Couple that with the gray pants and it looks like a thrown together high school uniform. The State script is whatever, it looks ok I guess but inconsistent with the branding everywhere else.
The athletic "ship" is without navigation and rudderless right now. This issue will eventually be fixed when the new AD puts his/her "fingerprints" on the updated athletic strategic plan.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
You know what I liked?

Those matte maroon helmets with the white facemasks. Those were solid.

Seriously though. We’re a group of middle-aged men. Do any of us really give a schitt about this?
We’re a group of middle-aged men, many of whom apparently think it’s cute to say “Schitt” to get around the swearing filter. I’d love for this practice to die off immediately.

(not trying to single out dawgg, it’s in every dang thread)

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Script State helmet is sharp. If it’s up to me I’d go interlocking MSU, but no problem with today at all.
State script is a nice nod to the fans but there’s only like three fan bases that refer to us as that including our own. Most of the discussion about helmets and logos have reiterated the need to
Todays uniforms are the best combo we have.
Yeah, nothing like two tone maroon to make those unis really pop! Gray pants are for Ole Piss.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
“Ole Piss”

I now know how interpret your posts.

I thought the uniforms today looked sharp. Yeah, you can nit pick and say the helmets and the jerseys weren’t an exact match, but that color combo is the best that we have.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
“Ole Piss”

I now know how interpret your posts.

I thought the uniforms today looked sharp. Yeah, you can nit pick and say the helmets and the jerseys weren’t an exact match, but that color combo is the best that we have.
I’m partial to maroon and white. One maroon, no gray. The helmet decal doesn’t really matter to me but I do like consistency.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Noticed the helmet and unis had about 3-4 different colors of maroon too. Have never been able to make it work. Wished we'd just give up on the gray. Everybody in the SEC is now adding gray to their unis. We should always just have Maroon and White and nothing else.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I think maroon and gray go well together. I’ve always loved our away gray baseball uniforms with the cursive maroon Mississippi state. The two colors compliment each other.
Noticed the helmet and unis had about 3-4 different colors of maroon too. Have never been able to make it work. Wished we'd just give up on the gray. Everybody in the SEC is now adding gray to their unis. We should always just have Maroon and White and nothing else.
Honestly all gray unis with maroon and white accents would look better than that hodgepodge mess they fielded Saturday. I couldn’t help but be reminded of my 1A high school unis with two different colors of blue. Coincidentally, Bracky Brett was our coach.

• Haha
Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Out stripes on the jersey look like crap. The light gray doesn’t match the gray pants. Get rid of that shot and go back to just maroon & white and fix the damn stripes on the jersey and pants.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
meryl streep GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Lots of critical concern about the colors/style of our football uniform.

Interesting.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
We’re a group of middle-aged men, many of whom apparently think it’s cute to say “Schitt” to get around the swearing filter. I’d love for this practice to die off immediately.

(not trying to single out dawgg, it’s in every dang thread)
What would you suggest? Just ****?

How would you know the difference between **** and **** or sarcasterisks?

I look at it the same way we’ve used “17” for all these years.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Boombox Shut Up GIF

Reactions: dog12

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
These are the same maroon helmets and jerseys we’ve worn all year. You realize they just put different stickers on the existing helmets right?

Reactions: HailStateTate
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login