The University posted a pic of the newly renovated Hump today…

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
“Updated wayfinding maps”?

So many questions. For one, is there even any other kind of map that’s not “wayfinding”?

For two, maps for what? The concourse? It’s just a big 17ing circle.
Well, if the concourses are still under construction, I doubt you can walk all the way around them yet. A map would probably be helpful to know which entrance to use.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Hot take, but I don't care to have a new arena. The Hump has tradition, plus again, the Mize deal is attached. Does it really matter what your arena looks like? Does that really sell recruits in the most money-grubbing sport their is? Seems like people showing up to the games would sell recruits better than the age of the arena. Rupp Arena is old isn't it, and got renovated? And now we have a club area. Is this any different now than Ole Miss and Auburn? I can't tell if those have individual suites or not.

And to the morons who will fixate on the Rupp part - no, I'm not comparing Rupp and the Hump. I'm simply saying that age isn't that big of a deal for an arena. Seems like function and just baseline 'modern-ness' is all we need. In other words, it can't be the Mississippi Coliseum.

So if this was 50M and a new one is 200M, I think we did alright.

Reactions: Dawg84

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Hot take, but I don't care to have a new arena. The Hump has tradition, plus again, the Mize deal is attached. Does it really matter what your arena looks like? Does that really sell recruits in the most money-grubbing sport their is? Seems like people showing up to the games would sell recruits better than the age of the arena. Rupp Arena is old isn't it? And now we have a club area. Is this any different now than Ole Miss and Auburn? I can't tell if those have individual suites or not.
JWB

Just. Win. Baby. The Hump will rock, and the recruits will come. We turned a corner last year, I think. The crowd got loud - like 'old days' loud - several times, and it reminded me what a fun atmosphere it can be when there is good product on the floor.

Cameron Indoor is still a ********. It doesn't have a concourse or club level. They seem to recruit just fine. I know we aren't Dook, but there are many other examples, of course.

Reactions: Dawg84

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I'll probably be visited by men in dark suits and sunglasses then be whisked away never to be seen again for posting this but the $50million price tag vs the results you are seeing can only lead to one conclusion. We spent about $5million on a renovation and the rest disappeared into an Ultra level black project slush fund for NIL and recruiting purposes.
I’d be willing to bet that a buddy or two got overpaid for their “work” on the renovation.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login