The W tries again....

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Jesus H Christ.

That may be better than Brightwell, but it ain’t by much. Sounds like gas station wine.

1707924001037.png

This app is still terrible. No improvements have been made since the last thread on The W's name change. Just keeping y'all informed.

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
University admins and profs are some of the most impractical people. Can't even come up with a decent name.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
University admins and profs are some of the most impractical people. Can't even come up with a decent name.
There isn’t a name under the sun that you could get thousands of women to agree on. It’s literally impossible.

Reactions: Podgy

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
GTU. Golden Triangle University.

^ thats not good, but it took 5 seconds to come up with something better than their 'Olde English W and Bridge' idea.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
My wife and her friends from the 1970’s “W” understand that it is in he best interest of the University to change the name, they just don’t like any of the stupid, embarrassing names that are being forced on them. They won’t be writing any checks and the President of the University is in their cross hairs. My wife has reached the point of “whatever “ but I think a couple of her old friends are contemplating felonies.
It's interesting. The names all suck, but I can't envision putting a lot of emotional investment into pushing back. It's not like the tried to make them the Bears or something...

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
My wife was there at the same time and feels exactly the same way.
Mine was there in that time period as well. The suggested names make no sense to her.

You can't just make it the MSU School of Nursing because they have other majors. I suppose those could be moved to State.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
There isn’t a name under the sun that you could get thousands of women to agree on. It’s literally impossible.
Lulu Lemon University. Call it Lulu U. Women piss down their leg for that ****.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Mine was there in that time period as well. The suggested names make no sense to her.

You can't just make it the MSU School of Nursing because they have other majors. I suppose those could be moved to State.
Someone in another thread had the best suggestion.

Since EMCC is basically moving to the GTR, just make it the new main Campus of EMCC. I'm sure someone in scoba will object but it makes sense.

Anyways, State gets the nursing school. EMCC can have the other schools.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
The ridiculous names are being put out to keep the old name. No sarcasterics.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I like Waverly University but at this point I think we should call it Faber College because it fit the administration.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login