The women are keeping it close so far with #9 LSU

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
That was the great thing about Morgan William. She was damn near automatic at the FT line late in games and the ball was for sure going to be in her hands.
Yeah, I got spoiled by the free throw shooting and defense the girls had when Vic was running the program, but I think we might be getting back closer to that level again. Our defense looked really good tonight.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Yeah, I got spoiled by the free throw shooting and defense the girls had when Vic was running the program, but I think we might be getting back closer to that level again. Our defense looked really good tonight.

This team has tremendous potential. Purcell brought in some serious help from the portal and they seem to finally be playing as a unit. Any of the top 7 players is capable of a big night as evidenced by Rogers tonight. She was absolutely vital.

It's a shame they lost Parker. Depth in the post is an issue.

Reactions: patdog and Dawgg

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
They lost and they're losing money: "Women’s basketball—which won its first National Women’s Championship in 2023—posted a nearly $7.8 million deficit for 2023. The program collected just under $2.5 million in revenues for the year but the team’s expenses were closer to $10.3 million. The program’s costliest line item is for coaches salaries, with the school paying $4.4 million in coaches salaries and bonuses last year―nearly double what the program collected in revenue," https://thespun.com/college-hoops/report-lsu-womens-basketball-lost-a-ton-of-money

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
They lost and they're losing money: "Women’s basketball—which won its first National Women’s Championship in 2023—posted a nearly $7.8 million deficit for 2023. The program collected just under $2.5 million in revenues for the year but the team’s expenses were closer to $10.3 million. The program’s costliest line item is for coaches salaries, with the school paying $4.4 million in coaches salaries and bonuses last year―nearly double what the program collected in revenue," https://thespun.com/college-hoops/report-lsu-womens-basketball-lost-a-ton-of-money
Ls-who is spending money on every sport like drunken sailors now that it's legal. Good to hear it's at least getting noticed by someone counting.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
So, you’re saying we didn’t have a sell out against Auburn? You know…the men’s second Top 10 win this season….
Nationwide Television Viewers. Both games were sellouts but there looked to be more butts in seats at women’s game. Lots of empty lower bowl seats at men’s game.

Last edited:
Reactions: BulldogBlitz

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Ls-who is spending money on every sport like drunken sailors now that it's legal. Good to hear it's at least getting noticed by someone counting.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Spending money is how you win now. Rich southern men with disposable income love spending money on college sports. Who cares about deficits? "The report released this week by Louisiana’s Legislative Auditor’s office says the athletic department collected nearly $200.4 million for the 2023 fiscal year, while expenses totalled closer to $204.4 million—a roughly $3.9 million deficit." https://www.businessreport.com/business/lsu-athletics-operated-with-a-deficit-last-year

Those natty's cost money. Hell they've won them in 3 of the 4 major sports very recently and they were damn sure giving it the ole college try in MBB. They just picked a guy who didn't cheat quietly enough.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Since athletic success in the 4 major college sports helps drive interest in attending the university, investing in that success can be seen as a legitimately good decision, even if a report shows a financial loss for the athletics department.

^ this is not a new concept and has been shown to be true many times this century(Oregon, Bama, Butler, Gonzaga, VCU, AppState, Boise State, FGCU, and many more). Hell, its so common that there is a name for it- Flutie Effect.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It was funny (not) when they reviewed jessika carters basket and nullified it 5 minutes after, but couldn't also see the clear foul on Reece in the same shot.
I guess that was funny?...or not funny?
...it really shouldnt even be a second thought either way though since the rules for review dont work like that. You are upset about something that doesnt even exist. Do you want that to exist though? Do you want refs to go to the monitor and review plays from 5 min before and call fouls on MSU players well after the fact? That sounds like a terrible idea, not to mention- how would it ever even work to correct/rectify?

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Purcell's reaction to Rogers' dagger 3 to make it 73-67 with around a minute to go...

Reactions: Podgy
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login