The Wright Faithful

Sep 16, 2023
after watching the game yesterday, I will admit, Mike wright is not the player we all assumed. His awareness in the passing game was almost nonexistent and coupled with the fact Woody Marks was out yesterday, it essentially made Wright the premier offensive threat and exposed a lot of his game. Game plan did not look great either and I think it really exposed Wrights deficiencies.

With Roger’s in, do we win yesterday? Not sure, I think our defense and offensive line are so incredibly bad that we still lose. But given the serving size we got yesterday, is Wright a good fit? Also no.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
The head scratcher about Defense is against UPig we brought pressure from the outside. This week we reverted back to our previous scheme and tried to bring pressure up the middle and Auburn’s true freshman center picked it up. Finally after Halftime we went to bringing pressure from the outside.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
after watching the game yesterday, I will admit, Mike wright is not the player we all assumed. His awareness in the passing game was almost nonexistent and coupled with the fact Woody Marks was out yesterday, it essentially made Wright the premier offensive threat and exposed a lot of his game. Game plan did not look great either and I think it really exposed Wrights deficiencies.

With Roger’s in, do we win yesterday? Not sure, I think our defense and offensive line are so incredibly bad that we still lose. But given the serving size we got yesterday, is Wright a good fit? Also no.
To be fair, when coaching is broken few players look good. Wills experience gives us the best chance. I honestly think if he were left to call plays and execute we would be no worse, maybe better.

Reactions: patdog

Jacknut

Sep 29, 2022
Definitely wasn't Wright's best game. He threw some great passes and some head scratchers just like Will would have done. He did extend a couple of drives with his legs which Will can't do. Defense took Saturday off was the bigger problem yesterday - not that our offensive output would have won that game either. Just bad all around.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

This is why ya'll are so mad today. For some weird reason, you thought Wright was good. Opinion of the team is no different, but your hero has been exposed.

Our offense still sucks, no matter the QB.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Wright is exactly the player I expected us to get from Vandy. He is the player I expected after the coach didn’t trust him to pass for the first five games. He can’t help that though and it doesn’t matter which QB they put in. This coaching staff looks as lost as our linemen trying to figure out who to block. Arnette’s face has the same defeated look on it regardless of what’s happening on the field. We’re staring down the barrel of a three year skid and rebuild. Selmon has a potential future AD spot at Oklahoma riding on this though so maybe he’ll get this program sorted out.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Wright is exactly the player I expected us to get from Vandy. He is the player I expected after the coach didn’t trust him to pass for the first five games. He can’t help that though and it doesn’t matter which QB they put in. This coaching staff looks as lost as our linemen trying to figure out who to block. Arnette’s face has the same defeated look on it regardless of what’s happening on the field. We’re staring down the barrel of a three year skid and rebuild. Selmon has a potential future AD spot at Oklahoma riding on this though so maybe he’ll get this program sorted out.
I wonder if he will go up there and promptly change the OU logo.

Reactions: patdog

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Arnett knows he is failing and doesn’t know how to fix it. He hears the rumblings. He looks defeated because he is defeated. What happens over the next 2-3 months will define Selmon’s career at state, and possibly his career moving forward. If he doesn’t fire Arnett and make a good hire, it won’t matter what else he does. I have to believe he knows that.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

With this offense we should have gotten a better transfer qb for what Barbay and arnett want to run. But the receiver blocking and route running is pitiful.

our defense is also pitiful

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
This is why ya'll are so mad today. For some weird reason, you thought Wright was good. Opinion of the team is no different, but your hero has been exposed.

Our offense still sucks, no matter the QB.
I think will will not getting it done either except against usc east people wanted to see other options. Truth is neither qb gives a good shot to win. Both have limitations.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Will and Wright are two different kinds of QBs. Neither can accomplish what is expected unless the plays called are designed to use the strengths of both players. I haven't seen that in any game so far, and it is not just the 2 plays called in the shotgun formation on 4th down and less than a yard to go.

When your center/QB cannot take a snap under center. It really shows the quality of coaching you have.

It doesn't say much about your players either.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
Arnett knows he is failing and doesn’t know how to fix it. He hears the rumblings. He looks defeated because he is defeated. What happens over the next 2-3 months will define Selmon’s career at state, and possibly his career moving forward. If he doesn’t fire Arnett and make a good hire, it won’t matter what else he does. I have to believe he knows that.
but who is going to decide if he made a good hire? 50% of the people on this board are going to hate it, 25% are going to love it and the other 25% are going to wish failure on him because it wasn't their idea.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login