There’s a little more to the story with the Mike Bobo rumor.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Oh. The name spawned at least a couple threads on rsfc.

And Maria did great work. I know of at least one post that made it I think to the old dawgnews listserv…

Could have been a sec sports listserv too now that I think of it.
COUPLE HELL. MARIA REACHED LIMITS IN ONE SEASON THAT MANY COULDNT GET iN A LIFETIME

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
stan marsh table GIF by South Park
RSFCKERS V SPSSERS

(ya know professionals v amateurs)

Reactions: Drebin

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Latest rumor from Steve is that a candidate is tied to the nc game. Not sure who that could be if it's not bobo. Definitely not Riley. Not sure what he would see in that. Also don't see Monken calling a title game and coming to msu not being the head coach.

I don't think it's anyone near that game just me thinking. I don't see anybody good coaching in that game we could get and the ones we could we don't want. The others don't have good qb coaching experience.

I think that's a smoke screen. I think after Briles we had to seriously regroup and it's taking some serious time. It would help if arnett would tell the fan base what type of offense he plans to run but as far as I know there hasn't been some big intro press conference for arnett where that is told or asked given all the circumstances. Usually with head coaches the plan is told from the beginning. People just assumed we would continue air raid since we hired from within. From the staff we let go and the staff we hired, it does not appear to be so. It looks to be a multiple blend offense but won't know until we have an OC.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Latest rumor from Steve is that a candidate is tied to the nc game. Not sure who that could be if it's not bobo. Definitely not Riley. Not sure what he would see in that. Also don't see Monken calling a title game and coming to msu not being the head coach.

I don't think it's anyone near that game just me thinking. I don't see anybody good coaching in that game we could get and the ones we could we don't want. The others don't have good qb coaching experience.

I think that's a smoke screen. I think after Briles we had to seriously regroup and it's taking some serious time. It would help if arnett would tell the fan base what type of offense he plans to run but as far as I know there hasn't been some big intro press conference for arnett where that is told or asked given all the circumstances. Usually with head coaches the plan is told from the beginning. People just assumed we would continue air raid since we hired from within. From the staff we let go and the staff we hired, it does not appear to be so. It looks to be a multiple blend offense but won't know until we have an OC.
Why in the world would he hold a press conference to state what offense he is going to run without having an OC? How would that help?

Last edited:

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
The whole Mike Bobo story was simply a fabrication leaked by Arnett in an attempt to find out who was giving out too much info to Steve. He was pissed that some of the Briles info got out way too fast (and too soon) so this whole Mike Bobo rumor was done to find the rat.

Take it or leave it but that’s come from a couple different sources.
I think we are dealing with a brand new head coach who is struggling to figure some things out. He mistakenly went down the Bobo path, got hammered by virtually unanimous objection to Bobo, and doesn’t want to admit the original interest. Regardless, I’m thankful wisdom prevailed.

Reactions: DogStuckAtUM

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
The whole Mike Bobo story was simply a fabrication leaked by Arnett in an attempt to find out who was giving out too much info to Steve. He was pissed that some of the Briles info got out way too fast (and too soon) so this whole Mike Bobo rumor was done to find the rat.

In order to find the leak you’d have to give out multiple names to multiple people and see which one got floated. Can’t wait to see the other names. Charlie Weis, Chad Morris, and Hal Mumme

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008

It would be great for State if Steve transferred to Auburn.

MSUDAWG164

Jan 6, 2023

If this is true, my guess is AJ Ricker, who would be solid I think.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think we are dealing with a brand new head coach who is struggling to figure some things out. He mistakenly went down the Bobo path, got hammered by virtually unanimous objection to Bobo, and doesn’t want to admit the original interest. Regardless, I’m thankful wisdom prevailed.
Do you really think any coach operates this way? “Let’s leak the name of the guy I want to hire & see what the Internet message board reaction to it is. If I get the SPS seal of approval, I’ll go ahead with the hire.” Maybe it’s Bobo, maybe it’s someone else. But our reaction to it won’t mean a damn thing.

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010

My thoughts exactly. A lot of folks love to dream up the black helicopter scenarios.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Why in the world would he hold a press conference to state what offense he is going to run without having an OC? How would that help?
It would state intention on how he plans to run the team. Typically with new hires of a head coach you get a press conference and they talk about their intentions and media can ask what their vision is for the offense. I don't remember that happening considering he was named head coach within a week of leach passing. Nobody has a clue right now it seems what his vision is for our team and our offense

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
It would state intention on how he plans to run the team. Typically with new hires of a head coach you get a press conference and they talk about their intentions and media can ask what their vision is for the offense. I don't remember that happening considering he was named head coach within a week of leach passing. Nobody has a clue right now it seems what his vision is for our team and our offense
So the last 3 head coaches announced in a press conference what style defense they planned to run? Everybody knew the style of offense to expect with each because they were all offensive coaches.

Reactions: AFDawg

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
He and the team are all that need to know intention tight now. I suspect the press conference will happen after the staff is in place. Others may do them when announced but this is entirely different.
Everyone needs to give it a rest until Tue-Wed and let things settle out from this weekends games ending. And our guy may still be playing after this weekend.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
And it would put his search for an OC in a bad position. When he hires an OC the offense will be discussed. No discussion about unfilled positions is the best discussion. Anything else potentially creates all kinds of problems.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
Is Steve ever going to go ahead and donate his hair to Locks of Love?
I can’t imagine Locks of Love wanting that hair. Damn, it looks nasty. I mean, can you even wash that shat? I’ll bet it smells, too. I just wonder what a new coach thinks the first time he sees Steve? The tats, the dreadlocks and that silly hat that he never takes off. I’ve known Steve a long time. I remember when he had zero tattoos and a regular haircut. He just looked like a regular guy. This is just such a radical departure from what he looked like just 5-6 years ago. It’s his business for sure, but I wonder how good (or bad) it is for his business.

Reactions: RocketDawg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
In order to find the leak you’d have to give out multiple names to multiple people and see which one got floated. Can’t wait to see the other names. Charlie Weis, Chad Morris, and Hal Mumme
As I understand, it wasn't about identifying the leaker, it was about verifying the leaker.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Lord I hope that's not the case. But who knows.....

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login