There’s a **** ton of Meridianites suuuuuper upset right now.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Yep. Meridian for sure.

Also the remainder of Lauderdale County… Clarke County… Wayne County… and even Jasper County.

Reactions: Dawg84

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Im from Meridian and I'm all bulldog. All the Bama fans in Meridian never went to college and just picked the more successful team. Your basic sidewalk fan.
Same. Very few who pull for bama that live here have never stepped foot on bama's campus. I've only been to their campus twice.....once to go to my niece's graduation(she's from Hoover) and the other to watch a Croom coached team beat bama. What a glorious day it was.

Reactions: Anon1669338224

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Don't fool yourselves. There are thousands of Bama fans that had their flags flying all over Rankin County crying in their beer tonight.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I don’t give a **** about the inbreads from Alabama. Mississippians who call themselves Bama fans piss me off.
Eh, I’m not affected as much by it.

East Mississippi has long been a recruiting ground for the Tide so it’s a natural fanbase.

I went to high school with people who were recruited by Alabama (one was lightly recruited because he didn’t like his projected position so he didn’t play college football and the other played for State).

Another guy from my hometown played for Coach Bryant. So a lot of interest in Alabama can also be blamed on rooting for the family friend.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
And Columbus. You hate to see it.
I am from Columbus and there are a lot of them. I know two that are originally from Alabama and actually went to school there. They are good folks. The balance that I have met are just rednecks that have never set foot on Alabama’s campus and may or may not have actually finished high school. I was joking with my wife that Doug and Hazels restaurant will probably be closed tomorrow. All of their lunch customers will either be too depressed to eat or still trying to make bail. Any of you guys from around here will understand.

Reactions: bkmaroon and patdog

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Meh - who cares.
There’s a very prominent Dawg that lived in GTR area who’s daughter went to Bama.
**** happens.
No big deal really.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
Same dynamic here in southwest Mississippi. There’s wall to wall LSU fans here. The local WalMarts, Hibbets and any place that sells shirts etc has 90% of their retail space devoted to LSU merchandise. There are a few OM inbreds here as well, but they are outnumbered 500-1 by LSU fans. The OM die hard here didn’t attend OM, either. This is the same situation as the eastern Mississippi infatuation with Alabama. We are talking about 90-95% of a group of people who if they finished high school never entered a classroom at any institution of higher learning. They are just like Alabama fans. They buy the t-shirts and customized license plates and become “Tigahs” instantly. Oh, and when they play Miss State (or OM) they will dog-cuss anyone wearing a State (or OM) shirt, cap or anything else that identifies a man or woman as a State (or OM) fan anywhere they see them. All the while you remember in the back of your mind that these aren’t Louisiana folks-they’re Mississippi folks and they are pulling for a Louisiana school. Oh, and they refer to LSU as “we” and “us” and “our” as if they are actually a part of something. It makes me sick. There’s an old saying that goes, “everyone loves a winner. In this case, it’s more like “everyone wants to feel like they are a winner” lol.

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
And Columbus. You hate to see it.
Sometimes, I wonder what it would be like if all those Bama fans supported State. Then, I go to Columbus and start thanking the Lord they aren’t on our side. These sidewalk alumni contribute nothing to their school of choice. No degree, no financial support, and most have probably never even been to a game.

BlameAHero

Dec 13, 2022
One of my buddies from high school matriculated thru Southern and then MC.

I lost track of him for several years, and, all of a sudden, he was a huge Bama fan. Never, ever said so when I knew him.

Bama cornered the market on sunshine/bandwagon fans.

How many of them were around during the DuBose/Shula years?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login