There it is folks.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Basically an all BIG/SEC playoff. ACC is who is going to riot. FSU and those teams are going to want out more now.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I no nothing of how the decision was reached but I can assure you that giant sigh of relief you just heard was from the networks and advertisers depending on these games to draw big ratings.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
FSU looked pedestrian last night. They certainly didn’t deserve a spot in the top 4.

UGA >> UT

UGA just lost at the wrong time.
They beat a top 15 team (10-2) by double digits with their 3rd string QB and a suffocating defense. I agree on UGA. There's not 3 better teams than them in the country.

Reactions: Fishsqeezer

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
True….but no more unfair than it was to UCF in 2017.

Fortunately, this is the last year anyone has to worry about it.
No more or less unfair in 2017.
I'm not surprised by the committee's decision, but I am disappointed.

Next year, some team that ends up 13 or 14 will have legit complaints about who got picked as 11 or 12. The more things change....

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I hate it for Florida State's players, but the truth is they had almost no chance of winning it all, and Bama has a good chance.

It's the right thing.

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
I am not happy about it either. But no one needs a crystal ball, or in my case, mystical powers to see it. Saban made a great deal with me. I hated screwing FSU, but a deal is a deal.
Are you miffed that Harbaugh gave all the credit to your dad? I mean, clearly you've had a hand in his success, too.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I hate it for Florida State's players, but the truth is they had almost no chance of winning it all, and Bama has a good chance.

It's the right thing.
I agree with out their QB they are not a top 4 team. The second-best team in their conference got beat by KY. I still believe GA would whip, Michigan, Washington and Texas. I don't think the committed got it right.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It's screwed up because if Georgia had won last night then Florida State would be in and Texas would be out.
Its probably true, but don’t know why that’s screwed up. Bama’s win was as cataclysmic as any win could be in the CFP picture. It was a huge resume boost for both Bama and Texas.

Reactions: woozman

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
You have no idea if that is true.

I can place odds on it and they would be very low. 1 in 10 to win it all if they had made the playoffs at best.

So yes, I can clearly say they had almost no chance to win it all.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
They still didn’t get the best 4 teams (Georgia belongs in there) but it’s arguable. There was no way they were going to leave Washington out. And it’s arguable that FSU is more deserving than Bama and/or Texas, but there’s just no argument that they’re better.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022

It's the right thing.
Except FSU had zero chance, because they won all their games and still didn't get a chance, and Bama had a chance but they lost a game.

Reactions: patdog

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
They still didn’t get the best 4 teams (Georgia belongs in there) but it’s arguable. There was no way they were going to leave Washington out. And it’s arguable that FSU is more deserving than Bama and/or Texas, but there’s just no argument that they’re better.
But there is an argument, the easiest and oldest: they won all their games. The computers, polls, and eye test may say they are not the best, but on the field they have been all season long. Bama can't say that.

Reactions: patdog

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
But there is an argument, the easiest and oldest: they won all their games. The computers, polls, and eye test may say they are not the best, but on the field they have been all season long. Bama can't say that.
Except FSU had zero chance, because they won all their games and still didn't get a chance, and Bama had a chance but they lost a game.
Liberty won all their games too?

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
FSU had the 55th toughest schedule and Bama had the 5th. FSU’s best win was LSU and they’re probably 5th in the SEC behind GA, Bama, OM, and Mizzou. LSU was Bama’s 3rd toughest win. The 2nd best team in the ACC got run by a below average KY team.

The committee got it right…

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login