There it is folks.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
It’s easy to make an educated guess with the way their offense has looked since their QB went down.
Yeah, but their defense has played really well. I would have loved to see FSU get a chance, but they only had room for 4.

Saw Mullen make a good point this morning before the selection show. FSU's offense looked bad because they were working with a Freshman QB who had limited practice reps. Norvell decided to rely on the defense and call conservative plays on offense.

Given a couple extra weeks of practice, who knows what their offense would look like? Maybe Rodermaker or Glenn becomes the next Cardale Jones?

I'm not arguing in favor of FSU getting in. I do think they were equally deserving as Bama or Texas. I don't believe they should be punished for their QB getting hurt. It's okay to punish them for playing a weak schedule, though.

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
If it is really about putting the "best" teams in and FSU not being the same without Travis:
Why did the committee keep FSU at number 4 after the FSU-Florida game?
Why did the committee only drop FSU to number 5 when "surely" UGA would beat them now?
Why is FSU even in the top 6 still? I mean, wouldn't you say that Oregon and Ohio St would beat them now?

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
If it is really about putting the "best" teams in and FSU not being the same without Travis:
Why did the committee only drop FSU to number 5 when "surely" UGA would beat them now?
Why is FSU even in the top 6 still? I mean, wouldn't you say that Oregon and Ohio St would beat the
Yeah, but their defense has played really well. I would have loved to see FSU get a chance, but they only had room for 4.

Saw Mullen make a good point this morning before the selection show. FSU's offense looked bad because they were working with a Freshman QB who had limited practice reps. Norvell decided to rely on the defense and call conservative plays on offense.

Given a couple extra weeks of practice, who knows what their offense would look like? Maybe Rodermaker or Glenn becomes the next Cardale Jones?

I'm not arguing in favor of FSU getting in. I do think they were equally deserving as Bama or Texas. I don't believe they should be punished for their QB getting hurt. It's okay to punish them for playing a weak schedule, though.
Right now FSU = Iowa with a tan **

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
FSU had the 55th toughest schedule and Bama had the 5th. FSU’s best win was LSU and they’re probably 5th in the SEC behind GA, Bama, OM, and Mizzou. LSU was Bama’s 3rd toughest win. The 2nd best team in the ACC got run by a below average KY team.

The committee got it right…
Except that none of those numbers matter more than winning on the field. If they did, there would be no need to play the games. If FSU had a loss and Bama had two, then maybe you can turn to those things and point out that FSU had a loss. But when they win every game, they have to be in before a team with a loss.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Except that none of those numbers matter more than winning on the field. If they did, there would be no need to play the games. If FSU had a loss and Bama had two, then maybe you can turn to those things and point out that FSU had a loss. But when they win every game, they have to be in before a team with a loss.
Apparently those numbers did matter more because Florida State is scheduled to play Georgia in the Orange Bowl instead of Washington or Michigan. CFP has no guarantees. If they wanted to play, they should have beat the pants off Louisville and Florida. They didn’t. You’re wrong for the third time in this thread.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
So….Liberty should have been in if FSU lost to Louisville?

• Haha
Reactions: Coast_Dawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
It’s easy to make an educated guess with the way their offense has looked since their QB went down.
Defense wins championships. Did you even watched the ACC Championship game. If not, quit commenting.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Why is FSU even in the top 6 still? I mean, wouldn't you say that Oregon and Ohio St would beat them now?
Very good points. If they had FSU #4 after the FSU-Florida game how can they drop them now?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
That’s no comparison and you know it isn’t.
BS. There is plenty of comparison. The statement that “you can’t leave anyone out who did all they can do, and won all their games” is just the same. What that statement actually means from people who say it is “they did all they could, and I’m arbitrarily saying their schedule was good enough even though I know it wasn’t nearly as good as all these other teams with only 1 loss”.

Neither Liberty nor FSU played a schedule anywhere close to that of Bama, Texas, Georgia, Ohio State, Oregon, and so forth. That’s an objective statement. And if either did, they wouldn’t be undefeated. That simple. So that makes it not nearly as tangible of an accomplishment as people wish that it was.

patdog

May 28, 2007
BS. There is plenty of comparison. The statement that “you can’t leave anyone out who did all they can do, and won all their games” is just the same. What that statement actually means from people who say it is “they did all they could, and I’m arbitrarily saying their schedule was good enough even though I know it wasn’t nearly as good as all these other teams with only 1 loss”.

Neither Liberty nor FSU played a schedule anywhere close to that of Bama, Texas, Georgia, Ohio State, Oregon, and so forth. That’s an objective statement. And if either did, they wouldn’t be undefeated. That simple. So that makes it not nearly as tangible of an accomplishment as people wish that it was.
Don’t be ridiculous There’s no comparison and you know it.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Defense wins championships. Did you even watched the ACC Championship game. If not, quit commenting.
Yeah, I watched it. Didn’t tell me much, though, because Louisville is not a good team. FSU’s D is elite, but I have enough sense to know that 8-21 for 55 yards from the QB position isn’t winning Jack s h I t against any of the other playoff teams. I think we saw what an elite D and a BAD O looks like against a playoff team when Iowa played Michigan yesterday.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Yeah, I watched it. Didn’t tell me much, though, because Louisville is not a good team. FSU’s D is elite, but I have enough sense to know that 8-21 for 55 yards from the QB position isn’t winning Jack s h I t against any of the other playoff teams. I think we saw what an elite D and a BAD O looks like against a playoff team when Iowa played Michigan yesterday.
Yes and the 2nd string QB will be playing in the bowl game. Louisville was #18 and hardly a bad team. I understand that you like Alabama.

Reactions: patdog

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Yes and the 2nd string QB will be playing in the bowl game. Louisville was #18 and hardly a bad team. I understand that you like Alabama.
I like watching exciting playoff games -period - I have no love for Bama. And 12-24 for 134 yards (2nd string’s numbers against FL) wasn’t going to come close to completing with Michigan, Texas, or Washington either.

Your hatred of Bama is making your arguments emotional and irrational…

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I like watching exciting playoff games -period - I have no love for Bama. And 12-24 for 134 yards (2nd string’s numbers against FL) wasn’t going to come close to completing with Michigan, Texas, or Washington either.

Your hatred of Bama is making your arguments emotional and irrational…
If Bama was 13-0 and FSU had a loss and the roles were reversed I would feel the same way. No undefeated P5 should be screwed like this.

Who are you pulling for in the Bama Michigan game? I bet you are biased. I have never pulled for Michigan because I have Ohio State friends. For the first time I will in that game.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Don’t be ridiculous There’s no comparison and you know it.
Was FSU’s schedule anywhere close to Bama, Texas, or even Georgia? Yes or no?

Can you say with any degree of confidence that FSU goes undefeated with those schedules? Yes or no?

Is the answer to both of those questions the same for both FSU and Liberty? Yes or no?

Last edited:

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
If Bama was 13-0 and FSU had a loss and the roles were reversed I would feel the same way. No undefeated P5 should be screwed like this.

Who are you pulling for in the Bama Michigan game? I bet you are biased. I have never pulled for Michigan because I have Ohio State friends. For the first time I will in that game.
I’m pulling for a good game. Other than that I don’t care who wins. Michigan vs Bama should be a good game. FSU would have essentially been a bye week for Michigan.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Is Danny Kanell grinding his teeth here? You can see the bill of his cap flexing. I don't think he is happy with Herbstreit lol

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login