They gave our spot to Arizona (RPI 31).

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
There's an obvious anti SEC movement going on here. Only 4 services selected from the SEC and they are all national 1 seeds.

Reactions: ThreeDawgNight

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Didn’t Arizona a win their conference and conference tournament?
They did

One last honor for the Pac-12…

Pour One Out Malt Liquor GIF

patdog

May 28, 2007
Didn’t Arizona a win their conference and conference tournament?
If you’re going to give it to then for that, which I understand, don’t also give one to #18 Oregon State with their 4 Q1 wins. Including one over Portland State. How in the 17 is that a Q1 win?

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
On some level I get Arizona…

I think East Carolina was total BS. They lost 5 games in the last two weeks in a terrible conference.

Reactions: ThreeDawgNight

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I can't believe we stayed in the eastern time zone and didn't have to go out west. That's usually what they do to a Mississippi State team. When you start to have to play the numbers game, you usually lose.

We should've done enough to not even have to worry about whether we were going to host or not. I am happier than I was last the two seasons, but I am still not very happy.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
ECU and Arizona probably shouldn’t be hosting.

here’s the kicker. I think we get sent to Tucson.

Reactions: was21

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
On some level I get Arizona…

I think East Carolina was total BS. They lost 5 games in the last two weeks in a terrible conference.
I get both. there was a big mess for those last two spots. Indiana state should have hosted over ecu… but I can see when looking at all the rest of the resumes why Arizona with two championships under their belt was rewarded.

i personally think we were 3-4 spots away and were never really close

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
HONESTLY: + Austin Peay (twice), + Central Arkansas, + UGA (J. Long stupidity), + UMissy (poor fielding), + UF (2 giveaways), + Mt. St. Marys & Air Force (just because) . . . . . . . . . .
And throw in another W vs UPIG thanks to the pen f'ing up.

patdog

May 28, 2007
It's interesting that they ended up with a slightly worse winning percentage against a significantly easier schedule.

This was a regional decision. West Coast affirmative action.
Yes. And I think some SEC/ACC dominance backlash. I think they just decided 5 hosts from one conference was the max. Us, Wake and Duke being left out is questionable at best.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Yes. And I think some SEC/ACC dominance backlash. I think they just decided 5 hosts from one conference was the max. Us, Wake and Duke being left out is questionable at best.
First time a top 10 rpi team didn’t host…

duke a lot of like us. Didn’t win a series against the top 4 teams of the acc. But I thought the conference tournament clinched it for them. Surprised to see them left off.

Reactions: patdog

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
The only weakness to our résumé was our bad losses (Q-4 11-5).

State Q-3/4: 18-6
Arizona Q-3/4: 18-7

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I get both. there was a big mess for those last two spots. Indiana state should have hosted over ecu… but I can see when looking at all the rest of the resumes why Arizona with two championships under their belt was rewarded.

i personally think we were 3-4 spots away and were never really close
That’s close to what I’m thinking too.

I thought Duke winning the ACC tournament was the nail in the coffin.

Don’t be surprised to see Duke as the 2-seed in Greenville with ECU as the National 16.

My order for the final two spots:

Arizona
Duke
Indiana State
East Carolina
MSU

Reactions: HuntDawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
That’s close to what I’m thinking too.

I thought Duke winning the ACC tournament was the nail in the coffin.

Don’t be surprised to see Duke as the 2-seed in Greenville with ECU as the National 16.

My order for the final two spots:

Arizona
Duke
Indiana State
East Carolina
MSU
Totally agree. I thought Duke winning was the Nail and thought they host due to that.

seems like there really wasnt 2 spots open… 15 of the 16 spots were spoken for, and the last spot was up for grab and we were A few Teams down that list… and minus ecu everyone else out played us last week To move up, we didn’t

Reactions: Maroon Eagle
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login