They just blew the horn at Augusta. No more golf today.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Waiting on someone in the crowd to do like they did Sergio when he was so bad about it.

“HIT THE DAMN BALL.”
Grumpy Cat GIF

ETA - I didn't change the channel after the broadcast fast enough and some curly-haired freak evangelist is on my television. My Eyes!

Last edited:

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
If he'd turned pro before the tournament, he wouldn't be playing in the Masters this year.
I know he was given an invitation because he won the US Amateur. I’ve never seen any rules saying his invite is dependent on being an amateur at the time of the Masters.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I know he was given an invitation because he won the US Amateur. I’ve never seen any rules saying his invite is dependent on being an amateur at the time of the Masters.
There is a rule that says you can’t change your status prior to the tournament you have qualified as an amateur. There is pressure to change it.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Sun is out. It just passed 60 degrees and a mostly constant North wind. The greens will speed up for the later groups. Should be good golf.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
This is what happens when you talk trash about Augusta National. It rears its ugly head and humbles you.
I thought the same thing. As soon as I heard him say this course was easy for him, I knew he was done. I don’t think Bryson hasn’t made a cut since his famous statement about the course

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Kopeka is a douche so glad to see he is struggling. How about Phil with the strong finish. I bet he is glad he played with speith today. They both challenged each other.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
Kopeka is a douche so glad to see he is struggling. How about Phil with the strong finish. I bet he is glad he played with speith today. They both challenged each other.

I was just saying to a friend, koepka just seems like a boring fit pretty boy. Good golfer but just rubs me the wrong way. Of course I'm not fit, and not that pretty and suck at golf.. but still... not a fan of his.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
With Patrick Reed wearing his LIV team outfit. Reed is so disliked, no one cheered his long birdie putt at 12.
I didn’t realize that was his LIV jersey. Got love the attitude. Golf needs a heel. Sadly, LIV took all potential heels.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Excuse my lack of golf knowledge, but did they just allow the guy at the top of the leaderboard a mulligan On 18?

I did not know that was allowed.
good for Rahm though. Helluva tournament

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
That's all you needed to say. No, he did not get a mulligan. He played his original ball, and made par.
Are you watching the tournament? He took a provisional tee shot after not attempting to look for his original tee shot. He incurred no penalty stroke. Someone please explain this.

ETA: If you’re going to be an a$$hole, at least be accurate with your information.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Excuse my lack of golf knowledge, but did they just allow the guy at the top of the leaderboard a mulligan On 18?

I did not know that was allowed.
good for Rahm though. Helluva tournament
Yes, each player is allowed 1 mulligan per tournament now. Part of the new “make golf more acceptable to the masses” approach the USGA is taking. Rham had played so well all week he hadn’t needed it prior to the 72nd hole.

• Haha
Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
He hit a provisional. In other words if he couldn’t find his original ball he would already have a second ball to play. It saves time so he doesn’t have to walk all the way back to the tee to hit again.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Are you watching the tournament? He took a provisional tee shot after not attempting to look for his original tee shot. He incurred no penalty stroke. Someone please explain this.
He played a provisional. Perfectly normal and legal.

His tee shot went way left and was potentially lost. It had actually bounced back into the rough short of the fairway, but he didn't know this. The spotter was too far away to find the ball and let him know.

The penalty for a lost ball is stroke and distance, meaning if the ball was lost he would have to go back to the tee and would be hitting his third shot. For convenience, the rules allow you to hit a provisional; if you find your first shot and it is playable, you use your first shot. Otherwise, you play the provisional and hit your 4th shot.

Weekend warriors use provisionals all the time, because you don't want to walk back to the tee and hit again. It's really rare on Tour, because someone usually knows where your ball is and tells you.

Last edited:

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022

ETA: If you’re going to be an a$$hole, at least be accurate with your information.
Where was I either an a hole or inaccurate? As you can see above, actually explaining a provisional to someone who doesn't golf is hard. I was just trying to save time by assuring you nothing improper occurred. The second post was my provisional

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login