Things have definitely changed in the football building

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Feels a lot like Mullen Year 1…

This video gives me Moorhead vibes, but I think Lebby has more bona fides as an offensive guru than Joe. As long as we don't take the team to Geyser Falls in August, I think we're okay.

Also, I had no idea what Hyperice was, but it looks like a pretty cool recovery tool for high level athletes.

Reactions: josebrown

patdog

May 28, 2007
Isn’t that always the case at this stage of a new coach’s career? Didn't matter if it was Felker or Sherrill, Croom or Mullen, Moorhead or Leach, Arnett or Lebby. They were all great at this point. Hopefully, the trend of alternating good and bad hires will continue. But we won't know anything until this fall, at the earliest.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
2024 may not be fun with us rebuilding and OM being up. But I’m optimistic that we are moving in the right direction in the long haul.
I have no idea what Lebby will do, but I'm pretty confident in saying that Ole Miss will underachieve in regards to their expectations. I've only seen this play out 15 or so times in my lifetime. Keep on eye on things after they beat Florida in November.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Isn’t that always the case at this stage of a new coach’s career? Didn't matter if it was Felker or Sherrill, Croom or Mullen, Moorhead or Leach, Arnett or Lebby. They were all great at this point. Hopefully, the trend of alternating good and bad hires will continue. But we won't know anything until this fall, at the earliest.
It’s the same song and dance with each new coach. “The players are really into the new staff, things are so much better and organized, etc etc.”. Give it a year and let’s see what happens.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
It’s the same song and dance with each new coach. “The players are really into the new staff, things are so much better and organized, etc etc.”. Give it a year and let’s see what happens.
Agree, seems I recall a lot of excitement about the return to south farm and what that was going to foretell. That said, all we have is hope at this point and things seems to be pointing in the right direction. We shall see.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Mississippi will finish 8-4 and MSU 6-6. Don't let the hype up the road fool you. They are due for a crash and burn. Their chances of a legit run left with Quinshon.

Reactions: msudawg1200

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
It's easy to be excited and upbeat when you aren't getting your head beat in several weeks in a row. Let's see what the team is like after the first six games.

Reactions: patdog

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Mississippi will finish 8-4 and MSU 6-6. Don't let the hype up the road fool you. They are due for a crash and burn. Their chances of a legit run left with Quinshon.
Lies No GIF

Reactions: mcdawg22 and patdog

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah, last spring we were putting the ball in the hands of our playmakers and the team was really picking the new offense up quickly. I remember vividly because I didn't like the OC hire but then all the spring football stories started getting me hyped up. And we all saw that 17n sh*tsh@w

Reactions: msudawg1200

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021

I'd like to agree but RB's are a dime a dozen. Losing Judkins won't kill them. They improved in other areas. We can deny it all we want but anyone who looks at it objectively would agree they're going to be really good. We may go 6-6 though. I think this offense is going to score some points.

patdog

May 28, 2007
More like 10-2 (9-3 floor) and 5-7. Don't let your biases fool you. Mississippi is loaded and has a good coach.

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
4 ooc games plus Flarda and Arky.
I am afraid that Flarda will wait until after the Mississippi State game to QUIT. We really need Flarda to lose to both Miami & The Cult before our game because Sun Belt Billy will be a dead man walking if they are 1-2 at that point in the season.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I am afraid that Flarda will wait until after the Mississippi State game to QUIT. We really need Flarda to lose to both Miami & The Cult before our game because Sun Belt Billy will be a dead man walking if they are 1-2 at that point in the season.
Yeah. I don't see us beating Florida. They're not well coached, but they'll out-talent us badly.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
And Greg Knox isn't there to save them.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Yeah, last spring we were putting the ball in the hands of our playmakers and the team was really picking the new offense up quickly. I remember vividly because I didn't like the OC hire but then all the spring football stories started getting me hyped up. And we all saw that 17n sh*tsh@w

Ehh, I had high hopes for Arnett, but then I attended the spring game. It filled me with dread.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Every new coach comes in with new ideas, and new things that the kids tend to like. Why else would you hire him if you don't need things to change? I hope Lebby works out just like every other coach we have ever hired, but even the ole Devil can not see the future. Let's all hold judgement until we see the product on the field.

Reactions: msstatelp1

patdog

May 28, 2007
Houston Dale Nutt’s 2009 squad went into Williams Brice ranked #4 and lost to the Cocks 16-10
That team was just overrated. This team is coming off a #9 year-end ranking. Highest since 1969. And brings a lot back, plus the #1 ranked transfer portal class in the nation. This year's Mississippi team would beat the 2009 team by 20 points.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

mrbinsdog

Aug 23, 2012
And that 1970 Ole Miss team, with Archie Manning at quarterback got to #4 in the nation before fizzling down the stretch, including losses to Southern Miss and MS State in Oxford and Manning getting hurt and LSU beating them 61-17 in their “rivalry” game.
I like the way this is setting up.
One more thing, we went 6-5 that season after years of losing and Charley Shira was named SEC coach of the year. We beat both Georgia and OM that year.
Go Dogs!

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I only see 3 wins

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
oh, didn t you hear? they have a new running back thats 5 times better than he will ever be ***

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I have to agree with several here stating that they think OM will be good. I'm thinking they might be the third or fourth best in the conference. Which is saying a lot.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
That team was just overrated. This team is coming off a #9 year-end ranking. Highest since 1969. And brings a lot back, plus the #1 ranked transfer portal class in the nation. This year's Mississippi team would beat the 2009 team by 20 points.
The didn’t finish 1st they were ranked 6 in portal class.
Let’s also see how the spring window works out for them….

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
They still have Dart, who can beat teams with his arm or his legs, whatever the defense is giving him, and Lane is just good enough to figure that out

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login