Things have definitely changed in the football building

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
You're on a State board, half our fans want us to fail so they ***** about it. I don't know if there's a fan base in American that hates their university, teams and town more than us.
It’s the po ol state mentality that needs to die out

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
That team was just overrated. This team is coming off a #9 year-end ranking. Highest since 1969. And brings a lot back, plus the #1 ranked transfer portal class in the nation. This year's Mississippi team would beat the 2009 team by 20 points.
That 2008 team had won their last 5 games of the year beating the crap out of two ranked teams in LSU and Texas Tech(Leach). I mean they beat the crap out of those two. They returned a bunch also with QB Jevan Snead highlighting the returning players. Remember, Mel Kiper had Snead as the 1 player in the draft before the season. They had them on the cover of SI(thanks) for the college football preview. It's the same song different verse for this crew of Rebs.

Reactions: RockyDog

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
You're on a State board, half our fans want us to fail so they ***** about it. I don't know if there's a fan base in American that hates their university, teams and town more than us.
It’s pathetic. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think we should be delusional, but it’s okay to be excited or positive every once in a while.

It’s very apparent we have a bunch of losers in our fanbase.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
That team was just overrated. This team is coming off a #9 year-end ranking. Highest since 1969. And brings a lot back, plus the #1 ranked transfer portal class in the nation. This year's Mississippi team would beat the 2009 team by 20 points.
OM's season boils down to Dart staying healthy. I love the way he plays the game but if I was his coach he'd give me nightmares the way he goes all in on every play.

Reactions: patdog

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
It’s pathetic. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think we should be delusional, but it’s okay to be excited or positive every once in a while.

It’s very apparent we have a bunch of losers in our fanbase.
I guess I'm at least semi-delusional. I think Lebby is going to do a great job for us and we'll be scrambling to find ways to keep him in about 3 years. I can't give you a long list of reasons why but I just feel that way I guess based on 50 years of watching them come and go.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Well, I didn't see any white helmets, so I have some hope . . . . . . . .

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
The best part is a post about Lebby giving the team a cool gift turns into a debate about whether this is the best OM team in two generations.

bkmaroon

Sep 26, 2023
Next season will be either this or that

At the stadium or

Leaving the hotel after the game with the wife
You are a winner either way if that's your wife.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It’s the same song and dance with each new coach. “The players are really into the new staff, things are so much better and organized, etc etc.”. Give it a year and let’s see what happens.
You forgot - “These guys’ bodies already look totally different under the new S&C coach…we’re really gonna be able to outlast some teams in the 4th quarter”

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
2024 may not be fun with us rebuilding and OM being up. But I’m optimistic that we are moving in the right direction in the long haul.
I hope the hell so --- there really isn't any other direction to go, is there?

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Mississippi will finish 8-4 and MSU 6-6. Don't let the hype up the road fool you. They are due for a crash and burn. Their chances of a legit run left with Quinshon.
"All I see is 3 wins"***************

Reactions: patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
2009 was overrated, but 2008 sure wasn't. Hootie fumbled around but once he figured it out, well, I'm just glad we didn't have a playoff back then. They were rolling.

That 2008 team had won their last 5 games of the year beating the crap out of two ranked teams in LSU and Texas Tech(Leach). I mean they beat the crap out of those two. They returned a bunch also with QB Jevan Snead highlighting the returning players. Remember, Mel Kiper had Snead as the 1 player in the draft before the season. They had them on the cover of SI(thanks) for the college football preview. It's the same song different verse for this crew of Rebs.
I agree it's much the same. They have listened to their hype all offseason, and will likely disappoint, and they lost Judkins.

HOWEVER....

The caveat is the portal class. Hard to know what they will do. And hard to judge losing Judkins. Many people say tailbacks are plug and play, but I don't agree. I've seen first hand what a high level runner can do for you a couple of times. I remember watching Leonard Fournette in the 2015 game we lost, and we simply could not do anything with the guy.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login