Things the clarion rag wont report #2,000...

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Animated GIF

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
theres plenty reason to criticize the CL but they literally published this yesterday. Also, 17 that couple.

Can anyone explain wtf was going on here? Was there a way for them to make money doing this? Who keeps dogs around just to starve them to death? If nothing else, was the smell of ten dead dogs chained up not horrendous? Was it maybe not really at their residence like tHe Jackson Jambalaya post says and maybe was instead at an isolated property outside of town that they could just ignore?

Still doesn't 'make sense as to why they would do it, but at least makes it clear as to how they could stand to do it if it was out of sight.

If it was just a single person, I would just chalk it up to craziness, but how the 17 were their two of them that somehow were good with starving animals literally just rotting while being collared and chained up?

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Can anyone explain wtf was going on here? Was there a way for them to make money doing this? Who keeps dogs around just to starve them to death? If nothing else, was the smell of ten dead dogs chained up not horrendous? Was it maybe not really at their residence like tHe Jackson Jambalaya post says and maybe was instead at an isolated property outside of town that they could just ignore?

Still doesn't 'make sense as to why they would do it, but at least makes it clear as to how they could stand to do it if it was out of sight.

If it was just a single person, I would just chalk it up to craziness, but how the 17 were their two of them that somehow were good with starving animals literally just rotting while being collared and chained up?
Dog fighting. The husband is apparently involved in a dog fighting ring.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Dog fighting. The husband is apparently involved in a dog fighting ring.
That was my first thought except I would have thought letting dogs starve to death while chained up was not good for training?

Do they chain them up to starve if they lose fights or aren't aggressive enough during training or something? Or was he just an exceptionally ****** businessman/trainer in addition to being a ****** human being?

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
That was my first thought except I would have thought letting dogs starve to death while chained up was not good for training?

Do they chain them up to starve if they lose fights or aren't aggressive enough during training or something? Or was he just an exceptionally ****** businessman/trainer in addition to being a ****** human being?
I don’t know, but the starving ones may be “bait” dogs that they use to train the fighting dogs.
There was a rumor years ago in my hometown that people were stealing pet dogs to use for this purpose. Horrible to think about.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
After they didn't report the Demonte Russell situation, it's tough to be too hard on the CL regarding anyone else.

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
I don’t think many people realize how commonplace dog fighting is in both urban and rural circles, especially in the South. It didn’t go away when a Vick went to jail.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I don’t think many people realize how commonplace dog fighting is in both urban and rural circles, especially in the South. It didn’t go away when a Vick went to jail.
How common is it? I'm as backwood as they come, I've never seen it, never been invited to a match and never heard anyone talking about it. I realize it may be put on by a different demographic than me, but I think it's one of those things folks think is more common that it is actually is.

Wytalehntr

Oct 12, 2022
There are plenty of reasons to bash the CL, but this isn't one of them. I had first heard about this a couple of weeks ago so I looked it up. CL first reported this on 8/14.

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
How common is it? I'm as backwood as they come, I've never seen it, never been invited to a match and never heard anyone talking about it. I realize it may be put on by a different demographic than me, but I think it's one of those things folks think is more common that it is actually is.
Hard to talk about without sounding offensive, so I’ll just leave it at that. I don’t want to come across as insensitive.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Hard to talk about without sounding offensive, so I’ll just leave it at that. I don’t want to come across as insensitive.
When the Vick thing happened, I can remember some people that wanted to support him dancing around it and having trouble with it. It seemed clear they wanted to explain that if you come from a background where dogfighting is not rare, even if it's not exactly common, it's not abnormal that somebody would not be disgusted by it (which I don't think is a completely unfair point? other than bulls not being put through training, is a dog fight obviously more barbaric than a bull fight, and lots of people seem fine with it?). But they definitely were squirrelly about what they wanted to say and never explicitly stated that there might be backgrounds where dogfighting is more common or what those backgrounds might be. I'm sort of guessing at what they wanted to say because I assume if they had wanted to say, for example, that poor rural communities are more likely to have and accept dogfighting, they wouldn't have been scared/hesitant to say that.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
Totally 17ed. Straight to jail.

Probably bait or practice dogs

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
After they didn't report the Demonte Russell situation, it's tough to be too hard on the CL regarding anyone else.
Good Lord, dude. You’ve needlessly brought this situation up a million times on this board already. Everyone understands your opinion on the situation

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Mississippi Vice Chancellor and husband arrested on animal cruelty charges....it's macabre to say the least

Wow, as an animal lover, that's terrible. Ole Miss should fire the woman once found guilty, not to mention both she and her husband should serve jail time.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login