Thinking about coming out to SC for a game next year.

TheTwistedFrog

Aug 24, 2017
It’s been a long time since I’ve been to Happy Valley. What’s the tailgating scene like these days? Is it easier to stay near town or out of town?

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
It’s been a long time since I’ve been to Happy Valley. What’s the tailgating scene like these days? Is it easier to stay near town or out of town?
Not sure how long it's been since you've been in town, but tailgating is pretty much as it has been for 25+ years that I can remember. People are still friendly and welcoming.
If you want to stay within 45 minutes of State college, book your room (hotel, air bnb, etc.) as soon as you can, months in advance.

TheTwistedFrog

Aug 24, 2017
Not sure how long it's been since you've been in town, but tailgating is pretty much as it has been for 25+ years that I can remember. People are still friendly and welcoming.
If you want to stay within 45 minutes of State college, book your room (hotel, air bnb, etc.) as soon as you can, months in advance.

About 15 years.

JWB389

Oct 7, 2021
About 15 years.
If you’re staying in a hotel close to town, you will have a 2 night minimum.

Many of the tailgating lots that used to be general admission are now assigned on your parking pass. You can’t just pull into any lot. A lot of game day parking info on gopsusports.com

ticket scalping at the stadium is pretty rare now due to electronic tickets.

food options inside the stadium are much better than they were the last time you were there. Much like the team….not elite but better.

not sure about anybody else, but internet connection on the stadium is a no-go complete fail. Let’s hope they hire some 14 year old to show them how to fix it before you arrive.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
If you’re staying in a hotel close to town, you will have a 2 night minimum.

Many of the tailgating lots that used to be general admission are now assigned on your parking pass. You can’t just pull into any lot. A lot of game day parking info on gopsusports.com

ticket scalping at the stadium is pretty rare now due to electronic tickets.

food options inside the stadium are much better than they were the last time you were there. Much like the team….not elite but better.

not sure about anybody else, but internet connection on the stadium is a no-go complete fail. Let’s hope they hire some 14 year old to show them how to fix it before you arrive.
We typically stay in Lamar/Mill Hall, Lock Haven, or Burnham, but Burnham has become more costly the past few years. And the “updated stadium WiFi” is a friggin joke. We were in the stadium 90 mins before game time and Fan wifi was not even showing up. They really have to fix that because if you really have an emergency, there is no way to contact another person while in the stadium. Sure, text this number to get assistance in your section😂😂😂Big pluses tho are the fan assistance rides and the new escalators. My knees say thanks!

Reactions: JWB389

TheTwistedFrog

Aug 24, 2017
We typically stay in Lamar/Mill Hall, Lock Haven, or Burnham, but Burnham has become more costly the past few years. And the “updated stadium WiFi” is a friggin joke. We were in the stadium 90 mins before game time and Fan wifi was not even showing up. They really have to fix that because if you really have an emergency, there is no way to contact another person while in the stadium. Sure, text this number to get assistance in your section😂😂😂Big pluses tho are the fan assistance rides and the new escalators. My knees say thanks!

Escalators sound amazing after walking the steps at Notre Dame Stadium.

Reactions: rudedude
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login