This baseball program is just fine…

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Friends and fellow M over S family,

Quit being so damn nervous. This program is just fine no matter what happens with the perennial bed shitters to our North. We should all use this rare postseason downtime to look deep within ourselves and exercise a little baseball self awareness. That’s what successful programs do. That’s what blue-bloods do. It’s time to shed a little arrogance and see reality, which is ******* terrifying.

There are 6 future SEC West schools mucking it up in Omaha, ALL of them filthy rich with good weather, ALL have gigantic fan bases, MOST have fan bases who familiarized themselves with the joys of college baseball in the past decade. ALL saw us do it first and are willing to spend the money it takes to catch up. ALL want to win just as bad as you and I do. In the past 2-3 years the sport has really taken off and the arms race has ramped itself up quickly. We’re a blue blood and have been for a long time, but if we don’t use this time to better our program, some of these teams will leave us in the dust before we can blink. Complacency is not an option anymore. I hope our administration understands the gravity of the situation, and the need for innovative, consistent, and well planned upgrades to our stadium and program in general. I now understand why people say winning a national championship just makes things more complicated.

Watching the super regionals from home, I decided I was going to be a better fan next season. That’s the only piece of this program I can control and make better. No reason to be arrogant if you can’t capitalize on success because there’s someone out there who will.

I love you all,
GOJ

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
This ain't wrong. We know Lemonis can coach, and we know he can recruit. We also know that NIL isn't a big help for us. The only variable left that we need to craft a strategy is figuring out if they are going to up the scholarships or not.

If they don't, we really need to revert back to the Cohen strategy of recruiting a regional area (mainly MS and AL), JUCOs, and then obviously adding a portal element (the 'up' transfers like Dubrule would be my plan, as the big name guys require too much NIL).

If the scholarships go up, that changes the game, then we can more act like a blue blood, since everybody would then be offering the same thing. But we'd still have to adjust some, because we still would not be in the game for high NIL transfers, freshmen and high academic types.

Last edited:

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Can't ever get comfortable or you will get left behind. Still crazy we won it all last year but you can't keep hanging your hat on it. All these programs staying in the hunt in Omaha should alarm everyone. It's just a reminder that we play in the toughest division in baseball and have to get better as a program and figure out how to not have years like this one. Can't afford too or we will get left behind fast. It's not the 80s or 90s anymore. All the other programs in our division are really good and have all the facilities to compete.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Two middle of the pack SEC teams and a team that was the last team in the tourney in one bracket, while the better SEC team got stuck in the better bracket. It's a weird damn baseball season. All the arms going down and the juiced ball have crazy stuff happening.

fedxdog

Dec 7, 2008
Ask yourself why big time national programs like Stanford and Norte Dame have played in our regionals and lost to us but still had praise for our fans. Because we’re good fans.
But good fans don’t act like Tennessee did this year, and good fans don’t bad mouth other programs.
Some of us act immature and make us all look bad.

Dawg1979

Jun 23, 2015
17 it. I’m hanging my hat on last year. We won the national 17ing championship. We get to enjoy it for a year. If we blow goats again next year, I’ll *****. Until then, I’m riding high and loving life as a national champion fan. I’m just glad i went last year to see it happen

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login