This Defense

baddmann007

Sep 26, 2023
1. Ditch the 3 man line. We don’t have enough talent or depth. Play 2 DT’s and 2DE’s(use LB’s to add depth at DE)
2 Whoever replaced Blanton in 2nd half played pretty well, or at least better than Blanton.
3. Load the box, sell out on stopping the run. Make them beat you with the pass.

Especially last night…

Leavitt was not accurate at all. You make him throw to beat us and that is a different ballgame.

Digging dog

Aug 22, 2012
New offensive minded coach with limited time to recruit and I need of just about a whole team focused most of recruitment to the offense.

Z Arnette didn’t leave much of anything to build on

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
This shıtshòw has to be the worst since Torbush in Mullen’s first year.

Absolutely pathetic!
I agree. We knew the D was going to be problematic but we gave up over 200 yds on the ground in an half against an also ran pac 12 refugee who COULD NOT PASS!

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
I agree. We knew the D was going to be problematic but we gave up over 200 yds on the ground in an half against an also ran pac 12 refugee who COULD NOT PASS!
Scary to think about. What if their coach realized he can’t pass? If ASU simply never throws a pass & never attempts a FG, that’s a 49-23 game. I know that’s a bit of an exaggeration. But they really let our defense off the hook a few times with bad play calling.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Scary to think about. What if their coach realized he can’t pass? If ASU simply never throws a pass & never attempts a FG, that’s a 49-23 game. I know that’s a bit of an exaggeration. But they really let our defense off the hook a few times with bad play calling.
I thought ASU definitely started experimenting to work on their passing game. Not long into the game.

They could have handed the ball off every play and won 50-single digits. But what good does that do them? You have the game in hand, work on the passing game for the future.

Their last drive was a shove down our throats to run the clock out

Reactions: MSUDOG24 and patdog

soccerdad

Apr 16, 2019
You guys get off of them. We adjusted ok for 2nd half and you have to remember that they have just started recruitin.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I'm glad I had a really early flight this morning and went to bed bed last night before the game even started. All this is kinda humorous when you don't relive the pain and frustration with every post.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
My only hope/thought about playing the 3 man front most of the night is we were without 3 DL.

Eric Taylor
Deonte Anderson
Kalvin Dinkins

With Anderson and Dinkins being major contributors. Taylor is a Juco DL so I hope we would count on him.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Not much of an exaggeration.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
I thought ASU definitely started experimenting to work on their passing game. Not long into the game.

They could have handed the ball off every play and won 50-single digits. But what good does that do them? You have the game in hand, work on the passing game for the future.

Bingo. I was thinking that more in the second half, you don't get live game action practice opportunities often so they took it (embarrassing as that is). Played with fire there a little bit but their last drive told you all you needed to know. Needed one stop to maybe make it interesting and we simply couldn't do it.

Reactions: Maroon13 and patdog

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
I'm glad I had a really early flight this morning and went to bed bed last night before the game even started. All this is kinda humorous when you don't relive the pain and frustration with every post.
How do check in and security go?**

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
This shıtshòw has to be the worst since Torbush in Mullen’s first year.

Absolutely pathetic!
Deep cut but you obviously skipped out on football for our 1 season with Peter Sirmon.

Completely agree though. No adjustments til late in the third, only to go right back to 3 guys near the LOS on key downs against a team who can't pass and was running down our throat. His name is so close to being appropriate bc hustled our HC into a job he's incapable of doing.

Hope Lebby can find a decent DC bc he seems to be a pretty good HC and great offensive mind.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012

Gotta love a 3rd and long with less than 5mins to go in the 4th, offense is trying to burn clock.

3 down lineman 2 lbs. FIVE GUYS IN THE BOX. Talent didn't cost us the game.

Hutzler is a 17ing idiot

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Everybody around warned us the defense would be bad, yet people seem surprised? Why? We all knew that defense would be bad.

Reactions: MSUDOG24

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Everybody around warned us the defense would be bad, yet people seem surprised? Why? We all knew that defense would be bad.
Been wondering the same thing about the outrage all last night and this morning. Not sure if it was wishful thinking we'd be OK or maybe it's simply, "yeah, but not that bad!".

Either way, we were forewarned and they was right. Yikes.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login