This Defense

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
not one other soul would accept the job. that is a fact. it was offered to many available, experienced DC's
Believable. Not many proven coordinators at P5 are going to hitch themselves to Lebby in Starkville at this point in his career. You just don't work for an unproven guy who wants to implement a high paced offense in Starkville. If he shows competence on the offensive side of the ball and prove we can move the ball and give the defense a chance to succeed (along with a healthy NIL budget), then we can expect a proven DC to sign up.

But why didn't we promote a competent DC from a lower level wanting a nice raise and a chance to prove himself? Hell if I know. If we can't attract that, what's the point????

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Believable. Not many proven coordinators at P5 are going to hitch themselves to Lebby in Starkville at this point in his career. You just don't work for an unproven guy who wants to implement a high paced offense in Starkville. If he shows competence on the offensive side of the ball and prove we can move the ball and give the defense a chance to succeed (along with a healthy NIL budget), then we can expect a proven DC to sign up.

But why didn't we promote a competent DC from a lower level wanting a nice raise and a chance to prove himself? Hell if I know. If we can't attract that, what's the point????
To be honest is difficult to change a team that drastically. With the portal, there have been others who have done it for certain, but we did not and we absolutely started out at zero on offense and defense. We picked defense to be the last built of the two by hiring an offensive coach. I think last night proved that we're going to have to be patient this season and build for the future or else pick a different team. it's gonna be difficult on the defensive side of the ball with what we have to pick from.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login