This doesn't make sense to me about Chick-Fil-A

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
In Meridian anytime I go by....there is a line of cars way out the parking lot of the restaurant. They suck.....just too damn busy. A little Jogi Berra there. ;)

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
It might be because they have the most business. Funny on Sunday the cars are lined up at McDonald at Crossgates but the rest of the week the drive thru is empty, but the cars are lined up double at Chic Fil A. I never wait long at Chic Fil A.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I live in Virginia, ours are fairly slow but it's because they are always slammed regardless of time of day. I read a piece years ago on how while they were typically the slowest, they were far and away the most accurate

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
It may actually be the slowest but it’s because it’s two to three time busier than any other drive through. You probably do wait longer from arrival to getting your order because there is fifteen people in front of you. The line moves with a speed and efficiency that other fast food joints can’t compare.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I'm sure the survey was taken at a NYC LGBTQIALKJG:LIE+ rally.
Top shelf. I was about to post something similar. LMAO.. They are by FAR the best run fast food franchise. Friendly youngsters on top of their game understanding the importance of where their paychecks come from. Their service is unparalleled in the industry and it's not even close. And it pisses the Woke off. LMAO. BTW, their chicken is good and I learned to put dill or pickle juice on my chicken when marinating at home from them.

Last edited:

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
It takes 3 cars longer to get through Popeyes than it takes 15 cars to get through Chick fil a
I was coming on here to say they never went to a Popeyes. Back in the day when I worked on night shift I would wake up around 2:30 and go there to get me something to eat. I'd be the only customer inside or out and it would take 20-30 minutes to get my food. My mom sat in the line at the Starkville Popeyes for over an hour once. I sat in it 45 minutes myself. I like their food but I don't like it well enough to have to schedule my day around getting it.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
So a couple of things specific to my closest location in southaven. Whataburger just opened up next to it and has the same lines moving at double the speed. Same system of 2 lanes. For the last several months at chic fil a, every single time i go, i am asked to pull over into a parking space and they will bring my order out. Only thing i ever get is nuggets or a sandwich. Nothing extra or rarely ordered. And the waiting parking lot is full with 10 other people like me. The issue i see is that they have 5 kids with iPads taking orders 30 cars back from the window.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

I agree with others. I think it’s volume. I am not a huge CFA fan but they keep that line moving at every one I’ve ever been to. BK was the shocker on that list. I don’t know if they have tightened their franchisees up but you could go to one with no issues, then go to another one and it took 30 minutes with 2 cars in line.There were 2 where I lived in SC one was 15 minutes further from my house but I went to that one because it was so much quicker.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Gotta be a function of the fact that people avoid the other joints because it takes them 30 minutes to serve 5 cars.

I went to a small town McDs yesterday. Chose the outer lane of two. One car in front of me at ordering spot.

Watched 3 cars give orders to a lady on the inner lane. The guy in front of me is steadily saying "hello" into the speaker. After the 4th car to the inside somebody finally answers and takes his order.

I pull up and immediately start saying hello in 10 second intervals. After 2 minutes I leave.

Who owns these places???

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I don't know how they do the comparison, but to me the only thing that matters is number of cars served over a specific time period when the restaurant is busy enough to have a constant flow.

I highly doubt Chick-fil-A is far from the best by this metric.

And their food is much better and fresher than most.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I personally think Chic FIL A sucks and is overpriced. But their service is top notch.
They can't help it if a lot people like them and are willing to wait in a double line.
have you been to a Popeyes? Holy hell! Worst service in the world! Put that Chic FIL A traffic in their lines and they'd close.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
I remember an incident during the height of the pandemic where a CFA manager was asked to organize the car line for vaccinations. Fixed the problems in no time.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I personally think Chic FIL A sucks and is overpriced. But their service is top notch.
They can't help it if a lot people like them and are willing to wait in a double line.
have you been to a Popeyes? Holy hell! Worst service in the world! Put that Chic FIL A traffic in their lines and they'd close.
Chik Fil A is overrated, but it's good. Fries suck, but chicken is better than all the other fast food places. Not as good as Cane's (who also has mediocre fries; not as bad as Chik Fil A's though). Probably a matter of personal taste between Chik Fil A and Zaxby's.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yeah that's a load of horse ****. If they considered the sheer volume of traffic, Chick Fila is best there is.

Anyone had this experience with Taco Bell when they ask you to back up and then pull forward? It's because it's being recorded, and it fudges the numbers. Happened to me Tuesday in South Jackson. I was like WTF? Had no idea what was going on but saw a friend comment on a facebook post (referencing this article) that said that's what it was. And it was the longest I've waited for fast food in a long freaking time.

Absolute fake news if there ever has been fake news. Just effing liars.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Chik Fil A is overrated, but it's good. Fries suck, but chicken is better than all the other fast food places. Not as good as Cane's (who also has mediocre fries; not as bad as Chik Fil A's though). Probably a matter of personal taste between Chik Fil A and Zaxby's.
Get outta here! The fries are their best asset outside of ice cream. The fries are second only to McDonald’s.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I think it's overrated too.

KFC's chicken sandwich blows CFA's away.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It's all obviously personal tastes as far as the food goes, but for me nothing touches Raising Canes when it comes to a single fast food meal.

I'll take a 3 finger snack over anything else. Love every part of it.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Their fries are awful.
Their chicken is really good. That said, Popeyes has a better chicken sandwich & their popcorn shrimp is underrated.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Just my experience in Tupelo - I will jump in the CFA line with 30 other cars before I'll get in a line of 5 cars at Wendys, BK, KFC, Hardees or Popeyes.

Can't tell you the last time it took more than 15 minutes at CFA. But I've been stuck in those damn Wendys lines for 45 minutes more times than I can count. I've hopped the curb a few times and run over the bushes they try to trap me in with.

Reactions: tribaldawg

trob115

Jul 5, 2011
Starkville's CFA has really gone down lately. It's not uncommon for me to wait 15 minutes for a to go order that I placed on the app. Management there is also lacking. Every other CFA I ever visit always sends out free rewards. Starkville's hasn't seen any rewards in over a year. Unfortunately my kids love it, so I'm usually forced to go there.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Popeyes is Louisiana Slow

The key to CFA is using the app to order and selecting pickup inside. I order before I get there and by the time I park and walk in it’s sitting there ready. I’m at CFA less than 5 minutes and if you use the app you get points for free food.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
You go to the Madison CFA at lunch and I'll go to literally any other fast food in Madison and let's see who gets out with their food first.
Unless something has changed, that Madison Chick-fil-A serves more customers than any other on the planet.

So they're doing something right.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
As most everyone else has already stated - it’s volume. I’m not a huge fan, but the wife and kids love it so we will hit up the one in D’Iberville occasionally. Always a double line litterally wrapped around the building and out into the adjacent parking lot - never takes more than 15-mins.

The Whataburger down the road (which I prefer) will have 2-3 cars in line and it takes 30-mins. And same with the Wendy’s down the street too.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

I'm surprised at the number of comments on the subject. I haven't been through a fast food drive thru line in 20+ years maybe close to 30 . Between slow a$$ service, incorrect orders, english not spoken by typical order taker and tiny speakers that can't be heard or understood from 3' away I refuse to drive through

Reactions: STATEgrad04

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Makes sense in the context of how incredibly busy they are. Also highlights why speed through the drive through is far from the only or most important box to check for a successful fast food business.

To the point at hand, the drive thru at CFA is well run process. I would wager that CFA gets way more people through per hour than anybody else even if the wait per person is not the best.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I'm surprised at the number of comments on the subject. I haven't been through a fast food drive thru line in 20+ years maybe close to 30 . Between slow a$$ service, incorrect orders, english not spoken by typical order taker and tiny speakers that can't be heard or understood from 3' away I refuse to drive through
The thing about a drive thru is you have to have a high accuracy rate because if you are not it is way more of an issue for that customer than a dine in. For dine in you just walk back to the counter, by the time you realize your drive thru order is wrong you are likely back at home or 20 miles down the interstate.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
In the last 20 years there have been some technology upgrades. Most places have digital screens that outline your order to a T even listing things like no ice in your drink. The speakers are a little better as well. In the last year I can only think of one time a fast food restaurant got an order wrong for me and it was Topps which still has the small speaker and no digital screen.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Their fries are awful.
Their chicken is really good. That said, Popeyes has a better chicken sandwich & their popcorn shrimp is underrated.
That was a glaring omission on my part. I forget about popeyes because I am rarely in the mood for their chicken so much that I'm willing to wait for 30 minutes and know that after 30 minutes I'm still going to have to accept that what I receive has a less than even chance of actually being what I ordered.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login