This fall will mark 10 years from the 2014 season…

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
While the season didn’t end like we wanted, the LSU, A&M and Auburn games were a 3 game stretch none of us will ever forget and them rise to number 1, which we held for several weeks after. All that said,

is it time to put Dak’s name in the ring of honor? Cowboys are off the weekend we play A&M

is it time to bring Dan and team back to celebrate them?

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Dan was four head coaches ago and has been out of the coaching in general for almost three years. Our program has also has kinda fallen apart in the years since he left due to a combination of poor decision making and a little bit of poor luck.

Yes, it’s time to welcome back Dan again.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
The ending of 14 was a kick in the nuts, but that's the script for most of our greatest seasons.

We should hold on to it like Joe Dirt to Brandy.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
The not showing up to play Bama - which was such a winnable game - still hurts.

The Ole Miss game was the real kicker because we looked totally outmatched. Freeze was at the top of his game and they were loaded with players, hookers, and blow.

But to look like we didn't even care against GA Tech (maybe we didn't) still makes me so 17 aggravated when I think about that season.

Dan was ready to jump ship as soon as we got the #1 ranking.

Then not being able to keep Josh and Da'Runnya in college for another season which, no doubt, contributed to their tragedies afterward --- Dan quit grinding for our State.

So no HoF for him! I don't want to see him on Scott field again.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Losing the EB that Yr was nut crushing. Sports God made us pay a heavy price for that 5 week run.
Yeah losing that game was terrible. It looked to me like their defensive coaches had us figured out. If my memory serves correct, we were anemic on offense that day.

However regardless, I've always said, OHSt was getting the 4th playoff spot regardless if we win the 14 EB. Herbstreit and ESPN were lobbying for OHSt.

Dak shart the bed in Tuscaloosa... is what lost that game....and JR running backwards for a safety. Anyways Bama had seen the back shoulder throw and wasn't having it.
We were playing for nothing but our pride after that Tuscaloosa. Which was left on the field in Oxford and did not make the orange bowl trip.

my opinions on 2014

Reactions: Anon1704414204

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Yeah losing that game was terrible. It looked to me like their defensive coaches had us figured out. If my memory serves correct, we were anemic on offense that day.

However regardless, I've always said, OHSt was getting the 4th playoff spot regardless if we win the 14 EB. Herbstreit and ESPN were lobbying for OHSt.

Dak shart the bed in Tuscaloosa... is what lost that game....and JR running backwards for a safety. Anyways Bama had seen the back shoulder throw and wasn't having it.
We were playing for nothing but our pride after that Tuscaloosa. Which was left on the field in Oxford and did not make the orange bowl trip.

my opinions on 2014
Yeah we weren’t getting in without winning the SEC.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
That Egg Bowl loss was probably our worse EB loss ever. The week before the EB, Ole Miss lost to Arkansas 30-0. The game after the Egg Bowl, they lost the Peach Bowl to TCU 42-3. In between, they absolutely kicked our arse. No excuse for that performance, especially with what was potentially on the line. Remember, if we had won the Egg Bowl and Alabama had lost the Iron Bowl that night, (which Auburn actually led going into the fourth quarter), we would’ve been in the SEC Championship Game. But instead, we absolutely shite the bed.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
While the season didn’t end like we wanted, the LSU, A&M and Auburn games were a 3 game stretch none of us will ever forget and them rise to number 1, which we held for several weeks after. All that said,

is it time to put Dak’s name in the ring of honor? Cowboys are off the weekend we play A&M

is it time to bring Dan and team back to celebrate them?
If OM can continue to claim that Archie was great, we can certainly claim Dak

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The program that rose the highest [for 5 weeks]

We believed.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
That Egg Bowl loss was probably our worse EB loss ever. The week before the EB, Ole Miss lost to Arkansas 30-0. The game after the Egg Bowl, they lost the Peach Bowl to TCU 42-3. In between, they absolutely kicked our arse. No excuse for that performance, especially with what was potentially on the line. Remember, if we had won the Egg Bowl and Alabama had lost the Iron Bowl that night, (which Auburn actually led going into the fourth quarter), we would’ve been in the SEC Championship Game. But instead, we absolutely shite the bed.
That EB was sandwiched between those AR & TCU games? SOuhBICH! Really? If so tsun showed up with only dry bread and Mullen served them maters, mustard, tabasco, fresh ground black pepper, lettuce & extra bacon. SOB.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yes, we should bring them back this year for sure. 10 years is a long time. We celebrated the 1998 SEC West title in 2008, at the 3-2 game to be exact. We brought King Jackie back after he wrecked our program, so may as well bring Danny back.

While I don't consider either one of those guys to be MSU guys, you definitely bring them back to honor that team. And how sad is it that we do not have one single football coach we can call our own?

CoastTrash

Aug 22, 2012
The difference in MSU and Bama was evident when they had Marcus luttrel (lone survivor) give a pregame speech. We had an assistant coach. Good luck, boys!

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
The not showing up to play Bama - which was such a winnable game - still hurts.
We showed up to play. Actually outgained them offensively. We just had too many critical turnovers in bad times, plus an awful call on the Richardson fumble that the refs overruled for no reason whatsoever except for #Bama. Still had a shot in the 4th, in Tuscaloosa, against a wayyyyyy more talented team, and a far better coach. That’s about all you can ask for.

The Ole Miss game was the real kicker because we looked totally outmatched. Freeze was at the top of his game and they were loaded with players, hookers, and blow.
We were playing a QB who had one leg, and still refused to blitz, ever, and gave the dude all day to pick us apart. Our best DB had the worst game of his career. Refs again had some blatant BS here, too, with the uncalled late hit on Dak when the whistles had been blown for 10 seconds. This is the one where we really didn’t show up to play.

But to look like we didn't even care against GA Tech (maybe we didn't) still makes me so 17 aggravated when I think about that season.
Hard to blame us for this one. I didn’t really care, either. Bowl games that aren’t the CFP have been meaningless for a long time.

Dan was ready to jump ship as soon as we got the #1 ranking.

Then not being able to keep Josh and Da'Runnya in college for another season which, no doubt, contributed to their tragedies afterward --- Dan quit grinding for our State.
Neither of those tragedies happened because they didn’t return. Not sure what the J-Rob “tragedy” even was. Robinson made the correct decision for himself - actually got drafted as high as he was ever going to get taken. Just didn’t pan out in the NFL….which is the case with late round RB’s more often than not.

And its not the coaches’ responsibility there, anyway. Those are life decisions made by individuals who have priorities and influences that go way beyond the football field. They have the sole responsibility for their actions.

So no HoF for him! I don't want to see him on Scott field again.

Meh. It’s hard for me to really care either way. Dak should be in there. Could take Mullen or leave him, honestly.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login