This gif encapsulates my aversion to Rogers

Sep 4, 2012

Forget his noodle arm/legs/torso. He’s simply not a leader of men.

Last edited:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I think the point is that in a pressure situation or any situation, his running is horrid, just abysmal and slight hit and he coughs up the ball

Sep 4, 2012
I get it when people talk about his ability as a quarterback. You’re reaching with this post though. He was cheap shot after a fumble. WTH does that have to do with leadership?
He’s a boy. He looks like he plays with model trains when he should be hitting the gym. There’s nothing about him that would inspire me to follow him into battle. Soggy is the most apt word for Rogers.

PS I guarantee the players-only meeting he hosted this week was cringefest 23.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Ease up on him. Fine to criticize on field performance or ability but you are crossing into locker room and the huddle. I assume there's a reason he was voted captain and I doubt it was bc he's a *****. Give him a little credit.

Sep 4, 2012
Ease up on him. Fine to criticize on field performance or ability but you are crossing into locker room and the huddle. I assume there's a reason he was voted captain and I doubt it was bc he's a *****. Give him a little credit.
Our fanbase is becoming as limp as Will’s arm

Reactions: Dawg84

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I get it when people talk about his ability as a quarterback. You’re reaching with this post though. He was cheap shot after a fumble. WTH does that have to do with leadership?
You might as well quit. They are jumping on right now one guy right after the other in the monkey pile. It doesn't matter if what the offensive line and defensive backfield played like, or that we played LSU. Just let them have their day. They've been waiting a long time to say, "See, I was right!"

I I think we let our self get all woolly, even though we pretty much shitcanned the whole team's strategy from last season, which wasn't great anyway.

I went back and put myself in the end of Jackie Sherrill/Croom Era mindset. If we happen to win Saturday, great. I'm not gonna lose my mind over what happens on Saturday because this team has no identity, organization, or clue what exactly what it is trying to accomplish at all.

I am looking for coaches to develop players to play next season who might not leave. If our they had any sense, they would start trying to build for next season and forget this season. If you keep banging your head against a brick wall, eventually your heads gonna get sore. But as JWS and Croom proved over and over again you can do that at MSU get away with it here. Run the ball up the middle some more. Fans here don't care if we win at all as long as we run the goddamn ball and have a quarterback to come through over 10 yards.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Will is one of those guys I want to see succeed. He represents MSU with class. Does he fit this new system? Not in my opinion and I hate to see it. I wish him nothing but success.

Such a pathetic person to put the kid down this way.
Yup. Will is a victim in this as much as anybody. He could be running a modified air raid concept at MSU and probably be at least as good as in prior years. He could be running an air raid offense at a G5 school and be killing it. He could be holding a clipboard while a new QB runs an offense that he's just not suited for.

Instead, we're running him out there behind upper classmen OL how who have somehow become completely confused by the new offense, which would be a challenge for Will to run even if they were executing to the best of their ability. We have an uncanny ability to set up upper class QBs for failure either by having ****** coaching take over and/or changing offenses to something that doesn't fit them, or letting the OL deteriorate to the point that they can't realistically meet expectations.

If I recall correctly, lots of people were bitching about Tate and Madkin when they were finished, Fant never had a chance behind his OL, then you had every QB screwed over by Crooms, which included Wesley being chased out after bailing Crooms out for one year, then Tyson being benched for Relf, Relf being beat up and losing the job to Russel, Russel having injurers and losing the job to Dak, Dak held on to the job but had to spend his last year with a ****** OL and without a SEC quality back to take pressure off him, then Fitz had to deal with Morehead, and now Will has to deal with Barbay. Just an incredible stretch of not having a single QB having a good junior year and then taking it a step up for their senior year, unless you count Dak ramping up his passing ability despite worse support, even if it didn't translate into more on field success.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
There is a middle ground when criticizing, Will. It would seem he has the full respect of his teammates and coaches. He is at least a gamer, if not a leader.

He also happens to be a mediocre QB, lacking in SEC-level athleticism, and who seems to have benefited greatly from Mike Leach's offensive system and tutelage.

But he's all we got now, fellas. And he will likely be all we got next year too.
So we need to hope he and Barbebe can figure it all out.

Last edited:
Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login