This is all about to unravel…

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
He will resign the day after their last regular season game (because they won’t make a bowl), citing some imaginary health reasons, and he will be back on the NFL Network or something similar by the time the NFL playoffs start.
He actually has a some rather serious health problems already. Think he's had several toes amputated because of blood clots.

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
He actually has a some rather serious health problems already. Think he's had several toes amputated because of blood clots.
For sure. I could’ve chosen my wording better. What I meant was that something that hasn’t stopped him from coaching the last few years will stop him from coaching once Shedeur and Travis are gone.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
He come off as Sabans ***** in the Aflac commercial. He looks like a clown,

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
What?

Deion didn’t have a 17ing thing to do with Colorado going to the Big 12.

Right, Colorado got a $2.5M signing bonus to join, only after having the most watched games of the year. No other schools got a signing bonus. You think the bottom feeder that was Colorado could have gone to the big 12 without Deion (or better said, without the media attention and sellouts his circus brought)?

Then why didn't Colorado State get to go?

Last edited:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Right, Colorado got a $2.5M signing bonus to join, only after having the most watched games of the year. No other schools got a signing bonus. You think the bottom feeder that was Colorado could have gone to the big 12 without Deion (or better said, without the media attention and sellouts his circus brought)?

All aboard the hype train reality TV bus

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
All aboard the hype train reality TV bus
That's really all it is. Colorado is bringing eyeballs and boatloads of Aflac money. The conferences and tv execs want a cut of it. From a pure football perspective, there isn't much value there.

Reactions: onewoof
Aug 18, 2009

Colorado announced it was moving to the Big-12 before Coach Prime coached a game there.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022

I'd guess that 80% of Colorado viewers are hate-watching, but eyeballs are eyeballs...

patdog

May 28, 2007

Colorado got in because Big 12 had always wanted them back. Colorado St didn’t because they’re freaking Colorado St. Do you really think they added Colorado just for 1 or 2 years of Deion Sanders?

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
Colorado got in because Big 12 had always wanted them back. Colorado St didn’t because they’re freaking Colorado St. Do you really think they added Colorado just for 1 or 2 years of Deion Sanders?
I think it made them more attractive. Colorado was good in the 1990's but has been very bad since then

and post McCartney/Barnett and Pre Deion, CSU has been a better program.

Colorado has had 2 winning seasons in the past 20 years. (10-4 in 2016, 7-6 in 2005)

In the same time frame, Colorado State had had 7 winning seasons (2005, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)

Without hope of a revival in Deion, recent history would pick CSU over CU.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think it made them more attractive. Colorado was good in the 1990's but has been very bad since then

and post McCartney/Barnett and Pre Deion, CSU has been a better program.

Colorado has had 2 winning seasons in the past 20 years. (10-4 in 2016, 7-6 in 2005)

In the same time frame, Colorado State had had 7 winning seasons (2005, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)

Without hope of a revival in Deion, recent history would pick CSU over CU.
None of that matters. For one, CU is in a major conference, CSU is in a minor conference, records aren't comparable. The one record that is comparable is CU is 14-4 vs CSU in the last 20 years.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
None of that matters. For one, CU is in a major conference, CSU is in a minor conference, records aren't comparable. The one record that is comparable is CU is 14-4 vs CSU in the last 20 years.
By that logic, Oregon state and Washington State have nothing to be concerned about. They are in a major conference*

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I dont get why people have such an issue with this.

Deion has already brought the university and the town the type of return no other coach in the country could have. Every person on that team is getting exposure they never thought they'd get AND they knew that Deion kids were on the team and the Deion gimmick BEFORE signing to go there.

If he does leave at the end of the season... and He probably will.. or soon thereafter... whats the big deal. Both sides seem to have gotten what they wanted. Prime wanted to coach his kid and coach D1 football... colorado needed something to revitalize the football program... Both sides win.

Plus.. He was a better hire than at least 2 of our previous coaches and some others around the country.

patdog

May 28, 2007
By that logic, Oregon state and Washington State have nothing to be concerned about. They are in a major conference*
But make no geographic sense and weren't in the Big8/12 for 62 years. And don't bring any viewers or football history to the table.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
But make no geographic sense and weren't in the Big8/12 for 62 years. And don't bring any viewers or football history to the table.

Where does Geography matter now? You should see whose playing in the big10 and ACC this year...

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
So earlier when you said, "My bad. Had my timeline off," you actually meant, "I'm going to argue my objectively wrong point until this thread is dead and buried?"

I'm still going to debate my point of adding Deion helped Colorado athletics. and It's worth the circus to not get left out of the P4.

Do I like it, no.

Reactions: onewoof

tired

Sep 16, 2013
This is adjacent to my problem with NIL in its current form.

These coaches, and now players, make a lot of money. Paid for mainly by the fans.

The fans want to win.
The fans support the school.
The next year they support...the school.
Regardless of where last year's players now reside.

Rolling out the red carpet for players will always go a step too far, because these players' (and coaches for that matter) egos seem to forget they need the school more than the school needs them.

Any player or coach tring to convince their school into playing their basement track over the fight song is like a dog nipping at the hand that feeds them and should be dismissed immediately before it bites.
This some poetic waxing..

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I dont get why people have such an issue with this.

Deion has already brought the university and the town the type of return no other coach in the country could have. Every person on that team is getting exposure they never thought they'd get AND they knew that Deion kids were on the team and the Deion gimmick BEFORE signing to go there.

If he does leave at the end of the season... and He probably will.. or soon thereafter... whats the big deal. Both sides seem to have gotten what they wanted. Prime wanted to coach his kid and coach D1 football... colorado needed something to revitalize the football program... Both sides win.

Plus.. He was a better hire than at least 2 of our previous coaches and some others around the country.

Let the year play out. So far there's coaches fighting, players fighting, players gambling, guns in the locker room, locker room full of unwanted bystanders (according to players) Deion wants Shedeur's rap song played now for TD passes instead of the fight song, a blowout to Nebraska last week, a hard fought win against NDSU, what did I leave out? Let them lose 8 of their last 9 with this kind of crap going on and lets see if "people have an issue with this"

Last edited:

Fan4Life74

Dec 9, 2023
I truly don't get why people pay so much attention to him. It's a novelty act.
Because he wants so much attention…it’s simple. What I can’t understand is why people ask “why do people pay so much attention to him” lol

Most only have a problem when it’s negative attention though

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login