This is gonna blow up some board narratives

garddog

Dec 10, 2008
Yep I always figured the outer ring suburbs around job center cities would benefit most from telework. Close enough to come into the office 2-3 times a week if needed.

I did see where George County is seeing a big influx of people. Is that where you're seeing the Mobile stuff?
Vancleave, Gautier, White Plains. George has been getting a lot of growth for years since 63 got 4 lanes. I have family all over that area and several built their retirement homes between 63 and the state line. Moving up from the coast.

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
We got screwed on topography. No beach (coast instead), no mountains, no deep clear lakes. An Oak Mountain and Smith Lake in the Jxn Metro area.
I have no desire to live among mountains, canyons, or near beaches. Don't mind visiting them once in a blue moon, but living amongst those type areas are fraught with danger that us flatlanders rarely encounter. I have relatives that live in the New Mexico mountains northeast of El Paso, and while very beautiful and full of conifer pines, forest fires and floods are terribly accentuated there. Trying to evacuate on 2 land gravel mountain roads was dang near impossible. And the floods/landslides were astounding and horrendous. They have since moved back to El Paso where it is much drier and desert like without all the New Mexico mountains drama and anxiety. And don't get me started on hurricanes who visit a lot of the nation's beaches a large part of the year. Just don't need it. Again, visit yes, live there, no.

Last edited:

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Why did you say it is terrible for the population to grow?
Go back to my original message you responded to.

I said good for Mississippi. You said how?

How is Mississippi’s population growing good? I feel like that’s pretty apparent that Mississippi’s population growing is good.

Original poster: Mississippi’s population is growing

me: good for Mississippi

you: how?

Me: sarcastically saying “sure population growth isn’t good”

Last edited:

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Why do you oppose the “California mindset?” (whatever that is)
The mindset that says it’s ok to shop lift and allows defecating on streets and illegal immigration’s and tells its citizens they shouldn’t go out during Covid but the same leaders saying that are the ones going out breaking their rules or the mindset that is driving many tax payers away and businesses or the mindset that wants to pay millions to black people for reparations?

Do I need to explain why i oppose those things?

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014

How is Mississippi’s population growing good? I feel like that’s pretty apparent that Mississippi’s population growing is good.

I like some growth. MS is roughly almost 3 million. I would like to see us max out at about 5 million and no more. I hope to God we never become like Florida. 24 million in a state slightly larger land wise than us is suffocating. I went to the Tampa/Orlando area about a year ago and the traffic was bumper to bumper along with new roads being built everywhere. It really felt claustrophobic while just visiting for a few days. Makes you appreciate a little room to stretch out in as we have in Mississippi.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
But they ain’t exactly middle of the road either. At least many of them aren’t.

Sarcasm without sarcasterisks. Thanks.

I couldn't hear your tone and inflection through the screen.*****************************

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
The mindset that says it’s ok to shop lift and allows defecating on streets and illegal immigration’s and tells its citizens they shouldn’t go out during Covid but the same leaders saying that are the ones going out breaking their rules or the mindset that is driving many tax payers away and businesses or the mindset that wants to pay millions to black people for reparations?

Do you?

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
My son lives in Nesbit, MS (near Hernando). He lives in a new subdivision of about $400-450K homes. On his right a couple from Colorado moved in. Across the street a family from California bought a 3000 sq. foot home. To the left of him another California couple moved in to a new 2800 sq. foot home. And just down the street, another couple from California moved into a brand new home. The 3 families from California sold their 1500-1800 sq. ft. homes for about a $1 Million each. They then moved to Desoto Co. and purchased BRAND NEW CUSTOM homes twice the size and half the cost of their older California homes......and ended up with $500K cash to boot in their pockets. Two of them added swimming pools with a little of the leftover cash. One California couple said they were telling a lot of their friends to consider doing the same.
Where like the Belize of the USA!

Reactions: paindonthurt

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I have no desire to live among mountains, canyons, or near beaches. Don't mind visiting them once in a blue moon, but living amongst those type areas are fraught with danger that us flatlanders rarely encounter. I have relatives that live in the New Mexico mountains northeast of El Paso, and while very beautiful and full of conifer pines, forest fires and floods are terribly accentuated there. Trying to evacuate on 2 land gravel mountain roads was dang near impossible. And the floods/landslides were astounding and horrendous. They have since moved back to El Paso where it is much drier and desert like without all the New Mexico mountains drama and anxiety. And don't get me started on hurricanes who visit a lot of the nation's beaches a large part of the year. Just don't need it. Again, visit yes, live there, no.
You do realize we get our share of hurricanes right? Our Coast is on the Gulf which is pretty much hurricane central.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Sarcasm without sarcasterisks. Thanks.

I couldn't hear your tone and inflection through the screen.*****************************
You are still ignoring your first response of “how”.

you asked how population growth was good for Mississippi

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
MS has been destroyed by hurricanes numerous times. Devastating tornadoes. Foundation problems due to all this river soil. Constant rain and humidity. Mosquitoes that look like pterodactyls.

I like some growth. MS is roughly almost 3 million. I would like to see us max out at about 5 million and no more. I hope to God we never become like Florida. 24 million in a state slightly larger land wise than us is suffocating. I went to the Tampa/Orlando area about a year ago and the traffic was bumper to bumper along with new roads being built everywhere. It really felt claustrophobic while just visiting for a few days. Makes you appreciate a little room to stretch out in as we have in Mississippi.
Growth is around cities, as most people want to be around amenities. Either you want it, or you don't. I agree that 5M is a good max, but it'll be a long time before ever come close to that. The people who have stayed in MS do not want growth. Look at TateR - best governor we've had since forever, especially for economic growth, and people hate him.

It's just a constant self-fulfilling prophecy. The people who do move to MS for the cheap COL then complain about others doing the same thing.

But again - the true growth is going to be Memphis, Jackson, Coast, GTR, Tupelo or Hattiesburg. Cities, or smaller towns/areas with a heartbeat (like universities).

You do realize we get our share of hurricanes right? Our Coast is on the Gulf which is pretty much hurricane central.
And tornadoes. I mean, MS is pretty much the worst weather state in the country. Just the sheer amount of rain is miserable.

Me thinks @leeinator is one of those @L4Dawg types who kinds lives in his own bubble and can't see past his kitchen window.

Oct 1, 2023
My son lives in Nesbit, MS (near Hernando). He lives in a new subdivision of about $400-450K homes. On his right a couple from Colorado moved in. Across the street a family from California bought a 3000 sq. foot home. To the left of him another California couple moved in to a new 2800 sq. foot home. And just down the street, another couple from California moved into a brand new home. The 3 families from California sold their 1500-1800 sq. ft. homes for about a $1 Million each. They then moved to Desoto Co. and purchased BRAND NEW CUSTOM homes twice the size and half the cost of their older California homes......and ended up with $500K cash to boot in their pockets. Two of them added swimming pools with a little of the leftover cash. One California couple said they were telling a lot of their friends to consider doing the same.
Lot of people leaving leftie states because of the pandemic overreaction and insane crime rates.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Lot of people leaving leftie states because of the pandemic overreaction and insane crime rates.
What gets lost in that is they all can afford to make this move. They are making so much money on their house, like other posters said, that this is actually a step up because they get a bigger house plus cash left over.

If not for that, they wouldn't be moving.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022

Your propaganda has convinced you they think something other than what they actually think. As it was intended to do. You're just a puppet dancing on their strings.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

I really hope your dubmass doesn't really believe that the Californians that are relocating, are the same ones acting a fool during COVID?

PLEASE tell me you're not that damn dumb.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I really hope your dubmass doesn't really believe that the Californians that are relocating, are the same ones acting a fool during COVID?

PLEASE tell me you're not that damn dumb.
There’s two families in our neighborhood from California. They wanted to get away from the high cost of living and high taxes and the crazy regulations and laws. And they’re fairly apolitical.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
you would be shocked with the number of people, especially Europeans, who travel 61 from Memphis to New Orleans and stay in the Delta a couple of days as a music pilgrimage
We were sitting in the Peabody lobby last year and talked to a couple from France who landed in Memphis to start a two week journey through the delta to New Orleans. They wanted to begin with blues and end with jazz.

I absolutely could not wrap my head around that.

They were already hitting all the spots I was familiar with so when they asked for recommendations all I could say was… Go to Merigold, eat at Crawdad’s and buy some over priced pottery to ship home. Drive over the levee and find a spot to whiz in the river…. Maybe drink a beer while you drive through Tallahatchie County. ….I was struggling.

I asked what their impression was on their first day and they said they were surprised at how hot it was. I told my wife I was afraid they were in for a few more.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We were sitting in the Peabody lobby last year and talked to a couple from France who landed in Memphis to start a two week journey through the delta to New Orleans. They wanted to begin with blues and end with jazz.

I absolutely could not wrap my head around that.

They were already hitting all the spots I was familiar with so when they asked for recommendations all I could say was… Go to Merigold, eat at Crawdad’s and buy some over priced pottery to ship home. Drive over the levee and find a spot to whiz in the river…. Maybe drink a beer while you drive through Tallahatchie County. ….I was struggling.

I asked what their impression was on their first day and they said they were surprised at how hot it was. I told my wife I was afraid they were in for a few more.
Many times those Europeans are easy marks for thuggery. I hope that doesn’t end up happening and chasing folks off.

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005

Let me get this straight. You are contending that the majority of Californians think 1. It’s ok to shoplift 2. It’s ok to **** in the street 3. It’s ok for leaders to be hypocritical 4. Want to pay millions in reparations. Is this correct?

It’s gotta be Mississippi’s lack of hypocritical politicians that’s bringing them in. ****

Last edited:

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Let me get this straight. You are contending that the majority of Californians think 1. It’s ok to shoplift 2. It’s ok to **** in the street 3. It’s ok for leaders to be hypocritical 4. Want to pay millions in reparations. Is this correct?

It’s gotta be Mississippi’s lack of hypocritical politicians that’s bringing them in. ****
The majority of Californians voted for people who have allowed that.

And they keep voting for them.

Reactions: patdog

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Your propaganda has convinced you they think something other than what they actually think. As it was intended to do. You're just a puppet dancing on their strings.
Yeah!!! Cool words man!

Name one thing I stated that isn’t happening in California.

Hunters laptop was real you 17ing dumb douche.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
The majority of Californians voted for people who have allowed that.

And they keep voting for them.
Cali paid millions in reparations? There's a beachfront seizure case I think I remember, but the rest would be news to me.

But anyway, they don't vote for that. Any more than the Republican voters before them voted for Rodney King to be beaten in the street. Politics often requires threading the needle, and that's complicated, but we know how you don't even get regulated utilities, so this is for sure far over your head.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Cali paid millions in reparations? There's a beachfront seizure case I think I remember, but the rest would be news to me.

But anyway, they don't vote for that. Any more than the Republican voters before them voted for Rodney King to be beaten in the street. Politics often requires threading the needle, and that's complicated, but we know how you don't even get regulated utilities, so this is for sure far over your head.
Many politicians are talking about reparations and they were voted in.

I realize you can’t admit that.

And discussing reparations isn’t threading the needle. It’s idiotic like you.

Hunters laptop was real.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login