This is not about NIL/portal or the current state of the college landscape….

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
There's no solution because our leaders don't give a crap. They continue the same cycle of BS over and over and more than half the fan base is complicit. The MSU swamp needs draining.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
…..unless you think Az State and/or Toledo have more football resources than we do. So stop saying it.

Until we get realistic about our football culture, nothing will change.
I agree it’s not about NIL or the transfer portal. Honestly, state should be a beneficiary of the transfer portal. We’ve just had zero continuity and good leadership since leach passed. And leach had the program winning games but it’s hard to feel like he was going to continue to be successful in the NIL era.

I was not a huge fan of the Lebby hire but at this point you gotta at least see if he can improve the team. Early returns look very bad. Lebby does not look as much as a deer in headlights as arnett but the players sure do, so I don’t know that we upgraded or not. But I also don’t know how to truly judge lebby at this point because talent wise we are just not even close to where we need to be. I do think lebby will recruit better but who knows if he can develop anything.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Arizona State has nearly triple the enrollment and alumni base that we do, and more wealth. Under the unregulated NIL system we have now, they have the opportunity to have a better program than us.

That's not the case for Toledo though. In addition to having a smaller enrollment, most of their alumni are Ohio State fans if they like college football. Really - you can check Google Trends data and see that Ohio State is like 15x more popular in Toledo than Toledo football is.

Reactions: RopeDawg

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
…..unless you think Az State and/or Toledo have more football resources than we do. So stop saying it.

Until we get realistic about our football culture, nothing will change.
This is a good point. Toledo has better coaching all the way around. Talent evaluation , strength and conditioning, culture, discipline , on field coaching all get an F

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login