This is not Leach's best team at MSU................ It's on the bench

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
People need to remove the emotion... The top QB that MSU has EVER recruited is a RS FRESHMAN..... Be ready for the future

This is the team that sets the discipline... This is the team that says to the younger guys..... YOU are the future.

Let's BUILD A PROGRAM!!!

Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forward

Sometimes there is no appetite to go backwards regardless

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Leach needs to part ways with Rogers, he’s bad. He sets records at State because we have traditionally been a running school, it’s the system that provides the stats.

leach has two better q bs on the bench. Will is a great person, it I’m sorry he’s not the answer at q b
Nope. He is whatvis ready.

The future will be here.

It's called building a program

• Haha
Reactions: Statefan92

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Nope. He is whatvis ready.

The future will be here.

It's called building a program
Yea I know that, but his ceiling is really low, he just can’t Cut It. Time to cut bait and let Sawyer play, locke is the best q b on the roster.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
People need to remove the emotion... The top QB that MSU has EVER recruited is a RS FRESHMAN..... Be ready for the future

This is the team that sets the discipline... This is the team that says to the younger guys..... YOU are the future.

Let's BUILD A PROGRAM!!!
I admire your resolve. I’ve given up trying to explain this same point. If people don’t understand it, then it’s because they choose not to. Why people want to bail out on this coach and system before seeing what it will do with at least an above average QB and an OLine with depth is beyond me.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
If I’m Sawyer, I’m trying to get to SMU or Texas Tech. Especially with all the duds Leach is recruiting.
Like parson ?

stupid post. sawyer may leave because of pt, that I understand.

leach needs to bench Will and let the more talented q bs play if they know the system.

again will is a great person, but he really is not a top flite sec q b, he’s the worst air raid q b I’ve seen

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
I admire your resolve. I’ve given up trying to explain this same point. If people don’t understand it, then it’s because they choose not to. Why people want to bail out on this coach and system before seeing what it will do with at least an above average QB and an OLine with depth is beyond me.
The point is the **** we saw tonight. A QB that is more Checkdown Charlie than anything. Punters that can't punt it over 30 yards consistently, kickers that can't hit field goals consistently. If "the best" or even "the better" players are on the bench as both of you say, then get them in the game. Do what you have to but get them ready and get them in the game.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
The point is the **** we saw tonight. A QB that is more Checkdown Charlie than anything. Punters that can't punt it over 30 yards consistently, kickers that can't hit field goals consistently. If "the best" or even "the better" players are on the bench as both of you say, then get them in the game. Do what you have to but get them ready and get them in the game.
You’re proving my point. Also, can’t kick fg’s? We made three game tying kicks in the last minute of the game. Suck on that.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Will looked like he was doped up on NyQuil tonight. I really don’t know what it was, but he looked Off tonight from his reactions on the field to his play on the field. It was weird.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
We haven't seen enough of Sawyer to know what he is or is not. This goes back to the second string QB being the fan favorite. I predict after watching Sawyer for about 2 games, whenever that happens, people will be calling for Locke.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Will Rogers is running this offense like Leach coaches him to. Changing qb’s isn’t changing the offense.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
Like parson ?

stupid post. sawyer may leave because of pt, that I understand.

leach needs to bench Will and let the more talented q bs play if they know the system.

again will is a great person, but he really is not a top flite sec q b, he’s the worst air raid q b I’ve seen
Parson is going to need to grow at least 6 more inches tall or his passes will get batted down as often as Will’s do. They’re lying about Locke’s height too. But besides QB, where is Leach recruiting well? How many “diamonds in the rough” do we have to put hope in at WR and OL? Saying all the talent is on the bench makes it sound like Leach has recruited well.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Reall
Parson is going to need to grow at least 6 more inches tall or his passes will get batted down as often as Will’s do. They’re lying about Locke’s height too. But besides QB, where is Leach recruiting well? How many “diamonds in the rough” do we have to put hope in at WR and OL? Saying all the talent is on the bench makes it sound like Leach has recruited well.
really dumb post , you don’t know what you’re talking about

locke and parson are very good players

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
You’re proving my point. Also, can’t kick fg’s? We made three game tying kicks in the last minute of the game. Suck on that.
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn or two. He nearly missed one and you conveniently forgot to mention the "trying to win the game in regulation" one that barely reached the end zone. I see you didn't want to mention the punters either.

I've been willing to give Leach time but tonight was the final straw. If he has to go to overtime to beat the worst team in the league and isn't willing to make changes, then it's time we make changes.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn or two. He nearly missed one and you conveniently forgot to mention the "trying to win the game in regulation" one that barely reached the end zone. I see you didn't want to mention the punters either.

I've been willing to give Leach time but tonight was the final straw. If he has to go to overtime to beat the worst team in the league and isn't willing to make changes, then it's time we make changes.
He missed a 56 yard attempt that was between the uprights but just not long enough…yeah he sucks.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Exactly if they on the bench that's the coaches fault

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Will looked like he was doped up on NyQuil tonight. I really don’t know what it was, but he looked Off tonight from his reactions on the field to his play on the field. It was weird.
He's looked like that for a month. Defenses adjust and we don't recover. He and the line have proven to crumble under pressure and we completely abandon the run

Reactions: msstatelp1

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Leach needs to part ways with Rogers, he’s bad. He sets records at State because we have traditionally been a running school, it’s the system that provides the stats.

leach has two better q bs on the bench. Will is a great person, it I’m sorry he’s not the answer at q b

He completed 42 of 59 for 357 yards and 3 TDs.

And you say he's bad.

That is all.

Reactions: Ibdancin

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

Let's BUILD A PROGRAM!!!
Oh good Lord, the old "the best QB is the back up" argument taken to it's ultimate end. If the guys on the bench were THAT good, they would be playing. I've seen that argument from all sides on multiple levels, some of it VERY up close. Bottom line is, if the younger guys/backups are better, they would be playing. I've seen it actually HAPPEN.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Oh good Lord, the old "the best QB is the back up" argument taken to it's ultimate end. If the guys on the bench were THAT good, they would be playing. I've seen that argument from all sides on multiple levels, some of it VERY up close. Bottom line is, if the younger guys/backups are better, they would be playing. I've seen it actually HAPPEN.

Like when Will Rogers took over for that highly recruited guy from Stanford.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
To paraphrase: Just wait until next year.
No.. thats not it at all.

A simple look shows that the highest-rated qb at msu is literally a rs freshman

No.... he needs to do what's right. Replacing Rogers with a QB thta's not ready but has a HIGH ceiling is not smart!

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
If I’m Sawyer, I’m trying to get to SMU or Texas Tech. Especially with all the duds Leach is recruiting.
LOL!!!! Love the "IF I AM"

What about.. If I am Sawyer, I know that I am a RS FRESHMAN.. RS FRESHMAN!!!!!!!! .. once more... A RED SHIRT FRESHMAN!!!! And HALF of the 4 star TALENT on the MSU TEAM is my class and UNDER!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
It’s late into year 3 and we’re in the transfer portal era.

The days of the methodical rebuild are over.

Waiting 5 years to be as good as we were 5 years ago isn’t going to cut it anywhere anymore, but much less so in the SEC.

If our best players are riding the bench, that’s not “building for the future”, it’s negligent roster management.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
So you are taking the position that talent at the QB position doesn’t change the offense? Final answer?

Gardner Minshew is an NFL qb. Look at his stats in this offense and look at Will’s. They’re almost identical. Unless Mike changes his offense this is what we will continue seeing.
What would make a bigger impact is upgrading the oline, and skill positions.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login