This is not on Rogers

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
This is on the coach that didn’t stay within the air raid family for offensive coordinator to coach a record setting senior qb that has only ever played in the air raid.
That mindset is completely ridiculous. You never make an OC hire based on the players you inherited. Hire the OC you want BUT you better bring in a QB and tight ends that can run your system. We didn’t and we didn’t.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Staying within the “Air Raid family” wouldn’t have helped Arnett or Rogers at all. Leach was the only coach that ran the Air Raid in a way compatible with Rogers skill-set. Going to some hybrid knock-off with more running plays (which is what everyone else does) just makes those run plays ineffective because you don’t have to account for the QB in the run game with Rogers.

Leach’s passing was at an unfortunate time in our roster cycle, because there was no plug and play replacement for the QB (if there was a new system) or for the OC (if we wanted to keep traditional Air Raid.). That’s all there is to it, and we’ve known that for 9 months now.

Last edited:

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Staying within the “Air Raid family” wouldn’t have helped Arnett or Rogers at all. Leach was the only coach that ran the Air Raid in a way compatible with Rogers skill-set. Going to some hybrid knock-off with more running plays (which is what everyone else does) just makes those run plays ineffective because you don’t have to account for the QB in the run game with Rogers.

Leach’s passing was at an unfortunate time in our roster cycle, because there was no plug and play replacement. That’s all there is to it, and we’ve known that for 9 months now.
This. That version of air raid died with leach unfortunately for rogers

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016

Leach’s passing was at an unfortunate time in our roster cycle, because there was no plug and play replacement. That’s all there is to it, and we’ve known that for 9 months now.
This 100% truth. And by the way, Leach’s offenses weren’t good either.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006

100% accurate.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022

Kind of like read options with this offense where you don't have to account for the QB? Or rollouts with a non-mobile QB?

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I will have fun reading this page when you QB savants get another QB and nothing changes.

I agree big picture but today Mike running around play grounding it gives us a better chance to be successful.....and that is the sad state we are in.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
Rogers doesn’t have the mobility to makeup for the bad oline. Can’t get away in the rollouts. Doesn't have the accuracy throwing on the run either. I ask again, if the knock on Wright is accuracy, why are we sticking with Rogers when he’s been highly inaccurate in this game scenario?

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
This is on the coach that didn’t stay within the air raid family for offensive coordinator to coach a record setting senior qb that has only ever played in the air raid.
Yes. It is 100% on Officer Barbrady. In his interview for the job he said he didn’t know what offense to run because he wants to mold his offense around the talent he has. He has failed MISERABLY!

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Tv Land Shitshow GIF by YoungerTV

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
The hell it isn't. There's plenty of blame to go around from the offensive line to our offensive imagination and play calling. But rogers is a big part of the problem. He's missed too many throws that were there, he's taken too many sacks, and he's checked us into the wrong play too many times. He sucks. He limits what we can do offensively by a significant margin.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm sure glad Arnett challenged them at halftime.

Totally turned this thing around.***

We're likely in Moorhead Year 1 with WAY less talent.

Please make me as wrong about this as I've been about everything positive I've said so far.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I'm sure glad Arnett challenged them at halftime.

Totally turned this thing around.***

We're likely in Moorhead Year 1 with WAY less talent.

Please make me as wrong about this as I've been about everything positive I've said so far.
If I were Selmon CZA would be "dead man walking" already. I would be in constant contact with replacements over the next few weeks and lock up a replacement by November.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
The reality is that if we switched QBs with LSU we would in a tight game in the 4th. That’s how important QB play is in college football. Everyone and I mean everyone in the SEC has a QB better than us. And that’s the truth.

• Angry
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The reality is that if we switched QBs with LSU we would in a tight game in the 4th. That’s how important QB play is in college football. Everyone and I mean everyone in the SEC has a QB better than us. And that’s the truth.

If there was ever an example of how absolutely ignorant you are about football, I'll stick with this one.

Pay more attention, post not at all.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
If I were Selmon CZA would be "dead man walking" already. I would be in constant contact with replacements over the next few weeks and lock up a replacement by November.
Well Selmon is wake forest guy right? And OU. So maybe he can get someone from those trees. Ha Kevin Wilson

Reactions: Ranchdawg

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
It's on the coach for playing Rogers. I'll give you that. I love Will and I'm thankful for everything he has done and given to the university, but he cannot be playing against SEC teams. He worked great in a niche/gimmick/system but he was throwing balls out of bounds and in the dirt all game. Screen passes into the dirt and over their heads.

It sucks. Will should always be remembered as a record shattering qb for the university. But if we want to win, he shouldn't be playing

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
The pattern here is that we have had 2 meh AD hires since Byrne left. They have made terrible, terrible, terrible coaching hires that we are still feeling effects from.

We just hired an associate AD from Oklahoma. They have one of the best athletic depts in the country. And, we made a quick, cheap and easy hire at our biggest moneymaker on campus.

There is a common denominator here…. See if you can guess who. Hint: he has plastic hair and a plastic face and lives on campus.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

Leach’s passing was at an unfortunate time in our roster cycle, because there was no plug and play replacement for the QB (if there was a new system) or for the OC (if we kept Rogers). That’s all there is to it, and we’ve known that for 9 months now.
This

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login