This is what hiring a mid level Big 10 coach gets you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fighting Irish.sixpack

Oct 26, 2012
If mississippi state is a true blue blood baseball program……

We reload by recruiting talent, not rebuild because we mis evaluated talent!!

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

Bull **** everyone has bad years. You also can’t discount the fact that losing Sims is huge.

I’d like to know what exactly you really want. Do you want Lemonis fired? If we do fire Lemonis who do you hire with his resume at this point? Are you just a troll?

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
Bull **** everyone has bad years. You also can’t discount the fact that losing Sims is huge.

I’d like to know what exactly you really want. Do you want Lemonis fired? If we do fire Lemonis who do you hire with his resume at this point? Are you just a troll?

We sucked before sims got hurt

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
We sucked before sims got hurt

But it’s still a massive blow, as was the Simmons injury. I don’t think we were going to be as good as Lemonis’s first three teams regardless.but those two injuries may end up being the difference in us making the NCAAT or not.

I think we all wrongfully assumed somebody would step up and be the next Mangum or TA and we wouldn’t skip a beat, and that clearly hasn’t happened. But yes, bad years happen even for teams that are regularly in Omaha. Teams with talent fall well short of their potential on occasion. We’re not the first and won’t be the last.

Feb 23, 2008
Sims would make 2 maybe 3 games difference.

Not questioning the move to put him as a starter but let’s not pretend a guy who only pitches once a week is going to make up for the shitshow this team is.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
A national championship? I really don't feel like researching it but I'd bet the farm that even the most consistently elite coaches have had a few bad years after winning championships.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I will say this. That LSU coach from AZ was coaching like his *** just got canned. Pitching changes like he was at Omaha this weekend.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Not questioning the move to put him as a starter but let’s not pretend a guy who only pitches once a week is going to make up for the shitshow this team is.

Sims was one of the top 3 or 4 pitchers in the conference. A guy like that means more than 2 or 3 games.

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
I will say this. That LSU coach from AZ was coaching like his *** just got canned. Pitching changes like he was at Omaha this weekend.
He coached like a guy who was told "don't lose to State", unlike our long philosophy of "just win 2".

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012

Take the Friday night starter and the closer off any team and I dare you to find me one team that it wouldn’t impact significantly. Even moreso when one of those guys is a first team All-American type guy. Both our ceiling and our floor are unquestionably lower without Sims and Simmons.

It’s not just the direct loss of Sims, Simmons, and the temporary loss of Hunt. It’s all the other reshuffling that those injuries have caused. We had to move Preston Johnson out of the pen and now our pen is a disaster. We’re probably about to have to do the same with Brandon Smith because Stinnett has been totally unreliable (also in a role he wasn’t expected to be in).

Our offense is pretty much what I expected, very boom or bust. Combine that with a pitching staff that’s held together by chewing gum and paper clips and this is what you get.

Last edited:

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
And then Preston is on Saturday. So yeah, Its a huge deal. But the issues at the plate are staggering

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012

So what the hell happened the first 120 years of the program? Last year was THE ONLY NC in our history and Lemonis coached us to it. Say what you will about catching lightning in a bottle but Polk never did it, McMahon never did it, Cohen never did it. It wasn’t in year 1 either it was year 3. Yes we are having a bad year but it’s goin to take a lot more than one year after a natty to proclaim Lemonis a failure. Hell you were doing it LAST YEAR which shows just about how stupid you are and why everyone on this board despises your bile spewing.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
We are a whisker from being 1-11 in SEC play. Only game we've won without drama was the Sunday Georgia game.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Only at Mississippi State University would we win the National Championship one year and the next year start talking about the perceived shortcomings of that coach that won the national championship.

Where the 17 were you at last year to bring us all this information?

That's right we didn't see your *** after the SEC tournament when you predicted we would go 0-2 in the regionals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login