This just in....

tired

Sep 16, 2013
He’s just a dumbass. To have played for Bama, his situational football smarts seems to be lacking.

patdog

May 28, 2007
To be fair, if you played for Alabama, you rarely needed to know anything about situational football.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Tuuurrbbss…

Greg McElroy is terrible.

That is all.

One second the play was “as dumb as you can get” (it was). In the next breath, “I wouldn’t have thrown a flag there!!”

He had a horrible, horrible night. Never liked him too much, but he made an *** out of himself tonight.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
Yeah I was questioning that too. Any time contact is made to the head/face, a flag will be, & should be thrown, especially extracurricular crap like that. GM would be as bad a ref as he is a color guy

CoastTrash

Aug 22, 2012
I wonder if he goes home from broadcasting sports to millions for a living and gives two 17’s what anyone on this board thinks.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
Considering he’s got into with fans before, I’m gonna say he gives more than two 17s

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
Don’t understand the hate for McElroy. He seems very knowledgeable to me. He wasn’t a stellar qb but played his role well and didn’t lose games. His stats in the NC with Texas in 09 tell the story of his career. Bunch of hand- offs, a few completions and, most importantly, zero interceptions. He is no Josh Pate, but few are.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Don’t understand the hate for McElroy. He seems very knowledgeable to me. He wasn’t a stellar qb but played his role well and didn’t lose games. His stats in the NC with Texas in 09 tell the story of his career. Bunch of hand- offs, a few completions and, most importantly, zero interceptions. He is no Josh Pate, but few are.

I guess you didn't hear his brilliant commentary about letting FSU score. My comment had nothing to do with his playing career, which thankfully for Alabama fans, consisted more of him doing what he was told than him having to think for himself. I'll submit that he might be a better commentator if he had saban telling him what to say in his ear piece.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
He had a horrible night in the broadcast booth.

I couldn’t tell if it was a Ron Burgundy “Go 17 yourself San Diego” night or what. But he was all over the place. Flip flopped like crazy more than a few times.

His Bama career isn’t in question here. He was not a QB…. But this discussion is about how ****** he is as a broadcaster.

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
I guess you didn't hear his brilliant commentary about letting FSU score. My comment had nothing to do with his playing career, which thankfully for Alabama fans, consisted more of him doing what he was told than him having to think for himself. I'll submit that he might be a better commentator if he had saban telling him what to say in his ear piece.

Yeah I get it — I guess when compared with Danielson and others who state utterly obvious things constantly, I find some of McElroy’s commentary interesting and on point. But you are correct that some of his “takes” are properly subject to criticism.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Yeah I get it — I guess when compared with Danielson and others who state utterly obvious things constantly, I find some of McElroy’s commentary interesting and on point. But you are correct that some of his “takes” are properly subject to criticism.

McElroy makes Danielson sound like John Madden.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login