This kid is gonna kick our ***

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Oh lord have mercy you guys and your Ole Miss hysterics. How many 17ing times do we have to do this.

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013
Are you guys gonna be ok? You’re scared of the boogeyman a full 330 days early?

That’s showing some real 17’ng dedication to your ***** game.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
This is insane. The guy throws three good passes and all of a sudden he’s gonna kick our *** and be All-SEC while poor little us is stuck with Rogers and his 4,700 passing yards and 36 touchdowns.

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013
This is insane. The guy throws three good passes and all of a sudden he’s gonna kick our *** and be All-SEC while poor little us is stuck with Rogers and his 4,700 passing yards and 36 touchdowns.

There is no way those guys are State fans. Obvious trolls are obvious I guess?

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
The only way he starts against is is if whoever they bring in from the portal gets injured.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
What’s sad about our fan base is as soon as he threw that TD pass I thought to myself, “I bet someone has made a post about how Luke is going to torch us”. Sure enough, there’s THREE threads about him

triton28

Dec 18, 2009
Lol. Why cause a state fan can’t be honest? Everyone on here is holding on to hope that they will drop off next year with Matt coral gone. Meanwhile their green backup is throwing bbs in the sugar bowl looking like Johnny football out there. I’m just saying, they probably aren’t gonna need to go to the portal. Looks like they are gonna be fine. I certainly am a state fan but I’m not afraid to admit when Ole miss is trending in an upward direction.

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013
What’s sad about our fan base is as soon as he threw that TD pass I thought to myself, “I bet someone has made a post about how Luke is going to torch us”. Sure enough, there’s THREE threads about him

Same *****. Three usernames.

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013
Lol. Why cause a state fan can’t be honest? Everyone on here is holding on to hope that they will drop off next year with Matt coral gone. Meanwhile their green backup is throwing bbs in the sugar bowl looking like Johnny football out there. I’m just saying, they probably aren’t gonna need to go to the portal. Looks like they are gonna be fine. I certainly am a state fan but I’m not afraid to admit when Ole miss is trending in an upward direction.

Just shut up. You’re not helping your case. Go put your powder blue PJ’s on and get Mom to tuck you in.

This one is over.

Last edited:

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
I just hope Noodle has some legit competition. I don’t want to see 20 passes to Marks in the spring game

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
he's .5 to .75 seconds late on every pass but when the receiver is open with a 10 yard cushion he does ok #noodlearm

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Gotta love to see one of those "This is your brain on drugs" scenarios play out on the board everytime UM takes the field. Luke Altmyer is the very least of our concerns for next year.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Well I don’t want to see you post childish name calling this year but we can’t seem to get what we want. You could enter the fan transfer portal? Or maybe ease on over with the experts on another board…

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018

No. You are not a “state” fan. Your “Ole miss” and “state” pretty much nailed it.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Ole Miss will be average next season. Nothing special just a easy schedule.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
In case y’all are wondering about next year.

Being a State fan isn’t easy and it isn’t for everyone. Some of us crack under the pressure. It’s still sad seeing it when it happens in realtime though.

BulldogBillyCrash

Oct 31, 2019
I just hope Noodle has some legit competition. I don’t want to see 20 passes to Marks in the spring game

Took me a while to realize a 4-6 yard dink and dunk to Marks or Johnson on first and second down gets you exactly the same amount of yards as a 4-6 yard run on first and second down. So if they give it take it make them cheat up and boom hit them down field

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Took me a while to realize a 4-6 yard dink and dunk to Marks or Johnson on first and second down gets you exactly the same amount of yards as a 4-6 yard run on first and second down. So if they give it take it make them cheat up and boom hit them down field

Well see it’s that “hit them down field” part that State hasn’t quite gotten figured out. Just about every pass is a possession play type throw. The mesh and quick screen have been pretty damn consistent but they don’t gash anybody.

CharlieWinfield

Feb 15, 2015
I tend to agree we should throw more of them; however, I was interested to see that, of SEC teams, only Alabama (with 24) completed more passes to targets over 20 yards down the field than we did (with 21).

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
How does that change if the parameter is moved to thirty+? I don’t remember many plays where opponents were casing a Bulldog receiver from behind after getting burned. Thomas had a couple. Griffin and Heath both had a nice one against Auburn.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I tend to agree we should throw more of them; however, I was interested to see that, of SEC teams, only Alabama (with 24) completed more passes to targets over 20 yards down the field than we did (with 21).

Look how many more times we threw it though

CharlieWinfield

Feb 15, 2015
That’s a good question, and I think you are on to something. Like you, I just don’t remember a WR getting behind a DB very often for a huge gainer. Anyway, I can’t easily find an answer since both SEC StatCat and PFF use the 20+ as the top bracket of their targets. (Their results are a little different, but similar even within that group).

One interesting point that gives some clue - when only the 20+ passes are considered, the average depth of target for Rogers is 27.6 and Young’s is 30.1. Not a huge difference, but it does suggest that his “deep passes” are a little deeper. Corral had the highest ADOT for balls over 20 plus in the league at 34. It looks like he had more true bombs than anybody else.

I would have guessed that Corral had more deep-ball passing TDs, but Young led the league with 14. Rogers had 10. Corral had 7.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login