This the guy in charge of our football program

Aug 22, 2012
[TWEET]1465748575120465928[/TWEET]

But you know, Shankly really likes a good mid-line option and Cooterpoot needs to see him adapt. You guys don't realize how good we're about to have it.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020

But you know, Shankly really likes a good mid-line option and Cooterpoot needs to see him adapt. You guys don't realize how good we're about to have it.

That's a great list and a good legacy for Leach. However as it pertains to us, he brought his staff mostly intact from WSU. While they are good coaches, I don't see any superstars emerging from the group in any way comparable to that aforementioned list. Possibly Arnett could emerge as a big name down the line and whoever replaces him. But unless Leach stays here into his 70s, he won't have the longevity or the staff turnover to have the opportunity for any future coaching studs to emerge.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
That's a great list and a good legacy for Leach. However as it pertains to us, he brought his staff mostly intact from WSU. While they are good coaches, I don't see any superstars emerging from the group in any way comparable to that aforementioned list. Possibly Arnett could emerge as a big name down the line and whoever replaces him. But unless Leach stays here into his 70s, he won't have the longevity or the staff turnover to have the opportunity for any future coaching studs to emerge.

To be fair, half the guys circled were guys that played for him. If we are counting players that may one day get into coaching, his tree could extend another 20+ years.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Yeah, I agree. I remember looking at that staff at TT and thinking "Wow...at least 10 of these guys are gonna go on the be influential head coaches one day" *******

Last edited:

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017

What do you think all of our Leach haters on SPS are going to do if he gets an offer for the OU job and takes it? or the Oregon job if it comes open?

You think they'll want Cohenz to hire Dirk Murfkins back? or will they go want him to pay Hudspeth whatever he demands?

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012

How many conference titles he won? Nobody is saying he's bad. But those other coaches HAVE adapted the system. They aren't throwing it as much, using TEs, etc. So, I ask, why would they change what works?

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
How many conference titles he won? Nobody is saying he's bad. But those other coaches HAVE adapted the system. They aren't throwing it as much, using TEs, etc. So, I ask, why would they change what works?
First, let's get you on record. Which ones of those coaches are you claiming are better than Leach?

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
First, let's get you on record. Which ones of those coaches are you claiming are better than Leach?

If Kingsbury can make it to the NFC championship game this year I'd put him on par for body of work. But your point certainly stands.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
We should fire him. Right in the middle of recruiting season too. Send a message. Our message boards users will not deal with mediocrity.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
One thing is for sure, if you can't win a Natty at TT or WSU you must suck as a coach and need to change your whole philosophy. Its also obvious he can't recruit. He never even had a top 20 class at lovely Pullman, a scenic football mecca

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login