This tweet should spark some interest on this board.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Even worse, two dumb *sses pull out on 4 lane which you are driving at 70MPH and one decides to pass the other at 35MPH in front of you so you have to slam the brakes to keep from hitting them.

I love those people behind you on on ramps whose only goal in life is to pass you as soon as you hit the interstate.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
I agree those people suck. That being said, do you get up to the speed limit on on-ramps and merge into traffic properly? If not, you could be the “those people” to them.
You mean, drive how your taught? Gain speed to merge in traffic and not affect the flow of traffic??

yes. Yes i do

• Haha
Reactions: DerHntr

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I agree those people suck. That being said, do you get up to the speed limit on on-ramps and merge into traffic properly? If not, you could be the “those people” to them.
I prefer to approach on ramps as if I've never taken one before, go between 10 - 20 MPH max, and stop at the end, half way in the right lane of oncoming traffic and wait on others to make a place for me.***

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
We passed a "slowpoke" law in GA in 2014, requiring slower traffic to move to the right. But I have always wondered how cops can enforce it? Seems it would be rare for a slowpoke to stay in the left lane if a police car was part of the traffic. So when do they ever see it in action?

OTOH, the law has emboldened fast drivers to try to enforce the law themselves, flashing their lights and using hand gestures when they think the law is being broken.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
We passed a "slowpoke" law in GA in 2014, requiring slower traffic to move to the right. But I have always wondered how cops can enforce it? Seems it would be rare for a slowpoke to stay in the left lane if a police car was part of the traffic. So when do they ever see it in action?

OTOH, the law has emboldened fast drivers to try to enforce the law themselves, flashing their lights and using hand gestures when they think the law is being broken.
You’d be surprised. I’ve seen multiple occasions of emergency vehicles with lights on pulling all the way up to a vehicle in the left lane before they finally merged to a wide open right lane to let them pass. Hell I’ve seen several left lane drivers pull over to the left shoulder despite multiple lanes on their right being open in one instance.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I prefer to approach on ramps as if I've never taken one before, go between 10 - 20 MPH max, and stop at the end, half way in the right lane of oncoming traffic and wait on others to make a place for me.***

My personal favorite: those that come to a dead stop to "merge" when they see this sign. They should revoke their license honestly.

1680638674060.png

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
The only time I drive in the left lane is when the right lane is rough as hell from lack of maintenance but I still get over when somebody wants to pass.
So you’re saying you are always in the left lane. you *******!

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
A woman passed me 3 times today on the interstate. She was in the left lane the entire time. I would pass her when she picked up her phone to text. She would finish and speed back up. Then text and slow back down. It took all of my patience to not honk my horn as she was slowing down and I was passing her, but I didn’t want her to freak out and wreck. Finally a guy in a jacked up dually pulled super close behind her and started flashing his lights and honking the horn when she began to slow down to text again. I enjoyed the show immensely.

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
Even worse, two dumb *sses pull out on 4 lane which you are driving at 70MPH and one decides to pass the other at 35MPH in front of you so you have to slam the brakes to keep from hitting them.
You must be talking about the trace to 55 S merge north of 220 in Madison….

Augustus McCrae

Aug 25, 2012
Also, when you are passing in the left lane, go ahead and give it some gas to get on around the vehicle you are passing and then get back over. I hate it when someone goes to pass and takes forever to get around a vehicle. This side by side driving makes me go bonkers.
billy madison today junior GIF
This, and slightly tangential but it drives me nuts when someone is passing me then just pulls along side me and sits there.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
I’m one of those people who like to be at or near 70 mph on a ramp entering a highway with a 70 mph speed limit. The people ahead of me on the ramp doing 50 mph are endangering their lives as well as mine when the ramp ends and they merge into 70 mph traffic at 50-55 mph. It drives me crazy that people do this-and, yes, I pass them as quickly as possible when I get on that interstate. Moving 15-25 mph slower than the speed limit on the interstate is a recipe for disaster-and causes lots of traffic accidents.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
I wish Terry would move to Jackson MS
Sorry, but we have already extended him an offer to be police chief in Ridgeland. Great money and free lunch at Elly's or Bulldog Burger, his choice. His first priority is Highland Colony Pwky.

Reactions: NTDawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
You must be talking about the trace to 55 S merge north of 220 in Madison….
No, the Caledonia entrance to highway 45. People pull out in pairs and one tries to pass immediately wit oncoming traffic. It happens all over Mississippi and Stop signs must be only suggestions.

Reactions: RotorHead
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login