Thought this was interesting from Iowa State

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007

Iowa State fans previewing their matchup. They want Pitt.

"Mississippi State plays good defense. That's our Kryptonite. Pitt is terrible defensively and doesn't scare me."

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
ISU had 10 quad 1 wins this season. They are really dangerous. But they also have stretches of nothing so on any given night they can take down any team in the tournament or lose to any 12 seed or better thats in the tournament.

patdog

May 28, 2007
ISU had 10 quad 1 wins this season. They are really dangerous. But they also have stretches of nothing so on any given night they can take down any team in the tournament or lose to any 12 seed or better thats in the tournament.
And 11 Q1 losses. Common opponents, Missouri beat them pretty badly and they took 2 pretty close games from TCU. On a good day, we can beat them. Of course, we've got to get there first.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
And 11 Q1 losses. Common opponents, Missouri beat them pretty badly and they took 2 pretty close games from TCU. On a good day, we can beat them. Of course, we've got to get there first.
Yep.

Our chaos works in our favor:

Yeah, I’m quoting a previous post:

And remember, inconsistency is a good quality for underdogs who have to win or go home. The more chaos a longshot generates, the better the chance that its best effort will be enough to defeat an objectively superior foe. And Mississippi State mucks things up as well as anybody.

(edited but click the link and you’ll see what I originally copied & pasted)

Our problem is that we muck ourselves up enough.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login