Thoughts on Allar injury?

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Thinking best case is sprained MCL and out 2 weeks.

Can we beat Huskies without Allar?
That’s what I was thinking also. It was a hip drop tackle because the defender was hanging on and wasn’t successful in bringing him down initially. Those tackles are illegal for that very reason. I don’t know why a) the ref didn’t blow the play dead b) it wasn’t a flag for the tackle or the facemask by the second or third guy. Regardless, I’m not sure it would be necessarily a bad thing to play with that injury, but it is pretty painful and it is his plant leg when throwing.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
That’s what I was thinking also. It was a hip drop tackle because the defender was hanging on and wasn’t successful in bringing him down initially. Those tackles are illegal for that very reason. I don’t know why a) the ref didn’t blow the play dead b) it wasn’t a flag for the tackle or the facemask by the second or third guy. Regardless, I’m not sure it would be necessarily a bad thing to play with that injury, but it is pretty painful and it is his plant leg when throwing.
There is nothing in college rules around hip drop tackles…that’s an NFL rule.

Reactions: LB99

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
I thought it odd that, even on replays, the TV announcers couldn't see the injury happen. It seemed evident that his knee buckled inward

olelion

Oct 31, 2021
I don't know. He was animated during the second half and all happy face after the game and moving quite freely. Maybe the MCL thing is worst case, with all due respect to the doctor

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login