Three more wins for NCAA Tourney.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Great game on Saturday.
Glad to see other players besides Jmoney try to win the game. Rhodes needed to be fed every time down the floor.
He was unstopable...

I think we need to hold serve at home and win one in the SEC Tourney and we get in.

It would be great to get one more on the road b/c LSU is playing healthy and alot better under Pierre...

Auburn W
@ Vandy L
UF ??
LSU W

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Great game on Saturday.
Glad to see other players besides Jmoney try to win the game. Rhodes needed to be fed every time down the floor.
He was unstopable...

I think we need to hold serve at home and win one in the SEC Tourney and we get in.

It would be great to get one more on the road b/c LSU is playing healthy and alot better under Pierre...

Auburn W
@ Vandy L
UF ??
LSU W

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
I think you're in just by beating AU and LSU at home. If you win in Nashville or Gainesville, it's just gravy for seeding. And wins in the SEC tourney will also just be for seeding.

Woof Man Jack

Apr 20, 2006
Last week you predicted a loss at SC, and an appearance in the NIT...correct?

My how times have changed.

Aug 30, 2006
that after we lost to Ole Miss we were NIT bound? Didn't you say we would only win our home games which would doom us to the NIT? Bruiser is right. If we win out at home, we finish the reg season at 20-10 (11-5) and we are in. Any more wins are for seeding purposes only.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Quote:_________________________________________________Last week you predicted a loss at SC, and an appearance in the NIT...correct?_________________________________________________

Correct, but thanks to Ben and his free throws we Won.
Boy it feels good to be wrong...
Great win four our dogs, SC is a tough place to play.

I still think we need three wins.

DUKEDOGG

Nov 12, 2007
If we can get a 5 or better, I'm thinking Sweet 16. From there who knows. We need to win both home games, a road win would be awesome, but not likely and get to the quarter finals in the SEC and we should get 5 -6 range and close to home during the tourney. That is what I am rooting for at this point. Thanks Stanz.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
No SEC team with more than 10 wins has ever been left out. Two more gets us 11, and 20 overall wins. Mortal lock.

G

Goat Holder

and actually have a team I care about in it again. Feels like just yesterday I was bitching about getting matched up with Duke, not whether or not we'd be in the Dance.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
The funny thing is as soon as we lose aother one of these road games he will be bitching whining about how we suck and are NIT bound. I have never seen someone flip flop as much over a team as this guy does. he must be an emotional wreck in everything he does. Always from one extreme to the other

Hanmudog

Apr 30, 2006
I think in a weird way UK turning their season around has really helped us. For one, their RPI is alot better now than when we played them. And two, I think the committee will do everything they can to get UK in the NCAA's but there is hopefully no way they can pass us over for UK.

MrBigDawg

Aug 8, 2007
I agree with 2... and one win in the SEC tourney just cements it. More Wins... better seeding... easy to figure that one

VinceVega70

Sep 24, 2007
Memphis plays in a league that virtually guarantees them 25 victories a year since Louisville and all the good teams left. THerefore, Memphis gets a high seeding in the NCAA tourney and only sees lower seed teams for 2 or 3 games.
If we played in CUSA, we'd have more wins and higher seeding too. We'd have more penetration into the tourney because of it.

jackbaddawg

Nov 16, 2005
Damn good thing that dumbass SC player fouled Hans on a 3 attempt instead of them fouling us coming down the floor & we only get 2 free throws. 1+1 . Our team or SC really played like they really wanted that game.

Dec 8, 2006
As most have said, if we take care of business at home vs LSU and Auburn, we will be in the tourney. If we lose either of those and the two road games at FL and Vandy, we'll have to win one in Atlanta.

10-6 and an early exit from the tourney will make for another disappointing Selection Sunday for Miss State.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Quote:_________________________________________________10-6 and an early exit from the tourney will make for another disappointing Selection Sunday for Miss State._________________________________________________

So you are saying Stans can't coach us into the sweet 16.

Say it isn't so...

This could be 1996 all over again..

Aug 30, 2006
He is saying that if we finish 10-6 reg season in the SEC and make an early exit from the SECT, then we will be left out of the big dance.
Quote:_________________________________________________This could be 1996 all over again.. _________________________________________________
Are you saying we could make a magical run to the Final 4 again? I would not have pegged you for the positive/optimistic/hopeful type.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Quote:_________________________________________________So you are saying Stans can't coach us into the sweet 16.

Say it isn't so...

This could be 1996 all over again.._________________________________________________

You really cant be this stupid can you? he was saying that if we were put out of the SECT early it would be a long day.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Sarcasim

Funny he agrees with me that we need three more wins, counting the SEC tourney, to get in the dance.

We get win number one tonight...

Aug 30, 2006
From your post.
Quote:_________________________________________________Funny he agrees with me that we need three more wins, counting the SEC tourney, to get in the dance._________________________________________________
Croomowesmeanapology's quote
Quote:_________________________________________________As most have said, if we take care of business at home vs LSU and Auburn, we will be in the tourney. If we lose either of those and the two road games at FL and Vandy, we'll have to win one in Atlanta._________________________________________________
He clearly says if we beat LSU & AU (i.e. 2 more wins) we are in. He says if we go 1-3 over our last 4, then we need to pick up a SECT win.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________Funny he agrees with me that we need three more wins, counting the SEC tourney, to get in the dance._________________________________________________
Funny, he doesn't agree with you.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________No, just aggravating the board as usual.._________________________________________________
There, I fixed it for you.

DowntownDawg

May 28, 2007
...seeing as how "getting to the quarterfinals" would mean losing the first game we'd play, there is no way that that would be good enough for a 5 or 6 seed. If you meant getting to the semis, you're still way off. We'd need to win twice to even be in the discussion for a 5 or 6 seed, and probably would need to have beaten Vandy or Florida to get there.

DowntownDawg

May 28, 2007
Quote:_________________________________________________No, just aggravating you as usual.._________________________________________________

Quote:_________________________________________________How is the weather today in Fort Worth?_________________________________________________

...was right on par with the ****** quality of your other 999.

Congratulations for adding BS 1,000 times.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________I'll catch up with all your BS soon enough..._________________________________________________
Did you make that up all by yourself?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login