Throwing it back to 1982

Zenophile

Oct 7, 2021
The best Penn State internet goodness tends to be random. I highly recommend that Penn Staters in general & football fans in particular follow either (or both!) of the below accounts.

EricStratton-RushChairman

Oct 6, 2021
I was a senior in high school and at that point did not have Penn state on my radar. In fact, was not a huge college football fan other than following ND because off my dad. Didn't apply until February.

Amazing how my passions would change in 7 months after attending first home game (loss to effing Iowa)... and would forever alter my illogical passion in life

Reactions: NittanyBuff

BeerLion

Oct 12, 2021
Those were the days, my friend...we thought they'd never end.

I was a sophomore then, and didn't really fully appreciate what had been accomplished. Now, I've lived in Georgia for over 40 years...and I appreciate it! :)
I was a freshman. It seems like just yesterday and forever ago at the same time.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
I lived next to Jon in Hamilton (and Skeeter) when this happened (though we were on break of course). I knew cheerleaders from the Frat (little sisters and brothers) and another from my HS.

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
I was a freshman. It seems like just yesterday and forever ago at the same time.
My wife and I were there. Outnumbered by Georgia fans by about 3-1. Heard nothing but how about those dawgs for days before the game. My wife asked me about 1:00 am on New Year’s Day if I was still awake. When I said yes, she said if she heard how about them dawgs much more she was going to throw up. I told her that she would only have to put up with it for a little less than 24 hours because they would be quiet as church mice after they lost. After the game joined a bunch of Penn State fans marching down Bourbon Street chanting what do Lions Eat? Dawg meat. Those were the days indeed.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Those were the days, my friend...we thought they'd never end.

I was a sophomore then, and didn't really fully appreciate what had been accomplished. Now, I've lived in Georgia for over 40 years...and I appreciate it! :)
I read you.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login