Thunder and Lighting

Who was right?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Hadad was right. If players don’t believe they can win, that’s on coaching. Part of a coaches job is motivating and getting their players to believe in him. Robbie then turned around on the very next point and said the offensive scheme is a problem because players have to play perfect in order to win

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Hadad was right. If players don’t believe they can win, that’s on coaching. Part of a coaches job is motivating and getting their players to believe in him. Robbie then turned around on the very next point and said the offensive scheme is a problem because players have to play perfect in order to win
No, Robbie was right. Hadad had just said “what can Leach do” and then transitioned to blaming Leach for 15-years of our ineptitude against Bama…

ETA: also loved the “let me talk”. I like Hadad, but he does interrupt A LOT going back to the Bob and Joel days…

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I haven’t listened to the latest show yet but you can’t blame Leach for a problem that’s been happening for longer than some of those kids have been alive. There’s been 4 coaches in that time.
I know there are those that just want to put one more check in the column of why Leach sucks but that isn’t on him.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
Why is hard for y'all to understand--everyone loses to Bama. the great Big orange just snapped a 15 year los ing streak. Not only does Bama always have better Jimmys and Joes but they have the refs always 17ing with whoever is playing Bama. Bama doesn't need help but they always have some nephew of a former Bama player calling the game. Saturday on at least 2 times we got a ****** spot. One Refs had us a 1st down (which was correct) and the line judge runs in and backs it up a yard and a half. Murphy's law always comes into play when we play those bastards. RaRa being 1/2 and inch out of bounds-Tulu dropping td--Walley dropping 1st down pass.. along with Ducking. another Muffed punt. why is any of this ML's fault. if Players make plays we win. consider this --what other game in recent History has Bama failed to score a TD in a half? we had some positives . Nobody on this board expected us to win. so why do you think the players would. Leach was just stating the facts.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
Team HD.

Also, Robbie you can’t constantly play the “you won’t let me talk and you just talk over me” card while constantly trying to talk over someone else who is disagreeing with you.
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
Regardless of who was right or wrong, Robbie had a problem that Hadad's opinion didn't match his opinion and threw a childish fit about it. It was poor radio/podcasting. The whole point of having multiple hosts is so they can conversate back and forth and offer multiple perspectives and opinions. Robbie getting upset that Hadad didn't agree with him was pathetic and immature.
Reasonable minds should be able to disagree.

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
The last 15 years have nothing to do with this year. It is on the staff to get a team ready to play. They have been here three years and haven't been ready to play Bama yet.

Reactions: thekimmer

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Both are right to some degree...

Alabama cast a shadow over the GTR. Columbus media covers Alabama as much as MSU. Many People there are Alabama fans. Some of the MSU players have played against some of the Alabama players in high school and other sports. MSU players know what they are facing heading into the game and play nervous and tight.

With said, Jackie's teams always got up for the game. However Jackie's teams were physical teams. They weren't some finesse "air raid" team. The fact we had not scored a single TD in the previous 11.9 quarters v Alabama under Leach, is a Leach issue.

The fact that they have beaten us 85 times out of 107 games is a Mississippi State problem. ...and college football problem in general.

Reactions: MaroonSadness99

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
For the record, Bama exploits our lack of athleticism more than any other program. If you want to pressure Bama, you’ve got to win on the perimeter. We haven’t had a WR drafted in a generation. We just can’t make them pay.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Regardless of who was right or wrong, Robbie had a problem that Hadad's opinion didn't match his opinion and threw a childish fit about it. It was poor radio/podcasting. The whole point of having multiple hosts is so they can conversate back and forth and offer multiple perspectives and opinions. Robbie getting upset that Hadad didn't agree with him was pathetic and immature.
Reasonable minds should be able to disagree.
It was bad podcasting. I had to fast forward through it.

Last edited:

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I’m currently listening to Robbie and Hadad ***** at each other. Who was right?

Or 2 other options. Both are right or both are wrong.

If What I am reading is right, both are wrong.

Robbie stating that this offense has to be ran to perfection in order to win is outright wrong and without any merit. Look back at the come back at Auburn. Anybody believe the offense was ran to perfection? How many "perfect" games have you seen by MSU this year? For that matter, how many by ANY team.

The other guy is a moron if he thinks that a coach can force players to execute. Even Saban has not been able to do that this year.

All they are doing is creating drama for clicks and for you to listen.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
The bickering between those two is annoying but today's spat was intolerable.

Hadad was right though. The HC is paid a fantastic salary to COACH the team. A huge part of that is getting them ready to play every game. It does not matter if we have laid an egg every year for the past 100 against bama. If the 'culture' is bad and is ingrained it is still the HC job to change it. Period.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Both are right to some degree...

Alabama cast a shadow over the GTR. Columbus media covers Alabama as much as MSU. Many People there are Alabama fans. Some of the MSU players have played against some of the Alabama players in high school and other sports. MSU players know what they are facing heading into the game and play nervous and tight.

With said, Jackie's teams always got up for the game. However Jackie's teams were physical teams. They weren't some finesse "air raid" team. The fact we had not scored a single TD in the previous 11.9 quarters v Alabama under Leach, is a Leach issue.

The fact that they have beaten us 85 times out of 107 games is a Mississippi State problem. ...and college football problem in general.
The two coaches that did the best against bama were Sherrill and Croom. Both Bear disciples. I get it that Saban had not yet built his juggernaught but Croom is still the ONLY State HC to win a game against him! I think that both of them played there and they were able to convey a better sense of confidence because they had been there and looked behind the curtain.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Or 2 other options. Both are right or both are wrong.

If What I am reading is right, both are wrong.

Robbie stating that this offense has to be ran to perfection in order to win is outright wrong and without any merit. Look back at the come back at Auburn. Anybody believe the offense was ran to perfection? How many "perfect" games have you seen by MSU this year? For that matter, how many by ANY team.

The other guy is a moron if he thinks that a coach can force players to execute. Even Saban has not been able to do that this year.

All they are doing is creating drama for clicks and for you to listen.
If players do not execute the HC recruited and coached these players so it is still his responsibility.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Leach is responsible for instituting the program culture. Regardless of our history we chose a completely new direction with him to try and get over the hump. With that said, Leach has a winning mind set and the players have to buy in. The team captains and leaders have to assuage doubts among their teammates. They have gotten better and I know it’s been three years but culture takes time. In another year or two I think they will take another step because virtually every player will have been recruited and coached by Leach and his staff for their entire college career and that winner mindset should be instilled in them.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Leach is responsible for instituting the program culture. Regardless of our history we chose a completely new direction with him to try and get over the hump. With that said, Leach has a winning mind set and the players have to buy in. The team captains and leaders have to assuage doubts among their teammates. They have gotten better and I know it’s been three years but culture takes time. In another year or two I think they will take another step because virtually every player will have been recruited and coached by Leach and his staff for their entire college career and that winner mindset should be instilled in them.
It does take time. In other thread we are talking about Wafe Forrest and how long it took Clawson to win.

Reactions: Croomonshrooms

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Sometimes a work is a work, but then you work yourself into a shoot.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Definitely lame. They let it drag on too long. Agree to disagree, shut up and move on to the next thing that is true. I always like T&L for the most part

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I heard three primary things brought up during today’s rant. Play calling, player execution, and culture.

For anyone arguing that the problem isn’t 100% on Leach, I’d ask which one of the above areas does the head coach not own?

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
The last 15 years have nothing to do with this year. It is on the staff to get a team ready to play. They have been here three years and haven't been ready to play Bama yet.
Right! I forgot was it Jackie, Mullen, Croom, or SloMo that called two consecutive pass plays 8 inches from a first down.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
I don't think it was scripted in any way. You can say it was lame but it's not scripted.
I agree. I don't believe it was scripted but after 5 minutes listening to them argue I started hitting advance 30 seconds until Hadad got to the next truth.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Just got a chance to listen.

A few things:

- I listened after work on the back porch with some cold brews. I knew what to expect due to this thread, so I thought it was funny.
- If I were listening on the way to work, I probably would've turned it off. However, I don't think it was that terrible or unprofessional.
- They moved on ... Eventually.
- I think they're both right.
- 2 Wrongs don't make a Right, but 2 Wrights make an airplane.
- Lastly, this song kept playing in my head:

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Every single offensive game plan revolves around players executing perfectly a lot more often than not. Don't put a hat on the right guy, the play blows up, unless you get lucky. Get hats on the right guys and don't read the right coverage/pick the right receivers to throw to, play won't be successful most of the time. That is not unique for Air Raid at all. The pressure to perform at that level against SEC West competition is just that much greater.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login