Thunder & Lightning: How Long Will it Take Jeff Lebby to Get Mississippi State Back?

Brian Hadad

Oct 1, 2023

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Joe Biden Thank You GIF by The Democrats

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Once he wins, he gone. If he wins this year or next, he would be in line to replace Venables possibly. I don't see BV working out in Oklahoma.
If he loses, he will probably get 3 to 4 years before they axe him.

Our best hope is for him to be slightly mediocre enough where no one else wants him and we will build a statue for him here after 10 years.

Reactions: Rockymountaindawg

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
Once he wins, he gone. If he wins this year or next, he would be in line to replace Venables possibly. I don't see BV working out in Oklahoma.
If he loses, he will probably get 3 to 4 years before they axe him.

Our best hope is for him to be slightly mediocre enough where no one else wants him and we will build a statue for him here after 10 years.
Hes Right GIF by MOODMAN

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
That's the question. Define "back". Back to what ? Going 7 and 5 on average ? That would be Mullenesque. 8 and 4 occasionally. Or back to 98/99 standards ? About a year for the first, three for the latter

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
That's the question. Define "back". Back to what ? Going 7 and 5 on average ? That would be Mullenesque. 8 and 4 occasionally. Or back to 98/99 standards ? About a year for the first, three for the latter
Well, going bowling every year. I can't imagine it meaning more than that since that's been the norm before Are Not.

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
I think we will go bowling this season. This team will be pretty good in a couple years tho I bet. Like playoff good. Not beating Georgia and Texas good but competitive.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Unfortunately under the current NIL/ portal system the answer is most likely never, assuming you mean that “back” is consistently competing with the SEC blue bloods.
Correct, unless we adopt some niche and totally commit the program to it.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Unfortunately under the current NIL/ portal system the answer is most likely never, assuming you mean that “back” is consistently competing with the SEC blue bloods.
I just want us to be “back” enough for me to want to plan on spending time watching our games. In recent past, my mindset going in was “I’ll watch this until it’s not fun and then I’ll go do something productive.”

I’d love nothing more than regaining my enthusiasm for our football team.

Reactions: Seinfeld and PBRME

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
I just hope he has the student part of student athlete working as hard in the class room so we WC make one of the 42 Bowl games at 5-7 this year.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Really there is no way to know, With the Portal and NIL..... we could be 7-5 (back) this year and finish 4-8 next year. Simply because all of our players and coaches got bought by everyone around us.

Unfortunately though, you have to follow the transfer portal to have even a guess at how good a team might be. If Lebby can start getting P4 transfers and not G5 transfers, then maybe he is building something...... again IF he can keep every school around us from poaching.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login