Thunder & Lightning: Mississippi State’s Swing Games Are Early and Often

HD6

Apr 8, 2003

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
I was so happy to hear the 1982 lsu game made the top 20 in the greatest game list. I was 9 years old at that game. I still remember being in blankets, and watching my grandmom smile when Dana Moore kicked that field goal , I think it was from 80 yards but don't recall the exact distance. My grandmom didn't smile often, but shw sure did that night. Thanks for putting it so high on the list!

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
The first night game at Davis Wade and it was a hell of a battle. The Dogs were having a rough year and LSU was ranked in the Top 10. I don't think Bellard's wishbone offense worked any better than it did that night. Bond got hurt and Parenton came in and looked just as good throwing the pass that tied to the game to Danny Knight.

EminenceBunt

Mar 28, 2016
I was so happy to hear the 1982 lsu game made the top 20 in the greatest game list. I was 9 years old at that game. I still remember being in blankets, and watching my grandmom smile when Dana Moore kicked that field goal , I think it was from 80 yards but don't recall the exact distance. My grandmom didn't smile often, but shw sure did that night. Thanks for putting it so high on the list!

Lol, 80 yards????

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I recall listening to the broadcast of Jack calling this game and making a "first night game" quip (paraphrasing here): "the only time lights have been on Scott Field is when we were out here looking for a lost set of keys with a 2 flashlights"

Classic. I still laugh to this day recalling that quote

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login