Ticket question for football

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Probably not. I’ve heard some people say it has, and others say it hasn’t. I did it with a parking pass and it worked, but with a baseball ticket it didn’t.

What’s the problem with getting it transferred?

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Probably not. I’ve heard some people say it has, and others say it hasn’t. I did it with a parking pass and it worked, but with a baseball ticket it didn’t.

What’s the problem with getting it transferred?

My brother bought tickets on stub hub and the ticket is essentially a picture/screenshot of the ticket

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Thanks for all the replies. I know it worked for me at a baseball game last year. I just told my brother to go a few minutes early in case it does not work he will have time to deal with stub hub or find another ticket.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Somewhat related. I have concert tickets to ZZ Top Friday night at The Wharf. It looks like a simple bar code but it states in big letters that a screenshot will not work. Tickets must be transferred in order to scan. Of course Ticketmaster will be glad to transfer them for a small fee.

Baddmann

Sep 20, 2015
We do it all the time with baseball and football tickets. Works like a champ. Never had any issues.

Also use it for parking passes.

Edit to add: I download my tickets to Apple wallet, then I screenshot 1 and text it to my wife. This is how we have done it since digital tickets started... if it didn't work, I would definitely hear about it!

Last edited:

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Somewhat related. I have concert tickets to ZZ Top Friday night at The Wharf. It looks like a simple bar code but it states in big letters that a screenshot will not work. Tickets must be transferred in order to scan. Of course Ticketmaster will be glad to transfer them for a small fee.

It all depends on the ticketing system. Ticketmaster’s doesn’t allow screenshots, I remember that being the case in Omaha in June 2021. Most others do, though.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

Ticketmaster is the worst… but unfortunately I can confirm a screenshot didn’t work with a Ticketmaster ticket when I tried it.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
l have used a screenshot of both tickets and parking pass this year with no problem. That said, this past weekend the parking attendant told someone in our group she's not supposed to take a screenshot, only a pass from Google Wallet, Apple Pay, etc but the girl told her that's all she had and they let her in

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
It depends. You can get in the stadium or park with a screen shot. But for premium areas like the Gridiron, you can't use the screen shot.

BulldogBillyCrash

Oct 31, 2019
Yes I sent two tickets for the BGSU game as screenshots and they worked perfectly

ETA: make sure to keep up with which ones you sent elsewhere and which ones are yours…that’s most likely how they not end up working because someone already used them

LandDawg

Sep 1, 2009
It depends. You can get in the stadium or park with a screen shot. But for premium areas like the Gridiron, you can't use the screen shot.
Club level & scoreboard club work just fine with a screen shot. 1st hand experience.

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
I always get in w/screenshots but I buy the cheap tics from ticpic & like to sit high on the east side.

I got a cheap LSU tic off StubHub a few weeks ago & got in on a screenshot in Baton Rouge, no problems.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Club level & scoreboard club work just fine with a screen shot. 1st hand experience.
Last year, a screen shot didn't work for me at the Gridiron. Maybe it's different this year. They're all on my phone.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Yes it will, but it the ticket is already in apple wallet on another phone (doesn't have to be scanned), it will not work. Found that out this past weekend.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login