Time for Ben to go.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Needs to retire after this season.
We have the talent to be a top 20 team this year and he has no clue how to coach.
The only reason he was successful at UCLA was he had great point guards.
The coaching has always been questionable, IMO.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Why was he successful at Pittsburgh and Northern Arizona before he was thought so well of he got hired at UCLA? Because he sucks and can't coach?

I'm kidding, but kinda not. I get frustrated, but the idea Howland can't coach at this level us laughable. Almost as laughable as the experts here who know so much basketball that they feel qualified to analyze how little a guy with Howlands resume knows.

He may not be the guy, but he's got a lot of talent this year and they seem to genuinely like each other and are playing with effort right now. They've got a lot of growing to do, but I'm getting more optimistic while the board melts down.

I look forward to the rest of this season. I'm choosing to recognize that when you beat a team who you defended reasonably well, and they still hit 14-27 from 3, it's a good win.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Oh, and if anyone needs a pick me up after that ugly WIN in basketball, Auburn just went up 28-3 over our beloved Bulldogs on the SEC Network. All hope is lost, but I'd tune in right now...

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
He has no clue how to coach? I get frustrated at times when watching the team play, but sweeping dumbass claims like that never manage to enter my mind.
I am thankful for that.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
He has no clue how to coach? I get frustrated at times when watching the team play, but sweeping dumbass claims like that never manage to enter my mind.
I am thankful for that.

I just thumbs up a glfr post. Yes I did.

Nunya.sixpack

Jun 10, 2019
Needs to retire after this season.
We have the talent to be a top 20 team this year and he has no clue how to coach.
The only reason he was successful at UCLA was he had great point guards.
The coaching has always been questionable, IMO.

Your highered.**

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think Howland lost the fire in the belly somewhere around the middle of his UCLA years. I know the teams I saw from him at MSU looked nothing like what I expected from remembering his teams at Pitt that we played a few times. I've never had the impression he's doing anything but coasting the whole time he's been at MSU.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login