To All the Morons Slobbing on a 17-17 Coach’s Pirate Plank

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
My take: We hired Leach because we thought he could bring an offense that scores points like crazy. That hasn't happened. He's not going to change, so either we accept his philosophy and hopes it improves or we make a change. I don't know what his contract situation is, so it's hard for me to say "fire him now!" but where we are (on offense) after 2.5 years, it's hard for me to keep supporting him.

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
Sad Baby GIF
At least I don’t cope for a 17-17 gimmick coach because he’s funny in press conferences. Ticket sales are going to be Croom levels next year

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
At least I don’t cope for a 17-17 gimmick coach because he’s funny in press conferences. Ticket sales are going to be Croom levels next year

No, you just live in a made up world. Example the offense has not improved. I pointed out 1 aspect and you went quiet. You are a instant gratification guy. And if you don't get your way, you are going to pitch a fit and that'll show them!

Anybody counting Covid year is on crack. Even our win over LSU. It was all subjective to who you had and who you didn't have and who could practice and who would opt out....etc

So we are in year 2 and yes, we have got better over those years. We have gotten better with the run. We have started winning the close games and closing out games we should. He has adjusted by adding a second back. etc...

Not only that, Leach signed 12 four star guys last year. More than I have seen in any class that I can remember. And he will CLOSE this season.

He signed the HIGHEST rated QB out of HS in MSU's history! He's recruiting QBs who can move now (adapting)

The Bonus of a Mike Leach is we will always get QBs and WRs and RBs. It means more $$ spent elsewhere.

Again, Let the man build a program that recruits see stability in and production.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Oh please it’s year 17ing 3. It’s his recruits all over the field and he can completely flip a roster through the portal. It’s his own damn fault
Coaches need outside entities to recruit at a high level. When we offer a 4-5 star whose got offers from the Blue Bloods, it ain't a fair fight. Instead of bichin 'bout the Bamers and UGA's we need to take a peek a few miles up north and examine what THEY are doing and how they are beating us in this new era of obtaining quality football players. Until our outside organizational skills adopt a "By any means neccessary" attitude and work ethic and come together with unified methods and goals, nothing's gonna change.

dstatechamps

Oct 15, 2006
Tell why do you think he’ll succeed when his offense has regressed in year 3 and fanbase apathy is at an all time low since Croom. We’re at Ben Howland of football level.

But hey he tweets funny pics and makes funny rants, forget 7-5 every year this is all worth it! ***
Do you have so little else going on in your life that this type of thing makes you that angry.? You poor *****. I feel sorry for you.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Nick Saban and Mike Leach don’t belong in the same universe. It would be better because guess what? The mfer adapts to changes in the cfb landscape.
Unlikely. He would’ve been run off with his first season loss to some directional Louisiana school. A big portion of our fan base is so irrational they would’ve run Dabo off long before he got Clemson rolling.

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
No, you just live in a made up world. Example the offense has not improved. I pointed out 1 aspect and you went quiet. You are a instant gratification guy. And if you don't get your way, you are going to pitch a fit and that'll show them!

Anybody counting Covid year is on crack. Even our win over LSU. It was all subjective to who you had and who you didn't have and who could practice and who would opt out....etc

So we are in year 2 and yes, we have got better over those years. We have gotten better with the run. We have started winning the close games and closing out games we should. He has adjusted by adding a second back. etc...

Not only that, Leach signed 12 four star guys last year. More than I have seen in any class that I can remember. And he will CLOSE this season.

He signed the HIGHEST rated QB out of HS in MSU's history! He's recruiting QBs who can move now (adapting)

The Bonus of a Mike Leach is we will always get QBs and WRs and RBs. It means more $$ spent elsewhere.

Again, Let the man build a program that recruits see stability in and production.
Has the offense improved? We’re in the 70s nationally and looking like 2020 currently.

Take out 2020, why have Arkansas and OM looked vastly superior to us sans Arkansas this year with Jefferson’s health issues.

Look at our recruiting this year and look at our recruiting last year leaving holes all over the roster particularly in the secondary and a DL with little to no pressure.

Yeah he signed him and the kid’s going to transfer out because he gets zero minutes even in mop up duty because Leach leaves Will in no matter what.

In this age you have to rely somewhat on the portal. That’s a fact. We’d rather sign a two star and a guy with a DSU offer than try to fill holes through the portal.

Look at our crowds and open your damn eyes. Nobody except the Leach stans believe this is going to work.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Has the offense improved? We’re in the 70s nationally and looking like 2020 currently.

Take out 2020, why have Arkansas and OM looked vastly superior to us sans Arkansas this year with Jefferson’s health issues.

Look at our recruiting this year and look at our recruiting last year leaving holes all over the roster particularly in the secondary and a DL with little to no pressure.

Yeah he signed him and the kid’s going to transfer out because he gets zero minutes even in mop up duty because Leach leaves Will in no matter what.

In this age you have to rely somewhat on the portal. That’s a fact. We’d rather sign a two star and a guy with a DSU offer than try to fill holes through the portal.

Look at our crowds and open your damn eyes. Nobody except the Leach stans believe this is going to work.

I already mentioned 1 aspect of the offense. Run game. Here is another. QB protection.

Why are we removing Ark because of injuries? Do we not to get injuries too? Wait. I bet we don't do we! That's different.

Look at out our recruiting. LET's! 12 four stars last year and never have we been close to that. This year is not over. Next, hole in the DBs. LOL What? Jordan Morant, 4 star. Hunter Washington... 4 star. Jackie Matthews 4 star. Marcus Banks 4 star. All DBs recruited in the last class! What are you even talking about!

DT??? 2 four stars last year!

The Kid signed isn't going any where because His time will come and he's a freshman!

Your whole argument on not working the portal to fill holes was just BS! "We rather sign a 2 star than work the portal!! I just SHOWED YOU 4 FOUR STARS FROM THE PORTAL!!!

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Welp guess we should just quit then because Croomedmypants said so…

look around college football. TCU is on the brink on making the playoffs and are doing so with less talent than us. Ole miss (who is on the same plying field with us when it comes to money) is about to have back to back 10 win seasons. But our fans just like to make excuses and roll over.
TCU has more money and some better talent at key positions and so does Ole Miss. Maybe they have better coaches too. It's not easy getting really good, young coaches to Starkville.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

If we had the top ranked offense in the country and we were still 6-4 would you be happier? Surely you’re not that upset about losses on the road to LSU and Bama and a home loss to Georgia?

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
If we had the top ranked offense in the country and we were still 6-4 would you be happier? Surely you’re not that upset about losses on the road to LSU and Bama and a home loss to Georgia?
I would if we didn’t look completely inept vs them and a bad Kentucky team.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Why are you guys so angry? It's just a game. Just a bunch of kids running around with a ball.

Maybe there's more to life.

Dr Pepper Japan GIF

Edited to add I think of this place every time I see this commercial.

• Haha
Reactions: SchrodingersDawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

You are throwing bread before swine. They would rather destroy the program than give a coach a chance. It is called selfishness. If we replace Leach they can all say, "See, I told you I was right. I called it when he came here! Nany nany boo boo"!

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
TCU has more money and some better talent at key positions and so does Ole Miss. Maybe they have better coaches too. It's not easy getting really good, young coaches to Starkville.
TCU is OIL money!

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
You are throwing bread before swine. They would rather destroy the program than give a coach a chance. It is called selfishness. If we replace Leach they can all say, "See, I told you I was right. I called it when he came here! Nany nany boo boo"!

I mean he literally made up every talking point that was an out right falsehood. It's ED 2.0

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Can’t argue that point, but OM has cracked this nut on more than one occasion, so we’ve also got to stop acting like it’s impossible.

Ole Miss has had more offensive talent than us for about 2 decades straight, because they put their money where their mouth is on the recruiting trail. We don’t do what it takes to get elite offensive talent, and we never have. That is the boogeyman nobody wants to talk about or address. It’s not Leach. People act like Leach just passes up all these 4* and 5* talents to sign 2* and 3* guys, like there’s a laundry list of elite offensive players just waiting on a shot to come to MSU. It’s pure fantasy. “These are all Leach’s players!”….of course they are. They are the same caliber of players as Mullen and Sherrill had. Mostly solid but unspectacular offensive talent that won’t sniff the NFL. We have a high floor offense for the talent we have when facing non-elite defenses.

Jonathan Mingo would be the best WR we’ve had in 25 years. May not even be in the Top 10 at Ole Miss in the past 10 years. He was committed to us….until the powers that be at OM said “Nah, we’re actually gonna take him”. Malik Heath was on our roster and was an OK starting player…..OM said “Yeah, we’ll take him too.” We don’t have any counterpunch. We either don’t have the money, or we do but aren’t willing to spend it. And if OM is outspending us, so are 10 other SEC teams. Fix that problem and get us Top 15 offensive talent, then we can see if Leach truly squanders it.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Ole Miss has had more offensive talent than us for about 2 decades straight, because they put their money where their mouth is on the recruiting trail. We don’t do what it takes to get elite offensive talent, and we never have. That is the boogeyman nobody wants to talk about or address. It’s not Leach. People act like Leach just passes up all these 4* and 5* talents to sign 2* and 3* guys, like there’s a laundry list of elite offensive players just waiting on a shot to come to MSU. It’s pure fantasy. “These are all Leach’s players!”….of course they are. They are the same caliber of players as Mullen and Sherrill had. Mostly solid but unspectacular offensive talent that won’t sniff the NFL. We have a high floor offense for the talent we have when facing non-elite defenses.

Jonathan Mingo would be the best WR we’ve had in 25 years. May not even be in the Top 10 at Ole Miss in the past 10 years. He was committed to us….until the powers that be at OM said “Nah, we’re actually gonna take him”. Malik Heath was on our roster and was an OK starting player…..OM said “Yeah, we’ll take him too.” We don’t have any counterpunch. We either don’t have the money, or we do but aren’t willing to spend it. And if OM is outspending us, so are 10 other SEC teams. Fix that problem and get us Top 15 offensive talent, then we can see if Leach truly squanders it.
Mingo- 37 catches 5 TDs
Ducking- 39 catches 8 TDs

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Fans aren’t pulling hard enough. Fans should do more. Mississippi State football is more important than breathing. Just ask Archer.

Newsflash…if you don’t meet one of the following criteria…

-wearing a jersey on the field or sideline
-standing on the sideline with a headset on or holding a clipboard
-sitting in the coach’s booth with a clipboard or headset on

You are a fan and your job is to be entertained. If you’re not entertained, watch something else.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006

In the past 3 recruiting classes, Leach has signed two 4* QBs, two 4* RBs, and six 4* WRs. Just one of those is truly being utilized while the remainder are either riding the pine or have already decided to transfer out.

Leach has signed enough talent to have a capable offense. I just have no idea when he's actually going to utilize it

Reactions: 3000lbchicken
Aug 22, 2012
Weird flex. This game was lost 3 to 4 years ago on the recruiting trail. Blaming Leach because we don’t have the players to compete with Bama / UGA / etc. is like Florida Marlins fans blaming their manager when all the best free agents sign with the Yankees over them.
Other than the game yesterday, we are scoring less than most defenses are giving up on average. And yesterday we scored because the defense gave us the ball around the red zone.

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
Weird flex. This game was lost 3 to 4 years ago on the recruiting trail. Blaming Leach because we don’t have the players to compete with Bama / UGA / etc. is like Florida Marlins fans blaming their manager when all the best free agents sign with the Yankees over them.
Mississippi traditionally recruits, what, 4-5 spots better than us? But they don’t fold like little bitches when Bama comes to town.
They have run the most simplistic offensive system ever going back to Freeze, yet they have run up and down the field, often matching Alabama.

Our teams have lost before they even get off the bus. I don’t know what the fix is but I’m tired of watching inept offensive performances when other SEC teams and often even G5 teams have success moving the ball on Bama.

it’s excuse after excuse after excuse at MSU. We make offensive football seem like it is unattainable and many fans are sick of it.

We need an administration, a coaching staff and offensive players with BALLS that are willing to stop being such 17n PUSSIES and step into the 21st century

patdog

May 28, 2007
In the past 3 recruiting classes, Leach has signed two 4* QBs, two 4* RBs, and six 4* WRs. Just one of those is truly being utilized while the remainder are either riding the pine or have already decided to transfer out.

Leach has signed enough talent to have a capable onfense. I just have no idea when he's actually going to utilize it
That's either an evaluation problem or a coaching problem.

Reactions: ArcherSPS

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Unlikely. He would’ve been run off with his first season loss to some directional Louisiana school. A big portion of our fan base is so irrational they would’ve run Dabo off long before he got Clemson rolling.
Yep. Also Saban got "Croomed" year 1 but he's still there.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Mississippi traditionally recruits, what, 4-5 spots better than us? But they don’t fold like little bitches when Bama comes to town.
They have run the most simplistic offensive system ever going back to Freeze, yet they have run up and down the field, often matching Alabama.

Our teams have lost before they even get off the bus. I don’t know what the fix is but I’m tired of watching inept offensive performances when other SEC teams and often even G5 teams have success moving the ball on Bama.

it’s excuse after excuse after excuse at MSU. We make offensive football seem like it is unattainable and many fans are sick of it.

We need an administration, a coaching staff and offensive players with BALLS that are willing to stop being such 17n PUSSIES and step into the 21st century
"Liked" because there's some Iron in Your Words. I just think it's premature at this juncture to say Leach can't right these problems.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I’m not giving up. I agree with you. I’ll continue to pull for the maroon and white, with the understanding that we are unlikely to have enough NIL contributions to punch above our level unless we strike gold with overlooked recruits like Dak. Coaching can take you a little further, but Ole Miss and all their glory couldn’t beat a handicapped Alabama team. That’s why Lane may leave for Auburn. All about the Benjamins.
The question is if the Boy Man leaves who does OLe MIss go for. I think Malzahn.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Hard to say because he was good enough to get a job like Alabama without coaching at a place like MSU. Leach, not so much.
A clear and very important observation. After Mich State and LSU, it was pretty clear that Nick was one of the best if not the best. Leach has proven to be a winner at most places, but not a Saban level coach.
Not a Kiffin level coach either.

Reactions: chuckster.sixpack

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Mingo- 37 catches 5 TDs
Ducking- 39 catches 8 TDs

LOL. Yeah, leave the yards and YPC off, conveniently.

Mingo - 723 yards, 19.5 YPC. That’s a big play receiver if there ever was one.

Ducking - 416 yards, 10.7 YPC, in a offense that throws it twice as much as Ole Miss.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
So 50% winning percentage basically like the last 3 coaches…

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login